Campbell Soup

Campbell Soup Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Campbell Soup President and CEO Denise Morrison

Denise Morrison

Pros
  • One can achieve a fairly good work/life balance in most departments(in 17 reviews)

• Great people who take pride in doing good work(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • formal training can be hard to come by(in 3 reviews)

• Work/life balance can be a challenge because cutbacks over the last several years have required everyone to do more with less(in 3 reviews)

Great place to intern

R&D Co-Op (Former Employee) Camden, NJ (US)

ProsThey give their interns a lot of responsibility. Campbell's is very diverse so you can learn development on a wide range of products. They have a great Co-Op program and I highly recommend it. They help the interns with moving expenses and give a monthly stipend for living.

ConsNot in the best location. Experience can be very dependent on the boss you're place with during the Co-Op. As in every work place there's a lot of politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore consistent experience among members.

An amazing experience

R&D Co-Op (Former Employee) Camden, NJ (US)

ProsGreat opportunities, great people, and great corporate structure.

ConsNone that come to mind. Maybe a slightly overwhelming workload at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and pushing your employees to their best and top performance.

Great people....but leadership challenged

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) Camden, NJ (US)

ProsGreat individuals to work with especially on projects. Emphasis on collaboration and building relationships. Pays extremely well for most roles - actually above market in most cases.

ConsToo many personal agenda's leading the organization versus a comprehensive strategy. Many believe money is the motivator versus good leadership and development. Over pays vs market which can be challenging when looking for a new role.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Strong brands, no sense of stability/job security

Senior Customer Business Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsStrong brands, salary, work from home

ConsRegardless of how well you perform, you never know whether you'll have a job from year-to-year because the company lays off large groups of employees regularly. Politics & the old-boy-network thrive at Campbell. Many of the teams run on a skeleton crew. A lot of triplework because the systems don't work properly.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the field.

worked 3 seasons in 3 different departments

Seasonal (Former Employee) Napoleon, OH (US)

Prosi think the team work and management skills are awesome! i loved being part of the campbells team1

Consi wish they would assign you to a department and call you back to that dept. working other depts. every season doesnt allow you to excel at being good!

Advice to Senior Managementno comment

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCaring bosses who really take the time to get to know you

ConsLong Hours and I felt like they didn't compensate me enough

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter management system and compensation

I recommend Campbell Soup

Category Manager (Former Employee)

ProsStrong Brands that consumers love. Investing in World Headquarters making it a much better place to work. Name recognition, heritage.

ConsMany categories are declining. Changing Culture. Possible takeover target. Yearly reorganizations have crippled employee morale. Constant turnover Sales & Marketing personnel.

Great opportunity but had no support or training - ultimately felt set up to fail

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsReputable and well thought of brand

ConsContinuous cut head count and restructure to 3rd party HR resources

Over 5 years as a full-time employee.

Director (Former Employee) Camden, NJ (US)

ProsGreat brands. Good benefits, loved the dental. Bonus structure for those eligible is also nice. Most employees are great to work with and welcoming. Depending on the department/group, open to some newer ideas and concepts.

ConsNo con comments at this time

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversity of thought and constructive critique of new ideas will drive the business. Effective execution is key to implementing sound ideas.

Old company slow to make changes.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Camden, NJ (US)

ProsOne of the corporate headquarters buildings is new and has a nice cafeteria, gym, and conference rooms.

ConsManagement is slow to make any changes. Very top heavy organization. Majority of the HQ facility in Camden is old and outdated. They're shutting down plants because their business is slowly dying and they're not agile enough to make changes to stay competitive.

Worked for Campbell Soup? Contribute to the Community!