Capco

Updated 26 January 2015
3.3

Capco CEO Rob Heyvaert
Rob Heyvaert

Pros
  • Work life balance is pretty dependent on client, I saw both sides of that (in 8 reviews)

• Good knowledgeable colleagues to work with from whom one can learn a lot (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Glorified body shop that does staff augmentation work (in 13 reviews)

• You time off/ work life balance is the lowest priority (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company, if you land on a good project

I have been working at Capco

Pros

Capco itself has a very entrepreneurial, encouraging culture, and is expanding very quickly. When it comes to team building, Capco feels like a start-up more than a Financial Services company.

Cons

Depending on the individual's luck, the projects that you get assigned on are not necessary exciting or any rewarding. Additionally, you have almost zero influence on which project you will go on when you are new.

Great Experience at Capco

Current Employee - Managing Principal in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Capco full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great People, Assignments can be very challenging, fair compensation, management is very open, focus on a single industry - Financial Services

Cons

It is a consulting company - be prepared to travel, some assignments will not be rewarding, the parent company, FIS, does not have the same entrepreneurial drive as Capco

Set a clear direction and have everyone heading in that direction - even if you are not sure that it is the right direction. Find the few people with entrepreneurial zeal and let them explore. Most people want clear direction but you need to give a few people the opportunity to explore and fail to find the future path for Capco.

The energy is contagious!

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

The old saying, you get out of it what you put into it is absolutely true. After being "sold" to Capco last year I had to start over with a new company. I've had more praise, recognition, awards and opportunities in the past year than I had in the last 5 years at my previous company. The ability to get involved in areas that interest you is a great motivator and gives me the boost in my career that I didn't even realize was lacking.

I've seen first hand, the integrity of the Partners who have backed up employees against unrealistic expectations from a client.

Medical insurance policies offered come with a zero deductible.

Cons

If you struggle with networking, you will have a challenge.

There is a great deal of growth right now and at times it will seem disorganized. If you have little patience or require more rigor and structure, it might not be the right place for you. You will need to be more agile.

Consider a re-leveling plan for employees who have been acquired after 6-12 months.

Opportunity to grow!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Capco full-time (less than an year)

Pros

--The people I work with are amazing. Smart, motivated, and willing to work together.
    --Opportunities grow on trees. Free training and 10k/ year to spend in education
    --Senior leadership is generally pretty approachable.

Cons

you are required to put in hours outside your project work on "firm activities." It can feel like a lot, and it can feel like a distraction from client work at times.

Great company to work for, fair compensation, challenging environment that rewards performance, great coaching structure

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Arlington, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Arlington, VA (US)

I have been working at Capco

Pros

Personal growth related to training, open leadership and communication, great vacation, sick, paternity policies, work life balance

Cons

Single industry focus, resource modelling is complicated and time consuming,

Keep doing what you are doing, especially around building the retention policies, career growth for non-partner level positions

Inspired like I have never been in my career

I have been working at Capco full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Capco has just hosted their first annual Regional Employee Forum. We had three days of the most inspirational leadership, guest speakers, and amazing colleagues. And it was all fun - a non-stop amazing time from start to finish.

Cons

Working for Capco comes with the highest possible expectations - you'll find yourself more driven than ever. If you want to take it easy at work, this is not the right place for you.

People want to win and succeed for you - keep stoking the fire that you re-started at the Regional Employee Forum!

Great place to begin a career in finance

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Capco full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Excellent Diversity
    - Great Culture
    - Flat Structure
    - Innovative Mentality
    - Good work/life balance
    - Exposure to tier 1 clients

Cons

- True strategy projects are few and far between
    - Project assignments tend to be quite long relative to common consulting practice

Good place to work

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Capco

Pros

Very supportive company and keen on individual development

Cons

Can be too focused on subjective contribution subjects

None

A place that succeeds because it invests in its people

I have been working at Capco full-time (less than an year)

Pros

What is great about Capco is the people. Everyone is friendly and fits well together. Capco took the entire north american region to puerto rico as part of the regional employee forum (REF) . The experience was phenomenal. I learned that it was not just my team that had great people, but the entire organization. What differentiates Capco is the innovative, forward thinking, and entrepreneurial talent. Capco continues to grow because they are doing something right, investing in their people.

If you want to have colleagues that genuinely care about helping you succeed, then you should look to Capco. No matter what your job is, if the people around you are not great, then you will not want to do great work. Capco people are the reason I go to work in the morning; they work hard and bring positive energy to the work environment.

Capco is a very flat organization. Unlike the hierarchies that exist in most big consulting firms, senior management is very engaged with its people. Networking is encouraged in the organization.

The medium size appeal of Capco is great. Capco is not small enough where the company could fail, but not so big as that your job could be consolidated. You can navigate your career and actually be recognized in the firm instead of being lost amongst the masses.

Great associate training program. The focus on learning is what drew me to Capco. Capco wants to make you a better consultant and provides opportunities to grow.

Cons

Capco is only financial services.
    Depending on the project, work/life balance can be difficult if you are traveling a lot.

Provide more options for project alignment