Capgemini

Capgemini Reviews in Illinois

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Capgemini CEO and Director Paul Hermelin

Paul Hermelin

Pros
  • Work life balance is not that great but felt better than my previous company experiences(in 219 reviews)

• The work culture is good and flat hierarchy system really makes it a good place to work(in 188 reviews)

Cons
  • Maintaining a healthy work life balance can be a challenge sometimes(in 76 reviews)

• 9 1/2 hrs work is the stupid decision took by senior management(in 57 reviews)

72 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Nothing spectacular. Nothing bad either

Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGood benefits. Continuous projects. If you are settled with a client, it would be for many years to come. Flexible environment.

ConsSalary is a big minus. Doesn't care much about the employees. Excuses for everything an employee asks by quoting their policies etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees as people, not resources.

The company has smart people but doesn’t always execute well on client engagements.

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsThere is a strong focus on client service. Some ongoing training is provided. The professional staff are generally smart and capable.

ConsThe internal technology is lacking and not modern. There is inadequate integration between Capgemini FSGBU and the overall Capgemini organization. Not enough attention is placed on staffing client engagements with the optimal professionals for the requirements and scope. I saw a tendency to fill project roles with someone with some relevant experience; but not necessarily the best person to fill the role.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove all aspects of the technology provided to client service professionals. Improve time reporting to be inclusive of all hours worked; not just entering 8 hours per day. Improve the process for approval of travel, time & expense submissions, etc. so that it is not so cumbersome.

An okay experience

Staff Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsWork-life balance is great, very nice co-workers overall, opportunity to work abroad if you get on the right project, pretty good at promoting entry-level consultants after 2 years

ConsStaffing issues, not much say on which projects you can get on, projects can last a long time, lack of training opportunities, lack of strong office culture

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is nice working in this company

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Buffalo Grove, IL (US)

ProsEverything is transparent , personal gowth,open discussions

ConsSome times not flexible for work timings

Good guys , average skill set

Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

Proslike any consulting company this review is specific to the practise (SAP in my case) you are part of.
    General work life balance is good, people get promoted although sometimes based on seniority, some exceptionally good guys are always there and if you can get hands on people from other countries like European ones, you can get exposed to some great work.

ConsCross country integration is poor
    Training is average, people are not top tier

Capgemini Company Review

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat company to work for I have worked here for 14 years. Excellent career growth available within the company. Diverse company crossing many development centers across many cultures.

ConsCan be somewhat hard to work across company divisions. Common processes across divisions does not exist. tends to operate as separate companies across divisions.

OK to Work

Consultant (Current Employee) Riverwoods, IL (US)

ProsOpportunity to work on diversified domain and clients. You may learn multiple technologies while on the job. Learning center is good and provides lot of materials.

ConsLimited Growth, Odd work hours. work / life balance will go for a toss.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare for those who cares for you.

Test Manager with an overall experience of 10+ years

Test Manager (Current Employee) Wheeling, IL (US)

ProsGood working environment. Challenging work and good opportunities until now

ConsFitment not as per market standards
    No balance in personal and professional life

Advice to Senior ManagementFitment for employees should be as per market standards

Good company but less projects in US

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsWork culture and ERP opportunities. You can visit Europe :) as most of their projects are EU based.

ConsLess Projects in US mainland

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus in getting more projects

Overall Great

Lead Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGood opportunity for growth / career advancement / stretch roles
    Typically will receive a reprieve period after long periods of extended hours

ConsLong Hours -- need to set boundaries / expectations with senior management
    End of year process could be improved, in both duration and process

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp end of year process to have more focused goals rather than just more goals

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!