CareFusion

Updated 17 February 2015
2.6

CareFusion Chairman and CEO Kieran Gallahue
Kieran Gallahue

Pros
  • This is a good company when it comes to work life balance and resources available (in 21 reviews)

• Good Benefits and PTO (19 days off but you rarely get other holidays off) (in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes it feels as though promotion of work-life balance is lip service (in 17 reviews)

• Upper Management does not have time to listen to your concerns (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

183 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Good place to work. Nice enviroment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at CareFusion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and flexible work hours. Supports a nice balance between work and home. Promotes personal growth within the company.

Cons

Still experience growing pains after splitting from Cardinal Health. Problems with melding the two cultures of the Infusion and Dispensing sides of the business.

Pay better attention to what the employee surveys are really telling you

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at CareFusion

Pros

Friendly people, abundant opportunities for growth and development

Cons

High turnover rate and executive management could be more transparent

Would be great if the fragments united.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people on my team and my direct manager are energetic, innovative, and dedicated (not just biased). I could not wish for a better group, unless there were just two of each of them (which we could use in our department).

Cons

Leadership is all over the place, leaving everyone confused as to our true objectives as a company. Simply repeating CareFusion's taglines and canned objectives at a town hall does NOT align your leadership. Making decisions primarily as independent business segments (contrary to what they SAY, which is that all businesses are aligned), results in CareFusion as a whole taking two steps forward and four steps back, while losing valuable, frustrated people and decreasing reputation along the way.

Additionally, I believe this splintering and lack of accountability leads to an "everyman for himself/herself" attitude, resulting in a lot (I mean a LOT) of backstabbing, passing the buck, and intentional roadblocking in the name of self-interest. This does not breed a motivating and innovative environment, rather it sucks the life out of you, making it difficult to feel excited for your own contribution and place in the machine.

The BD merger offers an opportunity to start with a clean(er) slate - to become a more cohesive and unified company - in process, leadership message and actions, and in our goals. Pay attention to what is happening at your company - consider focusing elsewhere than at high levels, because your foundation for success resides with everyone at this company besides you.

I hope leaders will now take the time to communicate in a genuine manner, without glossing over gaps as usual - just face the issues and fix them as a UNIFIED company with aligned decision-makers who look beyond their own interests and can manage long-term strategic thinking.

CarelessFusion

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at CareFusion full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This was a great company during the Alaris years.

Cons

Worst company I have ever worked for!
    Continuous downsizing in small numbers so the shareholders and investors are unaware of the company's instability. Firing starts with all the managers followed by the directors, soon entire floors are empty and we are left doing the work of 5 people so no work/life balance as claimed. Mission statement,: Careless Fusion.. use the few remaining and dump the rest. Everyone is treated like a number, even after giving over 10 years to this company, you get layed off without warning or you never know who's next! This is the worst company ever!

Non, they don't care, especially CEO Kieran Gallahue, the Corporate raider!

Field Service Engineer

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at CareFusion full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent client base, wonderful employees to work with,

Cons

Unqualified management, unable to make any decisions, only out for themselves at the cost of the company and employee's. No work/life balance

Clean up your organization, get rid of the dead weight, your best performers and talent are gone now

Great place to work

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Work a lot, especially during holidays

It's ok

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, good life/work balance, work is meaningful

Cons

pay is a little low, people keep to themselves, quiet and individualistic work environment

keep transparency with your staff, especially during acquisitions

Below average

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Satisfying job since it directly and positively affects people's lives.

Cons

Lots of personal agendas and politics going around in every single department, plant, and headquarters.

There is a lot of empty rethoric at the management level, and leading by example at CF is totally non-existing. For example, a lot of emphasis is given to team work and goal achievement, but in reality projects are delayed or total failures due to the inability of managers to promote the very environment they speak of, but fail to enforce.

Accountability at the management level is ZERO. The company is only successful because of the lower level employees who truly work hard ( and they are never really recognized by management).

Promotions are only based upon popularity, how good people are at verbally justifying their jobs, "yes people", and personal agendas. Hard work, job experience/ knowledge, and commitment are ignored by management when it is time for reviews, bonuses, and promotions. Great thing that BD acquired CF, hopefully culture will be changed.

Hopefully BD will reorganize the culture from the top down. Parasitic managers and departments (such as "Advanced Engineering" and Quality) need to go.

Field Service Engineer - Infusion Devices

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, benefits, and work from home

Cons

Not much opportunity or room for growth

S-Carefusion empoyees away, so they can outsource

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers and ok pay.

Cons

An entire department got their working hours changed to match the busiest traffic times in San Diego. All that, so people quit and they don't have to lay more people off, so they can outsource to NON AMERICAN, bad English speaking workers somewhere in another country. Daily bullying from the management, again, to make people quit. All that, for a big fat bonus for management and above. What about the customers?

Please leave and let somebody take charge that knows what they are doing.

CareFusion Photos