Cassidy Turley

www.cassidyturley.com

Cassidy Turley Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Cassidy Turley – Saint Louis – “HQ”

Cassidy Turley CEO Joseph Stettinius Jr.

Joseph Stettinius Jr.

Pros
  • Market leader, largest privately held commercial real estate firm in the country(in 3 reviews)

• Fun atmosphere, good people, decent pay(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Unless you are one of the "chosen ones" from upper management, don't expect your career to go anywhere(in 5 reviews)

• they push out innovative and good people(in 3 reviews)

Professional company

Property Manager (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsGreat marketing materials and professional company. Fair salary wise and good company leadership. Opportunity for advancement and training.

ConsVery big organization hard to know the company leadership if you are in a support position. Time off very fair and benefits are very fair. The company approves training and encourages.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the leaders know the personnel in the field.

Classic over-worked and under-paid situation

ProsThe PTO is awesome. You start at 18 days and work up from there.

ConsThe compensation is laughable compared to other firms in St. Louis. I was consistently a top producer on my team and I had to beg management to get a 4% raise annually. They don't value their employees and their mindset seems to be that they are willing to let anyone walk over money. They will just replace you with the next college graduate for much cheaper

Advice to Senior ManagementHang on to good people. The turnover has to be a red flag!

No support, no local talent management, property management assignments on the decline.

Pros-Excellent PTO but when you are understaffed, it is very hard to manage staff's abundant time-off under company policy.
    -Regional management tries with their training initiatives (which are planned by other PM's), volunteer work and occasional company functions but it seems more of a "to-do" no one is excited by these initiatives. Among the property management division, employee morale very low.
    -Ability to work independently with no supervision (other than from client) but this is not good when you need the support or are new to the business.

Cons-Property management assignments on the decline, appears we are becoming a leasing company where former focus of company (prior to CT buying) was property management assignments and landlord representation.
    -Employees are leaving and not being replaced, assignments are being schlepped off on existing managers that already have full work loads. There is no focus on talent management.
    -Upper management is out of touch with the St. Louis "initiatives" managers are being charged with. Most are for the sake of CT's compliance requirements and have nothing to do with our client's needs or methods of operation. The company is inflexible when it comes to these initiatives that our clients could give a crap about. It creates unnecessary work and doubling up of responsibilities. Much of the workload is placed on the PM's (i.e., entering leases, inability to delegate to other staff while on vacation, assistant managers have no approval authority, etc.). It appears that CT was formerly an industrial management company and has not taken into account our portfolio of office. A lot of assignments and client demands are complicated, they do not always fit into your easy property "mold."
    -Communication from upper management is deplorable. PM's are left to "figure it out" when it comes to transitions or staffing but we have no decision making rights when it comes to staffing, has to be handled by the out-of-touch upper management.
    -No salary structure-compensation is VERY inconsistent among employees

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying attention to your people and what is actually going on in the field so you can better make decisions when it comes to staffing, development of employees and the demands of CT's initiatives.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointing experience with coworkers that will gladly throw anyone under the bus.

Graphic Designer (Former Employee)

ProsForces you to think on your feet and take initiative. There were other pros to working here before budget cuts occurred. After that, the office morale suffered a bit.

ConsPersonal and professional growth is of no importance to management. Before budget cuts, I was approved to return to school for continuing my education. I decided to continue despite their refusual to continue their financial commitment, but was absolutely floored when my manager actually told me that "education was useless" to them. SERIOUSLY!! I left shortly after that.

Advice to Senior ManagementEducation IS important. Thankfully I realized that and I'm making more money now, have a much happier work-life balance and I'm a very productive and integral part of the organization I am with now.

Great place to build a career

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsLots of different positions to try out

ConsIf you relocate - beware - they may change your job position

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent and communicate better - even if the news might be considered bad

Is there a future for this company?

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsRelatively good benefits. Ability to work independently because many managers don't know their subordinants job. Great co-workers.

ConsCT is a revolving door. Good co-workers and managers don't stay long. Sr. Management seems focussed on systems and procedures but you're inundated with reports and checklists and can't get the real work done. Training for new employees in nonexistent. CT seems to grow by acquisition but then fire all the good people they acquire which leaves sattelite office understaffed and underperforming. Worked in a regional office for two years and never met any company execs. If they came to town it was in and out without as much as a coffee break with the staff to see them. My regional office was looked down on as a market dominant company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou better start communicating with the employees and help them understand the vision and make them feel they are impirtant othwise you won't survive unless you're just looking for a golden parachute. Sadly,a bleak outlook for the company.

Horrible Management

Managing Director (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsNice office space. If you are incompetent but yet know how to be political, it is the perfect place. Perfect landing spot for former Grubb & Ellis employees

ConsNo management. Arbitrary policies and procedures. No substance. Talented people are leaving the organization. Management does not deal fairly and honestly with its employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell

Not good for Property Managers

ProsThe benefits are great! Time off, medical, etc.

ConsUnless you are one of the "chosen ones" from upper management, don't expect your career to go anywhere. Property Managers are overworked and not recognized unless they are in the upper management "clique". Very disappointing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry working on career development for ALL employees, not just the ones that are your favorites.

Provided opportunites

Broker (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

Prosas a full-time broker working on commission, there were limited pros vs. other firms with national platforms

ConsLittle name recognition, had growing pains.

The Little Fish in a Big Pond

Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsIf they need you (i.e. to fill a position) they'll hire very quickly. Ability to work almost completely autonomously.

ConsVery few methods for advancement. Little to no crossover for line of business training. Management seems decentralized with middle management being disorganized. Seems to be no strategic vision passed down to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMimicking your closest competitors at the expense of your current employees is not necessarily a solid business plan. Try to diversify the company and do what your competitors aren't doing. Invest in technology and alternate lines of business with your existing people.

Worked for Cassidy Turley? Contribute to the Community!