CastleBranch

2.7

Brett Martin

Loving life at CastleBranch

I have been working at CastleBranch

Pros

I have been employed for a little over a year. During this time frame I have had the chance to meet many great people. HR identified that I was not in the right role and helped to realign me to a position that I was better qualified for. I love what I am doing today. HR really knows their staff. They take a significant amount of time to meet every employee, to make them feel welcome and help them not only at work but after hours also. Knowing that they care has meant a great deal to me. I have never experienced this level of care and concern in any other company.

Cons

During peak the hours can be long.

Doing a great job. Really like the new employee engagement programs HR recently rolled out.

Be Afraid..........Be Very Afraid

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free fruit, bagel day and a gym on premises for employees. Also free parking. CastleBranch treats you very well during interview and treats you decent in the beginning.

Cons

Very disorganized and unfriendly organization to work for. Most employees are very unhappy to be there due to low pay and the way they are treated. Just because you give someone a banana is no excuse for treating people with disrespect. CastleBranch keeps having Job Fairs and we all know that means a new wave of firing is coming. We work in fear of being fired. It has become a revolving door in the year plus that I have worked here. DO NOT quit a job to come to work here like I did.

Quit playing with peoples lives. It is very stressful to live in fear of being fired when you have a family to care for. Ask yourselves.........are there really that many bad employees that we have to fire so many or could it possibly be our arrogance and unfair expectations? How many employees have been fired or threatened for basically no reasons? And replace the HR Department. They are unapproachable and the most arrogant in the organization, when they are supposed to be the most caring. Make yourselves and mid-management available to the employees........and ease our fears. If you have to fire, fire the ones that truly need firing.........the ones that think they are too high up to fall and abuse us. Castle Branch really has a bad reputation in Wilmington. Pretty much everyone knows someone that has worked here, and have heard the horror stories. I'm embarrassed to say I work at Castle Branch. I will be part of the mass exodus.

Smoke and mirrors

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at CastleBranch full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are some amazing people who work here with HUGE hearts! Unfortunately none of them have any power to make positive change. They are all afraid of losing their jobs if they speak up about problems or issues. This is true all the way up to the C level exec team.

Cons

None of the elements added to try and make this a “cool” working environment are truly for the employees or their benefit. Also, the “cool” work environment has eroded the professionalism that a company of this size should have. There is a gym, but it seems like it was created for those outside the company rather than for the use of employees. Classes are held during working hours and attendance at these classes (or rather the absence from your desk) is looked down on. I do not understand why there is a brewery. Raises are based on how long you have been with the company, only. No matter your innovation, success, performance; you will not get a better raise equal to your hard work. I do not believe in the CEO/owner. I do not believe he is a man of virtue or conscience. I think the company will fail if major changes are not made.

Listen up. Actually hear your employees and take their advice. People are not fooled by the smoke and mirrors you throw up. It is apparent that you do not genuinely care about your employees, their wellbeing, their family life. Forget all of the distractions (brewery, gym, food truck, Ping-Pong tables, skee ball) focus on your core business. Adequately and appropriately reward the people who are giving everything in support of your company. By not basing raises on performance you are teaching people to only do the bare minimum and you will not be able to attain sustainable growth.

Etremely poor business model

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Wilmington, NC (US)

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free coffee... and your own cubicle. If that counts as a pro

Cons

You make a base wage of $11 per hour, which is something. When I applied there, they told me all kinds of stories about how I can make 6 figures after just a few years there. Unfortunately, I don't want to say that it is impossible, but its definitely....Not doable. Because the city of wilmington built their office, they were made a deal that in exchange they would hire another hundred or so people to the company. So instead of thinking up a logical, intelligent way of doing that, they just hired a bunch of new sales reps and now we all cannibalize the market from each other. The lead system is ridiculous, there are so many duplicates that we are all calling the same leads, and they show little interest in correcting that. Not to mention that most of the services that we provide companies are essentially free to obtain, so the profit margins for the company are ridiculous, but we get pennies on the dollar for commission on the revenue brought in. Even if you are a great sales rep, earning potential is not there. The two best reps just recently quit because they got paid better elsewhere, they do nothing to keep their top talent

shape up. start compensating your employees adequately, because there is about to be a giant migration away from this company.

Great work family

Current Employee - Custom Implementation Specialist in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Custom Implementation Specialist in Wilmington, NC (US)

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (more than a year)

Pros

CastleBrance embraces each new employee equally. There is endless room for growth and personal development and there is a great management team to assist.

Cons

Crazy busy times. The only thing to complain about is the hecticness that comes along with our peak season, BUT there is usually lots of overtime in the summer so that makes up for the craziness that we endure.

Do no recommend

Former Employee - Customer Service in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Wilmington, NC (US)

I worked at CastleBranch full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are some cool, open minded individuals that work there. There are some genuine people you will meet. They are pretty easy on the dress code.

Cons

Horrible, horrible, horrible. If this ended up being my every day life i would be horribly depressed. They hire tons of employees and tell them that it's temporary for 3 months and then they take you on full time with benefits - this does not happen to the majority. Pay is also horrible. Your working for a corporation that over works their employees with little appreciation of their work - especially during mandatory 50 hour weeks overtime. Very stressful positions making hardly enough money to live by but very strict rules.

i would say pay better definitely - it's sad to think of how much money the top ceo is making of this company and the majority of the workers are living on a poverty salary. 10 to 12 an hour doesn't cut it.

not what i signed up for

I have been working at CastleBranch part-time (less than a year)

Pros

lax dress code
    nice location, great break room, get two 15 min breaks
    some fun events offered

Cons

You spend most of your first weeks there hearing whispers and gossip from senior employees, or people who have only been there a few months, because they're worried about their job security when they see new training groups come in. New training groups mean people are going to get fired or moved. It made me feel very unwelcome and started to make me feel anxious about whether or not I was going to be there long if these employees were talking about how they didn't have room for any new people. One senior employee even told me to my face that they weren't sure why my training group got hired because they don't need anymore new people. Great welcome wagon.

As I read some of the other negative reviews on here I can totally understand the "high school" culture that is referenced. There are groups of cliques in most of the areas with young college grads. In some of the departments like IT you don't see that as much, but you definitely see it in the departments that have the younger crowd. It can create quite an uncomfortable/uninviting work environment.

I don't feel secure in my position, satisfied with how management has handled things, or happy about being misled about the expectations of working here and what exactly I was being hired for.

Be honest in interviews and training process.
    Tell new employees right away what the expectations are for the company and for the department/position they're going into. Don't sell a job candidate on one thing, and then change things around in less than a month and without fair warning.
    be more approachable.
    change the atmosphere. employees shouldn't always be fearing for their job safety when new groups of people come in and out

DISAPPOINTING

I have been working at CastleBranch

Pros

It's a job for a few weeks then you get me any booted

Cons

Everything. GO TO VERIZON. EXCELLENT company. Excellent to employees. GO TO VERIZON!!!!!

Give up. You suck.

My experience over the past 7+ years have been positive

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company gives so much: Good benefits, free fruit daily to promote healthier living, food truck, onsite gym with free classes with certified instructors. Ping Pong arena. Great atmosphere, No dress code. Employees can interact with others with like interests easily. Love the volunteer program and that we get paid to volunteer in the community. New garden where we can grow, pick and eat our own fruits, veggies and herbs. Host good family events

Cons

Rate of pay initially is a little low. As you prove yourself that does go up.

Continue to vest in the training programs and the employee/family events also.