CastleBranch Reviews

2.9

Brett Martin

My experience over the past 7+ years have been positive

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company gives so much: Good benefits, free fruit daily to promote healthier living, food truck, onsite gym with free classes with certified instructors. Ping Pong arena. Great atmosphere, No dress code. Employees can interact with others with like interests easily. Love the volunteer program and that we get paid to volunteer in the community. New garden where we can grow, pick and eat our own fruits, veggies and herbs. Host good family events

Cons

Rate of pay initially is a little low. As you prove yourself that does go up.

Continue to vest in the training programs and the employee/family events also.

Awesome place to start a career!

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time for more than a year

Pros

CastleBranch is a great company to work for! As a recent college graduate, CastleBranch gave me a chance to get my foot in the door and use my degree without relate working experience. It is hard to start off as most jobs require a minimum amount of related experience. I really enjoy working with everyone at CastleBranch as well. The team is very supportive, upbeat and collaborative.

There are also many great employee benefits which make it a fun environment to work in. Fresh fruit daily, bagel/muffin Fridays, gym with free work out classes and great trainers by Forged, Vittles food truck on site for breakfast and lunch everyday, mentor program for growth opportunities and coaching, 8 hours of PTO/year for volunteering, fun monthly events including a birthday celebration with birthday cake and company wide meeting and great support of work-life balance. SurfSUP program with free paddleboard and surf board rental and lessons weekly.

Cons

The pay isn't as high as a lot of my friends who have jobs in the area but the culture, group and advancement opportunities make it well worth it. There are also annual performance reviews where pay can be negotiated. There is also great employee recognition and appreciation.

Great place to start your career!

I have been working at CastleBranch

Pros

The company culture is great, the employees are very friendly, knowledgeable, and professional.

Cons

Room for vertical movement is very limited. I imagine as the company continues to expand this will change, but currently most people leave due to sub par pay for work completed.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to start a career at the beach!

I worked at CastleBranch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The staff is comprised of mainly people in their 20s and 30s, which makes for a fun environment and a great first or second career. And though CastleBranch's primary industry is background screening - kind of boring - the day-to-day actually involves a lot of other exciting core and new business endeavors! During my time at CastleBranch, I worked closely with the owners and upper management and I've never met a more innovative bunch - always thinking ahead to the next big thing, hence the new Tek Mountain. If you get a job there and pay your dues, you'll definitely be provided an opportunity for advancement with a great, growing company.

Cons

Not all departments are "created equal". I recommend Business Development and Sales/Marketing for the best opportunities to learn and advance. Many employees have complained of low pay, but I personally felt pretty well compensated. Then again, I did work my butt off...

Identify your star performers and reward them with promotions and/or other recognition.

Great experiences and culture but company needs to stay focused and organized.

I have been working at CastleBranch

Pros

The culture of the company is very good. The buildings are very luxurious and impressive, the Vittles food truck (available daily) is reasonably priced for the good quality of its food, the new gym w/turf and workout equipment is a great amenity, and company-wide events are upbeat and fun. Great place to get acclimated to a corporate setting and learn how a company functions from the ground up. People are generally friendly and the ping-pong tables provide a nice break from work and allow people to socialize and have fun together. Location is great, near lots of shops and restaurants in Mayfaire and The Forum. The company is growing at an astounding rate and seems to be heading for nothing but success.

Cons

The office is often very empty and people keep to themselves -- there is hardly any interaction between co-workers/employees. The pay is not commensurate with the demands and expectations of the company and upper-management, which often are disorganized, sporadic and at times overwhelming. Days are long and usually very boring, you don't do much else but stare at a computer and type all day.

Try to prioritize on projects a bit more and clarify what needs to be done and by when -- demands and deadlines are sometimes either not communicated, or are very ambiguous. Continue to be readily accessible and willing to help, as is already the case with most of the management team.

Castle Branch - In review

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This is a rapidly growing company that is open to doing things differently and not satisfied with being sedentary. Castle Branch has random perks to make a work experience more enjoyable: Free Breakfast Friday, free coffee, free fruit, entertainment areas for breaks with ping pong, on site food truck for purchase, employee onsite gym, free Friday paddle board rentals, free surf board rentals, free surf lessons, employee garden, 401k match, flexible scheduling, sales people may travel, etc. This is a great place to start a career and be a part of a great company culture.

Cons

Generally speaking, most roles require a lot of attention to detail while in a fast past environment to help the client. Those lacking those qualities will not succeed. This is a job. If you can't perform in the role, then you aren't performing the job they're paying you for. They have training programs to teach you the systems and processes. Pay is average. Low level repetative task positions are paid at a low level. Upper level demanding, stressful, performance-based positions receive more pay. There is room for internal growth with the multiple systems and processes that the company uses. Familiarity with the company flow will provide opportunity to grow within the company. Temp roles are exactly that, Temporary. If you're a shining star in a temporary role, Castle Branch will offer employment or call back when the next temp peak season. arises.

The constant growth, progression and evolution is terrific. Just remember that as we grow at this continued pace, the little things that need fixing are quickly turning into big things that need fixing.

A great place to grow

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time

Pros

Very casual dress code, free fruit provided daily, along with weekly bagels and muffins. There is also a gym with free classes for employees. A mentoring program was also started recently, which provides for help with career planning and development. Volunteering has also become a greater focus lately, allowing employees some paid time off to volunteer.

Cons

Starting salaries can tend to be a little lower, but that seems to be a reflection of the area the company is located. On the positive side, there does seem to be opportunities for continued growth.

Keep working towards the path of providing opportunties for employees to develop their careers. There seems to be some good examples of that within the company, and it would be great to see more of that.

Castle Branch is a great place to start a career

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Castle Branch is a growing company with many career and growth opportunities. They train employees for their specific job and provide various coaching and mentoring opportunities for employees. The campus is really great (gym, free food, other good stuff) and the managers seem to care about their teams.

Cons

While I have heard some of my co-workers talk about pay not being great, my research of the Wilmington, NC market shows that Castle Branch provides average starting salaries. This combined with a growing company means opportunities for career growth. The company benefits are really good, too.

I like what you are doing and how you are doing it. I have seen Castle Branch grow from a small background screening company to a very successful and large company. You respect your employees and take good care of them. You are involved in the Wilmington community and you give your employees a chance to be involved, too. I appreciate that, a lot.

Under Paid

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Wilmington, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Wilmington, NC (US)

I worked at CastleBranch for more than a year

Pros

They give "perks" like onsite gym classes, ping pong tables, loose break rules, and no dress code.

Cons

You'll be under paid! Wilmington, NC is below the national average, and CastleBranch pays below that! Only take a temporary job here if nothing else is available and always keep looking for a better-paying job!

Raise pay! Everyone talks about the lousy pay. One girl had to quit her job there and live with her parents out-of-state to get by. Everyone has a second job, even management!

Laid back, good people, great facility, buts its background screening(how fun can it be?)

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits for the young professional, free fruit every morning, fruit plus bagels on Friday mornings, casual dress code, company gardens with fresh veggies for all employees, two company break rooms, ping pong tables, marketplace for purchase of food, gym/training facility with free personal trainers, 5 minutes from the beach, right across from the Mayfaire shopping center, discounts all around town for CastleBranch employees, Volunteer Hours, flexible schedules, etc. GET THE WORK DONE AND BE REWARDED! Try your best to take advantage of all the amentities. Overall great place to work if you don't mind talking about our system and background checks all day.

Cons

I think most people are bitter about CastleBranch because of the pay. I will not disagree that they pay is low for most starting employees. It is typically because CastleBranch gives the opportunity for people with no professional experience to come and work in a professional environment. Outside of sales, it is tough to increase your pay in a quick time frame unless given the opportunity to work overtime. Unattainable goals are often set for the worker bees while management sits in meetings and talks about God knows whats.

Seriously, do you have to have 5-10, thirty minute long meetings per day? This leaves no time to deal with the individuals who actually need your help; the workers. I think the department heads and managers need to work together better. It takes days to get answers and by that time clients are very frustrated. Your job is important and your employees look to you for guidance! Do not be unapproachable. This is a terrible tactic to managing employees who already are stressed to meet these virtually unattainable goals!

Worked for CastleBranch? Contribute to the Community!