Charles Schwab

Charles Schwab Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Charles Schwab President and Chief Executive Officer Walt Bettinger II

Walt Bettinger II

Pros
  • It does allow for a good work/life balance which was very important to me(in 72 reviews)

• good benefits especially Sabbath every five years(in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much room for growth in Indy unless you want to stay in a call center(in 43 reviews)

• There are very few woman and people of color in middle and senior management(in 24 reviews)

Would work there again

Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsClient and employee driven. Great place to work.

ConsThey could pay more to the superstars.

Ideal place to work

ProsWork with very talented people, fantastic Management, good environment.

ConsRelocation possibility. Low promotion rate.

Excellent company to work for putting the client first with ethics at the forefront

Financial Advisor (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsThe ethical work environment is client focused. Good benefits and great people to work with.

ConsSalary is not competitive in the industry. Upper management has tendency of putting projects in full swing without the insight of the front line employee which results in large unnecessary issues and a work environment that is not employee focused.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more insight from the front lines as a part of the sales meetings so the client experience is seamless with very little hiccups on very important issues.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good company to work for

ProsGood benefits, nice people, good corp culture

Conspossible long hours, limited upward growth unless you leave and come back.

Schwab is a good place to work

Project Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsThe people at Schwab are the most rewarding to work with. We are all very carefully hand selected after many interviews prior to being hired. The company has strong beliefs of growing their people and very open to movement and employees trying new departments or possible career changes. Pay is very decent, and benefits are good. I have been in this industry for a long time. This company is outstanding to their clients. Clients are number one. I completely believe in their products and services.

ConsOver the last couple of years, communication from senior management has been limited. Although they are taking action this year to make changes it is very difficult for San Francisco employees to maintain motivation since many positions are being relocated out of California.

Great environment, wonderful people

Operations Associate (Current Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

ProsPeople, culture, work/life balance, employee benefits

ConsPay is not sky high, advancement to a different department usually requires out of state move because of the splitting of departments into different areas

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people, and keep doing what you are doing! It's great!

Former Sr. Manager

Senior Manager SPC (Former Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsThe people, co-workers are very talented, and life balance.

ConsCommunication to the feild, the bonus structure, and moving goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communicating the vision, mission, and strategy to the field, and be fair with the bonus payout.

Satisfied

Senior Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

ProsVarious opportunities throughout the organization as long you are willing to further your professional development and relocate. CS seems to be committed to work/life balance.

ConsCurrently I am in operations and the atmosphere is collegial, meaning the employees are primarily young adults with very little investment or professional experience. Therefore the atmosphere lacks intellectual stimulation and will seem "boring" to a person who has dealt with executives and/or business owners.

This is a very good place to work

SQA Analyst (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsWork culture is good, best commutable location, no global timezone supports needed

ConsLittle outdated wrt technology. Restricted internet access and remote access for contractors are not offered at ease

Technical Support

Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsSchwab treats their employees very well, providing many different opportunities to move with in the company. People are very nice and easy to mingle in between the different departments.

ConsBecause so many employees love working for Schwab it does take a little time for movement with in the company. Due to advancement being slow paced it is easy to become comfortable and complacent.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide opportunities for advancement for employees.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!