Cintas

Cintas Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Cintas CEO Scott D. Farmer

Scott D. Farmer

Pros
  • As everyone else says 4 day work week is great loved the 3 day weekends (in 40 reviews)

• decent pay with opportunity for advancement (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations, weekend paperwork required, not a lot of work-life balance (in 30 reviews)

• High Expectations, Long hours, No technology for Sales Reps, Internal struggles (in 42 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing management, team, and pay!

First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN (US)

ProsManagers CARE about your success because it reflects their success.

ConsWhen routes get too big, they cut the routes down to create a new route. This directly affects your pay because if your route is the one that is too big you lose more customers than other routes and sort of "start over" with a smaller territory, making less commission. You then start building it again over the years until they cut it down again. Cycle continues.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire management from within- hire managers who have been a service sales rep in first aid & safety division for at least a year. Dont hire outside people; it takes too long for them to figure out how we do our jobs. Some never get it.

Best company I've ever worked for!

First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) Lenexa, KS (US)

ProsCintas is an amazing company. I LOVE the Corporate Culture that runs through the veins of Cintas! There is so much opportunity to advance. So many bonus money opportunities! I've never made so much money in my whole life!

ConsOverall, there really are no cons. There are an awful lot of little details in the pay plan that make it not so easy to understand fully. But management there is very patient and will explain every detail until you understand.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ever forget about Competitive Urgency! Attention to detail!

Well compensated B2B sales job but must have hunter mentality.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsPays well if you are hitting your bonus.

ConsLots of red tape. Cintas trys to make things black and white and ignore the grey areas. Like any job choose your boss wisely.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales at Cintas

ProsGreat reputation of the company, biggest and best in the industry, stable company with stock constantly going up, good work ethic and great sales experience

ConsConstant turnover in service, plant and sales department, nobody gets fired they decide to leave, hard to get passionate about some of the commodities Cintas sell.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a tuition reimbursement program, it will attract and keep good talent in the company

Facility Service Sales Rep

ProsCintas provides one of the best sales training programs for reps looking to break into B2B sales. Not only that, it's the leader in its industry, constantly growing and adding new products and services and most importantly taking initiatives to diversify it's workforce. Also- Cintas is great at recognizing hardwork and achievement!

ConsSometimes territories and positions are not divided evenly among sales reps giving others an unfair advantage.

Productive and supportive work environment with many avenues for advancement

Supervisor (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

ProsGreat culture
    Hard workers
    Emphasis on partner safety

ConsLong hours
    Inadequate compensation
    Sub par vacation time

sales rep

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay, sky is the limit

Consthats all on you everyone

Interesting

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Pembroke Pines, FL (US)

ProsCulture and people wee great and the training is also great

ConsCrazy hours no work life balance

Service Rep

Service Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsPay/bonus structure, lower level management and want you to become a better rep

ConsUpper management is unimpressive with decision making.

Great Customers, Terrible Office and Management Staff

First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsCustomers are great and appreciate the service and products. There's a lot of freedom as long as you're seeing all your customers and hitting your numbers. The pay is decent for the work and the skills needed.

ConsWork-life balance is non-existent. You're expected to "work as long as you need to get your work done." You are reliant on the warehouse and office staff, and in my case, both are ineffective at their jobs. Also, upper management doesn't realize that what may be an effective policy in Ohio may not work in other places (i.e., not every company wants tablets).

Advice to Senior ManagementMore flexibility with policies. Clean out the dead-wood staff and management and watch us SSR's shine.

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!