CipherCloud

Updated 29 January 2015
Updated 29 January 2015
3.2

Pravin Kothari

Great company in a great space

I have been working at CipherCloud

Pros

Supportive Management, Great colleagues, Friday Food

Cons

Company does not match 401K contributions.

Keep up the great work.

I recommend CipherCloud to my friends

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at CipherCloud (more than a year)

Pros

- Great product and leader in the cloud security market
    - Established leadership among CEO and key members of the executive team
    - Motivated team members, crushing the competition
    - Breakroom snacks and Friday forums
    - New logo shirts, fleeces for my wardrobe every month

Cons

- Everyone under one roof – two separate offices hard to build a company identity
    - Company is growing so fast, no processes in place - more chaotic then it needs to be
    - No 401k match, limited holidays

Thank for you for the Internship!

Current Employee - Intern in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Intern in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at CipherCloud part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I really like my team, and the projects I got. My manager a great guy was patient and let me work through the projects at my own pace as well as gave me tips to improve upon and how to manage his boss. Each time I moved on, I was given a set of projects to choose from. The project terms were short, from couple hours to couple weeks, which I appreciated. I enjoyed the team environment!

Cons

I had some issues with paychecks and lack of flexibility on hours and investment in software tools when I first joined. But, they overcame this. Alot of wasted food. I would regularly take left overs home for snacks and to feed to my dog

My internship experience was really good. I think CipherCloud should invest more here with an official program.

On the cusp of something very special...!

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very relevant market, experiencing super high visibility and the BEST technology to address and solve customer's challenges.
    More customers than all other vendors in space combined
    Market leading solutions supporting multi-cloud offerings
    DEFACTO go to vendor to address sensitive data in the cloud

Cons

Not really a con, but growing so fast that tough to keep pace with our new stuff!

Truly enjoy working for CipherCloud

Current Employee - Account Director in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Account Director in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at CipherCloud

Pros

Sense of community and team work. Very horizontal structure where you can openly share ideas and thoughts to help company grow. Great CEO, great values, and tremendous growth. Investing in right places.

Cons

HQ in San Jose makes it harder to hire young talent in SF

A good place to work in the Security market

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1. Culture – is good. I have worked at several companies over the past few years and CipherCloud’s is the best..
    2. Team – strong team, good product portfolio, and market leader. We have some super smart developers here.
    3. Technology – superlative. we are doing some things that our competitors can only dream of doing.
    4. Education – I have learned a ton since I joined.

Cons

Company is growing fast which is impacting the the culture. Need to focus on hiring the right people.
    Benefits are just ok.

Keep doing what your are doing with more focus on developing processes and culture.

RUN RUN RUN as FAAAAAAAAAASSST as you CAN and don't look in the rearview mirror

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have met some nice people at the office who will remain friends. Covered parking and the climate in California is sunny.

Cons

I have been working at CC for a year and lets just say that I have worked at both start-ups and large organizations. Out of my numerous years in IT I have never worked for a more awful organization from the top down. The Executive Leadership doesn’t’ exist. Really do your due diligence. You have a power struggle and a CEO who has never been a CEO with an ego to take the company public – not happening. Many employees feel as if they were sold a bag of untruths and it is total "bait and switch". They have people in the sales org. who haven’t made a nickel and have been on board for 1+years. They churn and burn employees and are pretty clueless.

The fact they have an Executive that has previously been accused of illegal behavior which can be found by doing your research and digging deep on Google Search is jaw dropping. You have to question, "Do you want to work for an organization that fails to vet Exective mgmt. with this type of background?" Or better yet, Executive Mgmt. who have too much of an ego to do a darn thing.

The Platform they are pitching doesn’t exist or shall one say "futures"---they have been pitching one product for over a year that still isn't generally available. "Vapor is a popular term in the office" They claim to have partnerships with the big SI’s yet they are too cheap and frugual to know how to appropriately execute in this area of the business. The culture is SLAVE like and while many employees are virtual. The demeanor in the office is dismal and I would hedge bets that 1/2 of their sales team will be gone. The sad situation is they have some good talent yet good talent won't stay when they aren't making money or see a path to success.

The culture or lack therof is absolutely bizarre….just take a look on their website. They charge a premium for something that doesn’t work and then wonder why they continually miss their numbers. During the interview process they will tell you they grew tremendously year over year however the expectation is to continue to go down the path and it isn’t feasible. They now have stiff competition from SalesForce who now apparently has their own product to compete. The Exeuctive Team is in denial.

It is VERY VERY apparent that the last few reviews were probably posted by key stakeholders in the company to try and raise the bar on GlassDoor---you owe it to yourself as an human being to know the truth....reach out to past employees who have and ask them yourself. In the month of January they have had many people resign but it is never announced. Word is HR is up in arms over the discontent of employees and the Glassdoor Reviews. Grow up and face the music CipherCloud---time to put your big boy pants on and spend the money that investors gave you to grow the company not stash away for a rainy day. CHEAPEST company I have ever worked for.

Oh they seem to think they have marketing.....a weekly email from their Chief Marketing Officer with bullets of all the articles CipherCloud is featured in isn't marketing......but then again they seem to think they are brilliant.

I know ZERO people who are happy, the qualify of work/life balance doesn’t exist and the constant fire drills and panic mode is a joke. One person on this website mentions that the sales organization would be better off selling knives door to door. Some of these people are really nice and hard working...I would suffice to say they would have better luck selling a loaf of WHEAT bread to someone with Celiac disease or who is highly allergic to gluten.

Remove the people you know need to be removed and spend the VC money you were give to grow the company.

BEWARE Google company executives. You decide if person should be leader of a company, with slogan Trust in cloud

I worked at CipherCloud full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good employees to work with but I heard it is bad culture in San Jose headquarters office

Cons

Executives know background of the person and wont do anything about it. Employees don't understand and have lost respect for company leaders.

Save the company. Make hard decisions. Happy to no longer be part of it.

Security software sweatshop

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free food and parking. Coworkers mostly are nice.

Cons

Accepting offer from CipherCloud means you're property of company. You should expect 18 hour days, work on weekends and holidays fixing code written by freshers offshore, and a sweatshop workplace where you can be fired for suggesting the product is broken. The solution to every problem is to hire more middle managers and executives. Many employees resign shortly after they're hire. Many avoid the office and work at home. Pay is low and little equity is given to employees. Talented engineers should stay away.

Let the employees who build the "rocket" ship for you to board it.