Clear Channel

Clear Channel Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman

Bob Pittman

Pros
  • I enjoyed the work environment and many staff members were very close(in 13 reviews)

• lots of good people at my job place(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Outside of upper management and AM personalities, the pay is very disappointing(in 21 reviews)

• No room for growth and they don't like to pay very well unless you're in upper management(in 7 reviews)

Unorganized, angry, depressing work environment

Account Executive (Former Employee)

Prostickets to local concerts and sporting events

Consterrible communication between departments
    Zero relevant training
    Clueless management

Advice to Senior Managementwho fires a manager for HR reasons, and then hires him back a year later?

As an intern, it's been a fulfilling experience.

Intern (Current Employee)

ProsEveryone within the company is friendly and interested in teaching me something. I would definitely recommend taking this internship if presented with the opportunity.

ConsOther than the technology at the office I haven't encountered any serious cons. Since I do work online it'd be nice to have a faster computer, but it's not that big of a deal.

Steady paycheck

ProsSteady paycheck, good people. They really try to keep us happy but the pay will stay the same unless you're upper management

ConsNowhere to grow, repetitive job. The pay is as good as the day you got hired, don't count on them giving you a raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementSales people seem to be treated better than others.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Extremely smart, positive employees

Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsThe fun, vibrant culture that is based upon the culture of others. Really supportive work environment, and creative peoples

ConsNavigating the corporate culture can be tricky at points, due to org's size

Advice to Senior ManagementOffering professional development opportunities more frequently would be a smart investment~

I loved working for Clear Channel

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

ProsThey are very forward thinking in their approach to business. I LOVED my senior managers and really enjoyed working with my staff.

ConsThey make frequent employee cuts and put that work on to those that are left. I felt like nobody's position was secure regardless of how well they did their job.

Rewarding

Marketing/Promotions Intern (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI (US)

ProsOne-on-one training, flexibility, variety of tasks

ConsWas not compensated as an intern

Production Intern

Production Intern (Current Employee) Burbank, CA (US)

ProsYou get to do a lot of cool things and meet a lot of celebrities

ConsSometimes the work can be a little boring as it's the same tasks every day

Advice to Senior ManagementHave better options for hiring on after internship! Part time with no guaranteed hours and at min. wage is crazy.

Work hard and be rewarded. Lots of opportunity to grow.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsJob flexibility and great commission. Cool people.

ConsYou have to pound the pavement or you won't get paid. Pretty simple.

The most fun you'll have at a corporate job

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL (US)

Prosgreat perks - concerts tickets, sporting events, etc. , Radio People are always a blast!

ConsBenefits are horrible, No room to "grow" within the company. People will come and go as they seem to hire anyone with a pulse to "sell" radio.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your younger employees for growth opportunities.

Company is changing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe rank and file are very pleasant to work with. Salary is decent for the area and good bonuses when the company is doing well

ConsLack of communication. Minimal feedback and people come and go without any notification. With the new leadership, the company is losing more experienced staff either because they are leaving or let go.

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!