Coca-Cola Company

3.1
1,320 Reviews

Coca-Cola Company Chairman & CEO Muhtar Kent
Muhtar Kent

Pros
  • There is a good work/life balance allowing for employees to spend time with family (in 38 reviews)

• Good benefits, big opportunity to relocate, tuition assistance is very easy (in 69 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on the role, you could potentially have a non-favorable work life balance (in 69 reviews)

• Overtime summer time - during the summer expect to work long hours lots of overtime (in 84 reviews)

More Highlights

not too bad, but long hours

Former Employee - Area Manager  in  Sydney
    Former Employee - Area Manager in Sydney

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

great salary, and great training

Cons

long long hours stressful job

It was an awesome job. I was the Distribution Supervisor over 15 male drivers and 19 Coca Cola trucks. Family emergency

Former Employee - Transportation Manager, Supervisor, Coordinator/Distribution Manager  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Transportation Manager, Supervisor, Coordinator/Distribution Manager in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The teamwork between the drivers and the warehouse pickers and packers of their orders. This teamwork flowed down to the supervisor of the departments. The older drivers and warehouse workers help the young guys with the importance of always operating in the company's values. I was a little disappointed in the promotions structure, because I had a few guys that showed great leadership abilities with the new drives, take initiatives, and one day wanted to stop driving. I stayed on top of all the training, safety. CDL renewals, eye exams, physicals updates, etcs, even if sometimes it meant that I would have to meet them out on their route and have them to go the nearest clinic or whatever is needed to complete the task.

Cons

The only thing that I really didn't like was that I would come in at 4:30 am to brief my drivers about and last minutes changes that might have occurred in their routes or deliveries after they left, handhelds are working, give safety briefing, conduct maintenance checks on vehicles, inspect the drivers inspecting their loads with order sheets, etcs. But I could never leave in the afternoon until most of the time 8, 9, or 10:00 at night and then drive an hour to my house. It was because there wasn't a late/second shift person that would come in at 3 and stay until the last truck is in and all trucks for the next day orders are completed and loaded onto their trucks. And most of the time this will last about 3 hours.

Being in management for over 15 years I know from the complaints from the workers about the issues with their benefits. The biggest and the first problem concerning the benefits is that they do not understand what they are getting, how it works for them, and what are the pros and cons of it all. And the same goes for their compensation. They don't like being blind sided later on. I suggest that having a seat down meeting on a large scale first from the head, then one with the managers/leaders in the different section have a seat down meeting , and then have a meeting with the team leaders and workers, but making sure that they leave with the understanding that if they do not understand that they can freely come and asking for the correct answer.

hard work but the pay is nice

Current Employee - Merchandiser  in  Sebring, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Sebring, FL (US)

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

health insurance, short and long term disability incase you are injured on the job. good pay, vacation days, 2 days off a work week.

Cons

the most challenging thing about working for coca cola is working behind someones sloppy work. it is a very physical job and you earn every cent of your paycheck

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Programmer

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst II  in  Saint Croix Falls, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst II in Saint Croix Falls, WI (US)

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, work life balance

Cons

bad management, rude coworkers and hard work

Excellent

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Sky is the limit. great.

Cons

None. Opportunity is in the eye of the beholder

Continue to focus on the people

The value of enjoyment

Former Employee - Quality Assurant  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Former Employee - Quality Assurant in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company (KO) encourages independent thinking. Free drink to sample. Deli food in vending machine is one of the best. The marginal benefit of weekend hours or overtime could be wonderful for some. PPE expense like steel toe shoe are reimbursable for $50. Very good group benefits, especially dental if you have small children.

Cons

Underemployed in some areas, pay is not as high as other beverage company, summer weekend are hectic. Not your average Joe kind of employer if you want advancement. You have to have courage, brain, and a strong ethics to be with Coke.

You got to remember the company spent a lot of money on you and thus depended on you to make (a lot of) money. It is a matching concept.

Enjoy a Coke and See the World

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work with brands people really do live and in world's most diverse Company. Decent compensation and benefits. Workforce that really cares about the Company.

Cons

Can be very bureaucratic and conservative at times. Hours can be long and commitment to excellence and perfection sometimes goes too far

Excellent place to work, great pay for the area.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL (US)

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay and bonuses. Good team spirit. Excellent training and retraining when needed. Office workers are respectful of others (no back stabbing). Bonuses are within everyone's reach. Excellent benefits for returning to college as a degree seeking student.

Cons

Time off policies can be challenging to navigate. They now allow two to three unexcused sick absences per rolling twelve months. Previous to this, you had to notify the company three days prior to any absence.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits
    Plenty of opportunities for advancement
    Tuition reimbursement
    Plenty of additional resources, discounts, etc.

Cons

Pay could be a bit more competetive
    Typicaly call center politics, especially with advancement opportunities

Bring back a little more of the individual focus to employees

Great company

I worked at Coca-Cola Company

Pros

Total rewards package, great people

Cons

On-going organizational redesign across the company

Coca-Cola Company Photos

Worked for Coca-Cola Company? Contribute to the Community!