Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc.

Updated 18 September 2014
3.1

Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. Managing Director Leendert den Hollander
Leendert den Hollander

Pros
  • Good pay, great colleagues and a very inspiring brand (in 6 reviews)

• Great benefits and compensation (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard work, long hours and too much work in a normal day (in 11 reviews)

• Senior management is poor not inspiring and not empowering of talent and challenge (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great brand

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brussels (Belgium)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

I have been working at Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of freedom in working hours, working from home; Great brands; Proud employees; Mostly capable people; Opportunity to make side moves to different departments; Opportunities and tools for self-development; Access to excellent classroom trainings and training materials.

Cons

Quite lengthy processes and procedures to get hired for a new position; declining engagement in certain areas of the business due to ongoing sanitation and headcount reductions in recent years;

Merchandiser

Former Employee - Merchandiser  in  Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I worked at Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Start anytime before 6 am, work until done. You are able to express some creativtiy as you handle a lot of product and get it to sell.

Minimal supervision, just do what you are supposed to.

Cons

Low pay, hard work, hours can become long when a lot is going on. A lot of science goes into what is being sold, and the se big companies like to experiment with new products that create an overload of work and don't sell.

Lead by example and understand what happens at the levels in which you manage in the company.

Coca cola is a decent company to work for

Former Employee - Equipment Service Specialist  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Equipment Service Specialist in Tampa, FL (US)

I worked at Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

the best reasons to work here are that it is good

Cons

the worst reason to work here is that there is basically no upward movement in a call center

stop being insane when it comes to attendance

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company

I have been working at Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc.

Pros

Benefits and time off are great

Cons

Not fair at times and that can play a big part

Keep doing a good job

Fast Paced!

Former Employee - DSM  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Former Employee - DSM in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people working at CCE and got to know a lot of great people in the community...Zoo, Children's Museum and local HS administrators to name just a few.

Cons

CCE: we nicknamed it Constantly Changing Environment. A lot of UN-neccesary changes. Make a plan and stick to it.

Trust your employees.

Looks great on a resume.

I worked at Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc.

Pros

Great employees. Good benefits.

Cons

Work life balance is horrible. They want you to put work first - everything else doesn't matter.

Hire more people. Value your current, hardworking and very loyal employees.

Great Brand, Selfish Managers

Former Employee - Sales Operations  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Operations in London, England (UK)

I worked at Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The brand and recognition that you get for working for an iconic brand is amazing.
    So much success is down to such a few teams, national co-ordination of events and teams is fantastic.

Cons

Poor middle management leadership, there are only a finite number of projects, events and activities going on.
    With it falling to middle managers to decide who deserves what it meant if you were 'in favour' with your manager you weren't invited to take part in anything.
    The company culture fit 'everyone has a job', you can't do someone else's job because they do that job, you can't make your own job redundant using software or a new process because who will do that job when you are gone...

Expect to spend a lot of time telling management what you have done and less time actually doing it, if your good at talking about yourself for a long period of time this is the place for you.

Ensure the job someone comes into do is the job they were interviewed for.
    Judge everyone by the same yard stick, reward people for actual work, not looking like they are working...

Accounts auditor

Former Employee - Accounts Auditor  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Accounts Auditor in Tampa, FL (US)

I worked at Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

For promotion, it was fair, if you keep polishing yourself up, you will have chances to apply for better positions and pay(but still a lot lower than other companies would pay). Of course, you'll have to pass oral tests and interviews by at least 3 people. The training is provided all the time, and Coke supported your advanced education. (don't know about now)

Cons

I felt my every minute at Coke was monitored by the management. The atmosphere was like at elementary school or semi-military. Everything appeared very generous and free, yet it was under strict control. We had to work very hard but still didn't get any raise. We were not allowed (informal rule for everybody) to wear blue/red/white at some normal occasions because it is Pepsi's colors. The manager warned us not to discuss our pay and raise anytime, even privately. Even short Chatting will be warned, and there were penalty after the 3rd tardiness in a month...a lot of overtime and endless deadlines...

The management style was so old-school and silly. I am a self-starter, but it just turned me off by listening to their rules and announcements. Also, benefits and higher pay are more encouraging than company potluck and birthday party.

Merchandiser

Former Employee - Merchandiser  in  Sarasota, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Sarasota, FL (US)

I worked at Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Freedom from working in a cubicle

Cons

Paid daily versus hourly and lack of continuity means cleaning up after people consistently

Structure backroom organization

CCE is a good company whith high goals. You may learn new systems and get a great professional experience.

Current Employee - Credit/Collection Analyst  in  Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Current Employee - Credit/Collection Analyst in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I have been working at Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has high values, it pays attention to their employees. However sometimes there is a bit too much overtime. In general there is not a bad work-life balance. The people are young and I've learnt a lot.

Cons

The herarchy is well defined, it is difficult to grow on vertical way and much easier to develop in horizontal way.

The managers sometimes make the huge mistake to learn in progress without think for some of the consequences of their dessicions which may make valuable people to leave.

Worked for Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!