Comcast

Updated Jul 26, 2014

3.1 1,942 reviews

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts

Brian L. Roberts

Pros
  • Great co-workers and wonderful benefits (free cable and internet)(in 140 reviews)

• Benefits, Free cable/internet/phone (all the channels) - that's an immediate(in 318 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service(in 130 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created(in 39 reviews)

1,942 Employee Reviews

great company to work for

Nct5 (Former Employee) Galveston, TX (US)

Prosa++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++great benefits great pay good environment great progress plan

Consa++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++no comments no complaints actually great place to work

Great place to work

CAE - IP Support Specialist (Former Employee) Centennial, CO (US)

ProsGreat benefits, decent pay, great working environment

ConsShifts are horrible at first. FMLA/Short Term Leave insurance company isn't very good

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter advancement opportunities

Business Services Field Sales Manager

Field Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsOne of the last true sales environments. There is little tolerance for the kind of games often played in most enterprise sales roles: performance is measured off of organic growth so sales expectations are placed on net-new business/new logo and there isn't kudos for anything less. You run your deals from start to finish: no riding coat-tails and no losing credit to a lucky rep behind you. Seasoned sales pros learn a thing or two here. Those who claim they come from a "challenging, fast-paced environment" often eat their words.

ConsAlthough the company is headquartered out of Philadelphia, there is divisional and regional (local) senior leadership. This in itself can also be a pro, except the local leadership isn't always able to make company expectations commensurate with the local market (competition and commoditization vary significantly across US between metro areas). This can make for 60hr+ work weeks to get ahead as well as lead to disruptive localized political games continuing for extended periods without visibility by more senior leadership officed outside of market. For those that want to be compensated on existing business, it doesn't happen here.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Executive

Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsExcellent benefits, management and products. Promotion and incentives are very realistic with good work ethic. Highly recommend becoming a Comcaster

ConsLarge company so processes can become cumbersome and take time to streamline because there is so much red tape to go through.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Culture and incentives are top notch and management goes above and beyond to help reps become successful. End of the fiscal month is always hectic but that is understandable.

Human Resources

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat atmosphere. People were friendly. Wonderful benefits.

ConsSalary not equitable. Company brings in outside people and pays more to them than people in position that have to train that person.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to pay your employees fairly.

good company to work for but there were issues

Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)

Proschallenging and fast past okay salary and benefits

Constoo many layers of management which sometimes send mixed signals

Advice to Senior Managementgive the employees back their senority back this is not a employee friendly company its all about the bottom line to Comcast,.

Human Resources Intern for Comcast Interactive Media

Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsSmart and very talented individuals, fast paced working environment, very relaxed office culture, always things going on in the company

ConsNot the best oversight from direct management, coordination on projects was sometimes lacking, doesn't necessarily reward talent

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage more with your employees

Sales

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsGood company to work. For

ConsNo chances to get promoted with in

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsGreat people.
    Exciting industry and environment.
    Strong leadership.

ConsVery fast-paced environment...not for everyone.

Comcast Corporation has a great corporate culture.

Software Developer (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsThe corporate culture is relaxed but professional. Compensation, benefits, and time-off policies are all very generous. Comcast HQ in downtown Philadelphia is a fantastic, modern building with the greatest cafeteria I have ever seen!

ConsThere really are no significant cons to working for this company other than the fact that the company is HUGE (which may be a drawback for some personality types.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is well managed, I don't have any advice to offer.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!