Comcast Reviews

2,089 Reviews

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,064 Ratings

Pros
  • Great co-workers and wonderful benefits (free cable and internet) (in 140 reviews)

• Benefits, Free cable/internet/phone (all the channels) - that's an immediate (in 318 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service (in 130 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company that has brand recognition and a product that sells!

Former Employee - Business Account Executive I  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Business Account Executive I in Miami, FL (US)

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fortune 50 company, uncapped commissions when working Business to Business sales. The product has a clear advantage in internet speed and other features as unlimited long distance in US/Canada/Puerto Rico to go along with Cable TV offerings for businesses. Comcast is investing a lot of money and resources to expanding their network. You are given the tools and support to succeed.

Cons

Inclement weather can be demanding as well as the high level of activity needed to succeed. I witnessed a lack of ethics and integrity from colleagues in the sales field, as well as unethical behavior by the Inside Sales team located in Horshem, PA. Sometimes you felt, that all that the company cared about was adding more subscribers or customers at whatever the cost.

Provide mentors to new employees and or current ones....felt there was a leadership void. At one point there was some micro-managing taking place which is never a good thing.

Great Company to Work For

Former Employee - Advanced Technician II  in  Livermore, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Advanced Technician II in Livermore, CA (US)

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, opportunities for growth or career change.

Cons

Stats that must be met in call centers. Only allowed 10 minutes to try and resolve issues that a customer may have, sometimes with all 3 products. Agents have to be more focused on their metrics then the customer. Didn't use to be like that several years ago but now it is all about metrics and sales. Extremely stressful . California shut down all Comcast call centers.

This job is worth the stress and drama!

Current Employee - CAE II, Technical Support Specialist  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - CAE II, Technical Support Specialist in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Comcast has always been very generous and fair to their employees. There hasn't been one issue that has gone unresolved. There are many benefits to working here...outside of near-free employee accounts there is the job security. I like working in an environment where we are not only constantly busy, but it is an ever growing, exciting, educational and challenging job. I've been here several years and wouldn't leave if you paid me. Comcast gives every employee no less than two weeks of vacation time every year as well as over a week of flex time (sick days, etc.). The amount of vacation time increases over time. You will lose the time if not taken during the year because of the work-life balance. There is also 401k, stocks, discounts, etc. The pay, even starting out, is generous. Benefits are available quickly after hired.

Cons

Quotas, which are sometimes a challenge, are very obtainable. There are stats each employee must maintain. The most difficult part of the job has nothing to do with anything related to comcast...and that is dealing with customers. I work in a fast paced call center where some calls pertain to outages or to the customers own equipment or devices, and people are passionate about service. Some people are friendly, some are merely having a terrible day. My challenge is to turn the call around and make their days a little better...leave them with the feeling that we do truly care about our customers. There are many supervisors divided into teams. We keep the atmosphere fun and competitive, win perks such as electronics, tickets to sporting events, etc.

Keep up the good work! There is little I would change as far as management goes.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for in the telecommunication industry

Current Employee - Advance Product Support
    Current Employee - Advance Product Support

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay, and great overall benefits. Work-life balance is also great with great time-off packages

Cons

not easy to advance in management positions

Need to hire more younger employees and listen to employees ideas.

Lots of opportunity!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Comcast full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was excited to take this opportunity because for the first time I felt like a company actually cared about their employees. Given the size of Comcast, I did not think this level of commitment to employee development existed however, Comcast offers great career progression and offers tuition reimbursement so that if you want to move up, you have the resources to do so. Comcast conducts an employee survey every year and really takes the feedback to heart. In the time that I have been here, I have been asked to assist on two initiatives that were a result of employee feedback. To some, this may not seem like a lot, however given the size of the organization and how easy it would be for Comcast to say they are too big to address concerns, the fact that leadership truly values employee feedback and wants to make improvements and never stops improving, that to me says a lot about the dedication of the leadership team at every level. The other nice perk are the almost free services offered to employees. My household saves about $200 per month thanks to employee services and that is a nice pay increase.

Cons

The total compensation package is competitive however, the base pay/starting pay can be low. Salary can be made up through career progression however, the initial hourly wage can be a bit of a shock. Benefit offerings are good however, the waiting period for benefits to start seems a bit long to me. 401k match is offered, however it is 1.5% lower at Comcast than where I worked previously.

Continue to listen to the employees in the field. The field employees are invaluable and their insight and knowledge will only help Comcast to continue to improve and be the best provider of services on every level. Also consider evaluating base compensation, it seems to be low in the market, although the overall compensation is fair, base compensation is still critical to employees. Comcast is a great place to work and leadership clearly values employee feedback - I would like to see leadership do more around telling the employee stories of success and how employees make an impact every day to both internal and external customers.

Loyalty at Comcast is a one way street

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Perks of free and discounted services, merit increases and annual performance reviews, bonus for performing

Cons

Lost job because the region I worked in performed so well that members of the team we're let go to hire in other parts of the company. Company has gotten away from staying focused on the needs of the local market with decisions made by Philly.

Don't be so sneaky to your long term loyal employees. It will blow up on you at some point!

Work Family

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked for Comcast for 5 years and it was the best job that I have ever worked. It was like working with one big family.

Cons

Company has exploded in size so keeping small feel will be difficult.

Good Company but very competitive market

Former Employee - Business Account Executive  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great on-boarding for new hires
    Multicultural work place and merit based advancement opportunities
    Great chance to help small business owners and develop a network
    Base salary is decent but if you hit your quota you will make $75K easy...
    No cap on commission but it requires a lot of time and effort
    VERY flexible work hours as long as you are CONSISTENTLY closing sales

Cons

Most of the negatives are associated with "plant" which employees cannot control. The company must make it a priority to put more money into the older infrastructure to keep existing customers happy vs continuing to build out new areas just to obtain new accounts. Also, if you do not like following up with clients and using a CRM program that coincides with that, don't take this job because you will be held accountable daily. Finally, while Comcast has arguably the fastest internet, many other competitors in the market are closing the gap and since there are issues with reliability in certain areas, you will have to be the type of salesman who sales themselves well.

Plea with upper management to make necessary improvements to the existing infrastructure. Oh and fire ALL micro-managers...especially the ones who don't think they are!

Well run company. Fun ride!

Current Employee - Director  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Executive management team is the best around. Solid focus on financials that drive the business and the stock.

Cons

Lots of political in-fighting between divisions. Company appears to be ambivalent toward developing mid-level management.

Work harder to empower mid-level managers to propose solutions and develop career paths. Huge company with so many opportunities, but many feel they lack opportunities.

Challenging

Former Employee - Senior Communications Professional  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Communications Professional in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits are great! Aside from receiving free cable, internet and phone services; the health benefits are fantastic and the opportunity for advancement is good, pending you've set yourself up for additional training and career pathing.

Cons

Call center work is tedious; however, you really learn alot about the company through the eyes of its customers.

Engage customer service agents more and empower them to own their jobs.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!