Commonwealth Technology

Updated Jan 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Paul C. McCann

laid-back place to work with lots of very smart people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Commonwealth Technology full-time

ProsLots of good folks to work with (and for). Small company with wonderful benefits!

ConsLike most business today the economy has hit them hard and they recently laid-off about 20 employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company HAD a wonderful attitude towards the employees, retaining them even after projects had ended, utilizing them anyway they could until another opportunity came available. This culture has changed in the past several months hens the lay-offs. It also appears that the company's matriarch has more power than the CEO. The change of culture may become the death of them. When you stop caring for people it will come right back at you!

A cold place to work

Senior ME (Current Employee)

I have been working at Commonwealth Technology full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat engineering project work.
Fantastic customers

ConsFlat organization with no opportunities for advancement.
Everyone is in CYA mode
No camaraderie among employees

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of your office and find out what the guys in the trenches are doing.

A small company atmosphere with great benefits

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Commonwealth Technology full-time for more than 8 years

ProsCTI offers one of the best benefit package in the DC area - this is evidenced by a high degree of retention. The company prides itself on its small company feel and its ability to turn around innovative engineering projects quickly. Great place for to stir your creative engineering juices and to take part in craddle to grave engineering.

ConsThe recent growth of the company may alter the current culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage growth so as not to negatively influence current company gulture.

If you like working for good old boys, CTI is your man.

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Commonwealth Technology

ProsHands on engineering. Quality engineers. If you want advance your engineering skills, it is a good place to work. Pay was C+ which they tried to offset by benefits.

ConsThe management was abysmal. This was the worst company I ever worked for, and it had the absolute worse management team. They misled me on benefits and did not honor tuition reimbursements. I joined with the understanding they would pay for my masters and when I gave them the first invoice they went through it line by line and paid for half. I had turned down a job that would have paid me 40k more. When I left employees came out of the woodwork to congratulate me and complain about the management. I don't badmouth people, but I'm making an exception for this company. I will add this was a two-four years ago so maybe things have changed.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to being engineers.

Worked for Commonwealth Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Commonwealth Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Commonwealth Technology CEO Paul C. McCann. All reviews posted anonymously by Commonwealth Technology employees.