Compass Health

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tom Sebastian

Compass Health Inc. Slo County

RN Manager (Current Employee) San Luis Obispo, CA (US)

ProsMost of the coworkers are nice and so are the residents

ConsThe upper management in the corporate office are sleeping with the employees. Someone else was right about the anonymous line not being anonymous, what a joke! They deserved to get sued. They promote people with poor work ethic, bad attitudes and no real experience, pay raises are few and far between. They turn a blind eye to illegal activity and harassment from administration

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some customer service training yourselves

Worked there for 7 months. Patients are wonderful

RN Charge (Former Employee) Opelousas, LA (US)

ProsThe pay is good.Good Benefits.

ConsLots of people not trained properly to work with psych patients.Lots of bullying especially in administration. Lots of immaturity, unprofessionalism.Key people seem to allow bullying and participate themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up ,start showing professionalism and if the only way you can function is thru bullying maybe you should get out of your profession. Would not recommend this job to anybody..I worked in Opelousas may the other facilities are better. After I quit it took almost a year to replace me.

Compass Health Cares for its Community

Secretarial (Current Employee) Everett, WA (US)

ProsThey offer great benefits, pleasant work culture, very positive most of the time. I haven't been there really long, but I like how everyone's work is so worthwhile. The people that stay there aren't there for the money and really want to help people. Communication is very open between upper management and staff.

ConsAs a non-profit company wages are lower, staff can get overworked and stressed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worked there for over a year

ProsHelping a community in great need.

ConsAdministration often talks poorly about patients and other staff and gets away with it. Key people seem to allow bullying and participate themselves. Upper management does nothing about the bullying. Some hsve no people skills and should not be managing people.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management, please sxhool yourselves on how to properly take care of your employees. Learn some about disabilities and bullying in the workplace.

Poor Pay, Poor Benefits

Clinician II (Current Employee) Everett, WA (US)

ProsCompass Health offers a good starting point for young therapists right out of graduate school. Opportunity to gain lots of experience working with a diverse population of primarily medicaid clientele.

ConsCompass Health offers very low wages for Master's level employees ($16 hour). Productivity expectations are high, and the clientele is very challenging. Benefits are poor, and the cost of adding dependents or a spouse to insurance plan is outrageous. Many employees that I work with cannot afford to add their family to the insurance plan, so their children are also on medicaid, just like the clients we serve. I just received my annual pay raise of 37 cents, and I'm not joking.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompass Health is a non-profit organization, I get that, however, there is no effort to focus on employee retention. The turnover at Compass Health is very high for a reason. Licensed, Master's level employees make less than the average receptionist with a high school diploma.

A lot of discontent in organization

ProsAgency has great guiding values

ConsA lot of turnover on teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in your employees and there may be less turnover

Bullies get rescued

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of locations and programs to work for. Ok benefits. Some employees are for real doing a good job.

ConsMgmt. provides workplace bullies a safe haven. Impossible schedule for a sustained time working all 3 shifts every single week for weeks on end (graves, swing & day). Excellent work not expected, personal friends are hired, so they are protected no matter how much work they refuse to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to listen to employees and invest in learning how to provide a harassment-free environment and don't expect new employees especially to deal with office harassment.

Co-workers were friendly, floor manager promoted a team approach to care.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly and caring work environment.

ConsDisparaging gaps between administration workers and health workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage a more united "culture" of care that incorporates and encourages administration and health workers to more freely communicate and interact for the end goal: professional caring and compassionate quality care.

unprofessional, poor morale, profit driven, great location, great patients

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOne of the few places to work in the San Luis Obispo County, lower level workers tend to be supportive of each other, patients are remarkable and inspiring individuals, company offers workers a chance for entering the local College's nursing program

ConsThe company lost over 30 employees who reported being mistreated as the reason why

understaffed patient ratios, lack of essential supplies for patient care, letting experienced staff members to hire new people at a lower rate, false anonymous hotline, callers to the anonymous hotline are called in for retaliation, callers names are publicly given to others, promotions are given to those who are involved with upper management, work schedules are changed at any time without notifying employees

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease support your workers, profit is not worth more than happy patients and happy employees

Great employees, upper management controls employees by fear

Server (Current Employee)

ProsGreat direct management, great tips good food. The hired staff is fantastic. Great Christmas parties and informative meetings. Will pay for half of the required footwear.

Consrequesting time off results in punishment of lack of shifts the next weeks. Schedule for the following week are most often not made until the day before. Most people are let go or made so uncomfortable that they quit. Have to clock out after 6 hours even if you still have work to do. (Dont want to pay overtime) If not, clearly threatened to be fired in an email sent by upper management.

Worked for Compass Health? Contribute to the Community!