Compass Lexecon

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andrew M. (Andy) Rosenfield

Long Hours

Executive Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsThe CL office I worked in did a lot of employee appreciation--weekly lunches provided for free, fully stocked snacks, the occasional company sponsored outing/HH.

ConsLong hours so you couldn't enjoy any perks--except the stocked snack room because there was no time to take a lunch break. General feeling like you were not valued. Upper administrative management barely worked, was never in the office or available to discuss staffing issues, concerns, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the people in charge are actually there and doing their job. It's difficult to stay motivated when you see superiors take advantage of flexible work schedule and trust.

This is an OK job

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsWork on high profile cases. Can be an easy 9-5 if you want it to be. I like my co-workers; good group of sports and fitness bros. Best thing is Dinner if you work past 7pm.

Cons1. Total compensation is about 10 to 15% below market. They give you a very low base combined with overtime pay. This is particularly awful since even fresh college grads are billed out at $500/hr, which is way above industry average. 2. There is absolutely no investment in employees. Literally no training at all--there are people here who have been doing monkey work like cite checking for decades! I wish i was exaggerating, but it's true. 3. Most of the people hired or promoted here are connected to senior management or a client. I'm not sure if everyone else is treated fairly. 4. The offices here are the worst I've ever seen. Even junior members of the professional staff have shared inner offices where you can pass an entire day without a glimpse of sunlight.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore money, more training, more transparency.

Admin work is easy, but there is no personality in the office

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsIf you have to work late you get dinner and a cab ride home.
    You got to wear jeans on Fridays.
    Great coffee and tea selections.
    There are showers to use if you bike/run to work or work-out at lunch.
    Good work/life balance.

ConsWhile everyone is very nice, there is no "personality" in the office - no one talks to each other, it's like a library.
    The Administrative Supervisor micro-managed every thing she assigned.
    The HR Director was extremely overwhelmed and desperately needed a designated assistant.
    Some of the Professionals, when they did talk to you, spoke to you like you're an idiot and have no idea how to do anything - yet they came and asked for help for some of the easiest computer tasks.
    During my time there, there was only one female SVP and she retired before I left

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great mentor = great times.

Research Associate (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsGreat for people who want to earn a PhD in Economics and continue on the route of being an economist. This is one of the more lucrative ways to practice one's knowledge of Economics. Also, less frequent, but works well for those who want to go to law school.

ConsNot creative. At the entry-level, pretty data monkey-esque.

Advice to Senior ManagementProject supervisors should be weary of taking on too many projects. The unavailability and dilution of some managers' attention to their hoarding of projects can be a detriment.

Interesting work, intelligent people

Analyst (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsWorking with intelligent people on interesting projects

ConsWork schedule can be unpredictable

Smart people, interesting work, long hours, good pay

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsCompensation is probably best in the industry; co-workers are incredibly intelligent; PTO is very generous

ConsWeak performers are rarely kicked to the curb; there's a somewhat perverse incentive structure where top performers are made to work more; performance-based bonuses would be a way of alleviating this, but they are pretty equal across all analysts

Good place to work with

Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

Prosgood work-life balance, very good colleagues

Consniche industry, not so clear career path

Advice to Senior Managementdiversity, maybe

Summer Analyst

Summer Analyst (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsThe organization cares a lot about its employees and tries to create a working environment where everyone feels comfortable.

ConsNot a wide variety of cases to work on

Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsAwesome snacks/compensation; if you work late you get a cab ride home

ConsSuper political, boss brought up politics at work making everyone uncomfortable

Great place to learn

Prosaccess to resources everyone is really smart and has strong work ethics

ConsNo formal review system at times can be a manic work schedule

Worked for Compass Lexecon? Contribute to the Community!