Convergys Reviews

2.9
1,335 Reviews

Convergys President & CEO Andrea Ayers
Andrea Ayers

Pros
  • Work from home so no hassle of dealing with traffic jams and getting suit ready for work (in 83 reviews)

• Great training job to work in a high busy work environment (in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • 6 dollars an hour lower than the prevailing call center wage in this area (in 65 reviews)

• There is no work life balance, since schedule is often very incosistant (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

It was okay. They are very harsh

I worked at Convergys

Pros

Decent pay and lots of overtime

Cons

I was pregnant and they weren't willing to work with me . Made me feel more guilty being pregnant then anything

None

Love it

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at Convergys full-time for less than a year

Pros

unlimited overtime
    employee friendly
    they really work with you

Cons

They should pick employees better ...

Don't just hire ANYBODY

Tier 1 Advisor

Current Employee - Tier I Technical Support  in  Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Tier I Technical Support in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I have been working at Convergys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Well paid, Paid Training,full time, PTO/Sick time

Cons

Hours cut after training, benefits have no copays, insurance premiums eat up pay check

No more rehires of crazy employees, drug test some people

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience at Convergys was pretty good. There is plenty of overtime and commission available. The pay is decent.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Chattanooga, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN (US)

I worked at Convergys full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best reasons are the pay and the incentives.

Cons

I would say dealing with irate customers was my biggest challenge.

Listen to employees concerns

Upper Management at its worst.

Former Employee - Sales and Service Representative II  in  Ogden, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Sales and Service Representative II in Ogden, UT (US)

I worked at Convergys full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great customers to talk to.
    No script.
    Very friendly co workers and Trainers.

Cons

Old Building.
    Mandatory Overtime.
    No flexible Schedule.
    Cant use PTO whenever you'd like.
    Health insurance too expensive ... anywhere from $85-260 PER CHECK for 1 single person
    Power hungry team leaders
    Abuse of point system... Although we were allowed to use up to 12 attendance points, I had a couple of Team leads that would purposely place a point for no reason, they would never get it fixed or ask you to talk to an OM in which they may or may not do so.
    Complicated phone system.

Purge all of your current team leaders that are power hungry and don't know what they're doing and hire new ones that are willing to help out their agents!

Good stepping stone to assist in gaining work experience

Former Employee - Associate Trainer
    Former Employee - Associate Trainer

I worked at Convergys full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are above average opportunities to learn new skills and be promoted.

Cons

Some locations offer horrible schedules with little consideration for work/life balance. Many promotions are not based on potential or ability. There is a lack of communication between sites and many sites are not connected to the overall corporate strategy. You have to beg for a decent salary and you can forget about suitable increases.

Team Manager

Current Employee - Team Manager  in  San Salvador (El Salvador)
    Current Employee - Team Manager in San Salvador (El Salvador)

I have been working at Convergys full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good Compensation, they also have good benefits. Nice clean work environment. Currently acquiring more position so 6 month out looks promise growth. International company rank second in service provider

Cons

Work can be time consuming and your personal life can sometime take a heavy hit. Sometimes upper management have a aggressive interaction with manager causing discontent and lack of engagement

Not a horrible place to work.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at Convergys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Job is simple. Management a bit more relaxed.

Cons

Noisy environment, rude coworkers, internal tools reduced because of contract (no email, notes, or communication of any kind). Continues to see outstanding performance, and not increasing salaries, even though it's expanding the contract.

Larger raises, performance based, than people get now. Raise the salary cap as well. Get SOME form of internal communication system going rather than having to let announcements go by word of mouth only.

Great, If you can handle the stress and constant scrutiny of your entire performance!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Convergys full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, discount programs, 401 savings, good amount of overtime. Not extravagant but a decent yearly salary depending on what your life situation is, for some it may not be enough. As an At Home Agent, it's roughly near 30k a year. Lots of help and leadership in training and on the job. There are perks like being able to get bonuses during the month to raise your weekly pay, or a scale to measure your attendance levels and you can get the opportunity to raise your wage higher for that month by a small percent, the wage stays permanent afterwards as long as you keep your attendance points at the level. Pretty cool feature.

Cons

You have 2 weeks of training, and they expect you to be almost a "wiz" at the damn thing.. The Amazon Interface is easy to navigate, very tricky and complicated to remember how to use.. it will take you MORE than 2 weeks of getting used to. They hire and train people in bulk, and then likely pick the best 2 or 3 out of over a dozen people and keep them ( my class had 17!!). Don't be surprised if you get that call on the last transition date where they evaluate you and say you didn't pass. Some of them are COMPLETE LIARS AS WELL!!! ( Oh you can do this.. yes you can, It's okay, I was terrible when i first started ..blah blah blah). In training they are very soft and fake nice on you.. until the evaluation comes up and you get shocked that maybe you should've just been "like a sponge" the whole time.

Bottom line : the training is not as easy to get through as people think.. most slides and reviews you only get to see once or twice, and you're expected to get it, and they rush through the material in those 2 weeks too quickly. Best Advice to anyone looking for this call center type of work Keep trying more than one company on and offline until you get used to it and gain experience from working with a few of 'em, Convergys specifically is a company that has grown a little bigger than the rest..and like many companies that get big, they get uptight and wanna stay big.. and scrutinize every potential employee they hire. American Express does the same thing with their At Home Representatives.

They do have part-time schedules ( between 21-30 hours )..but they never seem to hire for it. So be ready to work long hours..about 40-50 hours a week, especially during busy seasons and holidays. If you can't get a morning shift whereever you are, I wouldn't advise you to do it.

Do not RUSH people through the training.. Be MORE LENIENT with you new recruits,

NO ONE CAN GET THAT AMOUNT OF MATERIAL AND NAVIGATION OF YOUR SYSTEM EASILY WITHIN 2 WEEKS....NO ONE!

You guys are way too concerned with your contracts with companies like Amazon, then you are with the sustainability of your new hires. You have a good stock share, so I don't believe the company is going anywhere. Let your new recruits actually work for a while on live calls and evaluate them in a month or two, same way how other normal employers do within 3 months. That is fair.

Convergys Experience

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at Convergys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company has high standards and has a very good global operating model that does lead people the right way. The company is known for building from within. Has a good compensation plan and a retirement pay after 5-10 years.Has open door policy.

Cons

It is hard to climb up the ladder since its already quite a big company.

Have some sort of a survey before promoting anyone to a position.

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!