Convergys Reviews

2.8
1,409 Reviews

Convergys President & CEO Andrea Ayers
Andrea Ayers

Pros
  • Work from home so no hassle of dealing with traffic jams and getting suit ready for work (in 88 reviews)

• Fairly consistent work environment, good exposure to a unique industry (in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • 6 dollars an hour lower than the prevailing call center wage in this area (in 74 reviews)

• benefits are too expensive, there is no work-life balance, at Convergys, work is your life (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company, for those who are driven to succeed and open to change

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people, I love working with my team. My boss fully supports us and is engaged with our day to day issues. She advocates for the success of the team as whole, and individually, when needed.

Cons

The environment changes quickly, from practices to focuses, and you have to be able to adapt quickly. Expectations on deliverable measurements can be unrealistic sometimes, and reporting tools can be cumbersome and inaccurate.

Technical Support Engineer for NETAPP - EMEA - DACH - region

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy to get job, you need to speak and write the language
    the payment is good.

Cons

education and training, evironment, useless management, call centre metrics in a support environment

It was okay

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My supervisor was awesome. Most of the other management was awesome. Able to learn new skills, recognized for sales and performance on customer satisfaction surveys, environment was welcoming, everybody was helpful, opportunities to advance if you're a masochist

Cons

lower pay, benefits are expensive, time off accrued 2 hrs per paycheck, not a very good work/life balance, high turn over

stop sucking

Hard working, team oriented and fun place to work

Former Employee - Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Convergys offers an opportunity to start at an entry level position and move all the way up to the CEO! It is typically very team-oriented and sincere about providing the best service to its clients.

Cons

The pay could be more comparable to the expertise, but the ability to grow in various areas is valuable.

Train upper leadership on how to professionally handle downsizing with integrity and respect to long term employees.

Offers Work From Home

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Convergys part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Is a a good place to look to if you enjoy Customer Service and interacting with customers over the phone.
    It is a great place to begin work from home. No problems with being paid. You do have the option of direct deposit. You can save money on commute to work, lunches, and clothing.

Cons

None, my last position ended after six months with the company.

Team Leaders need to be more fair. Tend to be more negative than positive, more encouraging and motivating.

Highly innovative and sophisticated Global company for all your customer experience solutions

Former Employee - Vice President Human Resources in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Vice President Human Resources in London, England (UK)

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Truly Global company with a fantastic level of talent and ample growth opportunity, they tap into a market that is worth 300 Billion US$ per year and CVG market share is approximately 1% but one of the biggest consolidated players

Cons

There was a level of individuals driving their "own" agenda and talent assessment did not necessarily lead to promotion. Sometimes it was more important who you knew, than what your had demonstrated

Be more transparent in building your leadership teams and increase the level of objectivity to your decision process

GREAT COMPANY

Former Employee - Technical Support Agent in Bacolod City (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Technical Support Agent in Bacolod City (Philippines)

I worked at Convergys as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, helpful team leaders and SMEs, good trainers.

Cons

Your training won't elaborate all of the functions in your job. They do not care about the employees that much. Some TLs aren't supposed to be team leads because of their foul attitude.

Become considerate of the employees. They're humans, they get tired too. When they get sick, they cannot work, let them take a rest.

There was both good and bad.

Former Employee - Collections Specialist in Olathe, KS (US)
    Former Employee - Collections Specialist in Olathe, KS (US)

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My co-workers were awesome. The were an excellent resource. Most were friends and allies. Many are college graduates who, like me, were stuck in a call center due to a bad economy.

Cons

Close, dirty, cramped quarters. Desk sharing. Inadequate facilities and inadequate parking. Strict zero tolerance policies. If they see a cellphone or if you access the internet, you're as good as gone without warning. You feel like a prisoner and they treat everyone like criminals. The only jobs worth having are team lead or manager because at least they are treated as a sub-humans.

Lighten up. Never correct or discipline an employee in front of co-workers. Hire a better cleaning staff and quit skimping on resources like desks, chairs, cubicles, parking spaces, etc. Never fire an employee for a first offense violation.

An opportunity with strings attached

Current Employee - Team Leader in Jacksonville, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Jacksonville, NC (US)

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They will work with you as a salaried employee when time off is needed. The upper leadership gives you plenty of responsibility.

Cons

The training for leadership positions is non existent. The pay is not comparable to the amount of work and number of hours worked. It also does not reflect the skills used. The leadership seems to have no idea what we do and what their whimsical policy changes mean to us.

Before enacting new procedures ensure that you have weighed the positives and negatives of what that policy means.

Customer service representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tamarac, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tamarac, FL (US)

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, clean up to date work environment, can meet a lot new people, offers paid training, pto, and vacation time,

Cons

Small pay increases, lower pay overall, little room to grow, favoritism, i would leave entry level positions for high school grads and college students. Even management positions seem underpaid