Convergys

2.8
1,492 Reviews

Convergys President & CEO Andrea Ayers
Andrea Ayers

Pros
  • Work from home so no hassle of dealing with traffic jams and getting suit ready for work (in 89 reviews)

• Fairly consistent work environment, good exposure to a unique industry (in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • 6 dollars an hour lower than the prevailing call center wage in this area (in 75 reviews)

• Poor work life Balance, they expect work to be your life with not much time for anything else (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

This us one of the best work at home companies out there.

Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Representative in Forest Home, AL (US)

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Support from every angle. Management always available. Lots of incentives for agents. This job requires self discipline and responsibility, if you make excuses and don't perform, if you can't show up, this job is not for you.

Cons

System updates constantly, but it makes the system better each time.

Hiring process should include people with more customer service background. Sometimes hires people with Shady work experience, and who are negative in the environment.

honestly not a bad company, too focused on sales though.

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Pharr, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Pharr, TX (US)

I have been working at Convergys

Pros

i actually kind of like working here, i go in and immediately start taking calls. the atmosphere is great and so is the pay. they also offer great incentives and commissions. they honestly do give you all the tools to succeed in this job.

Cons

the only cons are the fact that they are so sales driven, it is tough to make a sale when a customer calls in already angry, and they want you to try to sell on every call. management is ok here, they are all about keeping morale up but sometimes it just gets so stressful. i would only recommend this job if you can handle dealing with angry customers and dont mind sitting down and taking calls all day.

Scary

I worked at Convergys

Pros

Great people, friendly environment, lots of benfits

Cons

The customers that call in are very, very, very rude

instead of throwing new hires into markets, evaluate new hires and their personality to determine which market would work best.

Good place to work

I have been working at Convergys

Pros

Employees are treated with respect. Benefits are pretty good. The dress code is very lenient so you never have to spend any money on clothes just for work

Cons

The pay is low especially considering that you are expected to meet a wide variety of call center metrics and it can be tedious

Pay a living wage

Great company with lots of growth

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you have the right skill set for them the sky is the limit to where you can go. I know many in the company that started at humble beginnings only to move to high level jobs. It's not going to happen for everyone but you never know if you are going to be that person.

Cons

The company does seem to take different directions at the highest levels. This can add to stress of the population particularly when it is not communicated out effectively.

Mostly good but not great in some ways

I worked at Convergys (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly environment, and if you enjoy interaction it is great

Cons

For the amount of pay (like most jobs) you are expected to perform at very high levels with minimal training only for a job that requires intense multItasking at times. Training is realistically on the job and if you are a fast learner you'll be fine. The hardest part is the extreme low tolerance for any attendance issues even if they are excused by dr. It is held against you and can cost your job. So if you are late even a few minutes you get a mark that stays on your record for up to a year. Too many and you are terminated.

I laugh when I call and get agent's on the phone to help me as a customer who clearly had only a quarter of the skill and experience but because of senseless poliCies such as the attendance policy you have a revolving door of employees meanwhile the quality agent's who could do the job best get lost in the revolving door shuffle

Great incentives for being good at your job. Prizes, lunch, snacks.

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Clarksville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Clarksville, TN (US)

I have been working at Convergys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly work environment, opportunity to climb the ladder. A lot of floor support and coachings so you can be the best. This is a great place to start a career. Cash Bonus for good stats. Pay raises based on attendance.

Cons

Sometimes you can get bad advise from management. If you don't have a friendly demeanor it can be easy to make customers mad. You have to speak on behalf of the company whether you agree with it or not.

Good place to start

Former Employee - Tier I Technical Support in Lake Mary, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Tier I Technical Support in Lake Mary, FL (US)

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good training, benefits, break areas

Cons

Boring siting at desk all day, issues with payments on time several times

Hire more qualified people and pay them better

Employee friendly firm

I worked at Convergys

Pros

Employee friendly, considerate team leaders, healthy competition and no politics

Cons

Low pay and learning opportunities must be increased

Keep fostering the teamspirit.

Good temporary job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orem, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orem, UT (US)

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay for a job that requires no certification or degree. My supervisors were helpful. They have a fair attendance policy.

Cons

As with any phone job, it gets draining after a while. I moved up in the company and got a coaching position. I was struggling with the way the coaching position was handled (being a new position) and it wasn't quite the right fit for me. I requested to go back on the phones and management told me that moving back to the phones would most likely affect future growth I might want to do in the future. This prevented me from having any desire to move up in the company.