Corsair Memory

Updated Apr 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andy Paul

The Small guy trying to play big.

I have been working at Corsair Memory full-time for more than a year

ProsRelaxed environment, great co-workers, at certain level/departments (sales only) work-life balance. Good looking offices, great social events like Christmas party, summer picnic.

ConsSalaries, upper management, information not being shared, no training at all, no people skills as a requirement to be a manager, no coaching, no career development, no manager/leader to admire/follow.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more thinking behind how your managers are trating/develop their people/teams.. Invest in your people and you will retain talent and knowledge giving you the competitive advantage that you are looking in your products.

Good intentions vs scary bad senior management

Professional (Current Employee)

I have been working at Corsair Memory full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSmart and passionate employees who work hard.

ConsHorrible senior management. CEO is cheap and strange, recently preferring to spend more time off on safari than at work. New COO is a nightmare. She is the worst micro-manager I have ever seen, whose lack of humility is only exceeded by her willingness to make "snap decisions" without understanding the facts. New board (following investment by Francisco Partners) has made things worse.

Do not look for empowerment at Corsair. Do not expect to be compensated fairly, or that annual reviews will have any relationship to reality. Nobody here knows how to manage people.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart looking beyond HP for senior management experience.

Outstanding potential, unique culture

I have been working at Corsair Memory full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe company still has a small company feel sometimes so you can usually see the direct results of your efforts very quickly.

Lots of potential for growth for those who can show results quickly. Lots of good people in management who want the company to succeed and dedicate tons of their personal time to that effort.

Passionate people are rewarded well - I frequently see people who put in extra efforts and come up with ideas get promoted or get extra attention and responsibilities.

Old-fashioned, tightly run when it comes to spending. Even in the worst environments (and in a memory business that happens frequently) the company has maintained profitability through belt-tightening.

The culture is great - a can-do attitude is present in all the best employees and managers. From the CEO to our lowest hourly employee, those who are willing to get work done will go far.

ConsAs some have mentioned, work-life balance is a struggle. Because the company is run so tightly, frequently you have to wear multiple hats. For some people this is not the type of environment they enjoy, as it requires a willingness to help out in things that may not be "your job".

Salary could be more competitive, especially at the lower levels.

Bonus and profit sharing plan is somewhat stingy and was changed a few years ago to be so.

Our hit-rate on managers and executives brought in from other companies hasn't been stellar. Some real stars have shown up, but it seems more have fizzled out and brought in their giant egos, cashed their giant salaries, and then eventually been given giant exit packages. Too many executives who thought they were amazing but didn't show any real results.

Advice to Senior ManagementRefine compensation to be more competitive - especially bonus plan. Tie bonus/profit sharing plan directly to objectives for that individual employee rather than the group profit sharing.

Refine hiring process for executives - some have been pretty unimpressive, to say the least.

Mixed Feelings...

I have been working at Corsair Memory

ProsCorsair has extremely talented employees
It is a well respected company within the industry
Corsair has high quality and premium products

ConsThey pile extra work on you for no extra pay or promotion.

Management positions are filled with candidates from another company. They do not promote within.

Too many layers of management

Poor morale

Turnover at the contollers level.

Cost Accounting Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Corsair Memory full-time for less than a year

ProsInteresting product and the conection with international operations.

ConsTurnover at the controllers level.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Don't work here

Senior Management (Former Employee)

I worked at Corsair Memory full-time for less than a year

ProsThere is nothing positive I can say about the company or their values. Worst place I have ever worked. Stay away from doing business with this company or working for them.

ConsVery cheap. CEO is very unethical and they don't care about their customers or employees. They treat employees like equipment. It starts at the top

Advice to Senior ManagementStart by having some company values that you actually follow

Review of Corsair Memory

Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Corsair Memory full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThere is nothing positive about this company.

ConsThis is a bad business. You don't want to work for Corsair. Their CEO has a tight grip of the company and micromanages everyone. He is not loyal to anyone. It doesn't matter what you accomplish at Corsair. You can never win. It's a bad political environment filled with backstabbing and other bad practices. Most often they let people go without any good cause. I left this company myself, but I had to work 12 hours a day to survive. I wouldn’t be surprised if they get sued one day, and I hope they do. Corsair “Bad” Memory is now called Corsair Components. Stay away from Corsair. You will regret otherwise. It takes only 3 days for you to learn what kind of mess you have walked to. They have gone through 8 Controllers in the past 5 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange their practices before they get sued. Find a new CEO. Find a new CFO.

Corsair becomes your life

I have been working at Corsair Memory full-time for more than a year

ProsGood work family environment. Holiday party is always a nice event. Profit sharing bonuses paid out 2-3 times a year. Good health benefits.

ConsHorrible work to life ratio. Senior management does not take responsibility or appropriate corrective action to problems in policy and procedure. Low pay when compared to similar jobs throughout the industry. Profit sharing scaled down to pay out less than in previous years. Company seems eager to splurge on anything except own employees.

Beware - Save yourself!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Fremont, CA (US)

I worked at Corsair Memory full-time for more than a year

ProsThe holiday party was nice, they have an onsite BBQ & an offsite company picnic. There were many friendly people.

ConsThe salary is painfully low on the low end jobs. They do not offer any other perks, no onsite snacks, no beverages other than the flavia coffee dispenser, they dont even have a water cooler! They have a purifier hooked up to the tap - classy! Company has been plannin the IPO for years, never went through. They changed the profit sharing plan, so you get nothing to what your peers got. The management in my department demonstrated BAD leadership, where they carried personal conversations for HOURS in front of the team, typically didint know how to resolve any problems, swept problems under the rug and Blamed YOU for the consequences. An enourmous amount of work, no support to streamline or adjust, workload or headcount, lacked communication of recent changes or updates. Little training. Lots of people in the company who verbally curse at you and disrepect you, other slackers still holding a job... doesnt make sense.

Advice to Senior ManagementSurvey your employees and rate management, try a 360 approach. Consider bringing in higher level leaders to bring change, vs promoting people who don't have the experience. Put an end to those who curse at employees.

Great learning experience for New College Grads

I have been working at Corsair Memory full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat work life Balance for all.

ConsCompensation could be higher for lower levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think everyone agress with me that the management team does not overly micromanage and thats a good thing because it shows the employees have been trained well by their managment.

Worked for Corsair Memory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Corsair Memory reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Corsair Memory CEO Andy Paul . All 12 reviews are posted anonymously by Corsair Memory employees.