Creighton University Reviews

Creighton University President Rev John P. Schlegel
Rev John P. Schlegel

Love the People!

I worked at Creighton University full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people you work with are great. They are like family. Creighton does a lot for the employees with professional development opportunities, lunches, and opportunities to volunteer for causes. Great flexibility for work-life balance. The cost of insurance is less than others that I have had or seen.

Cons

This is education - do not expect to make a lot of money. If you want to park in the parking lots, you have to pay for parking. Only get paid once a month. It takes forever (it seems like) for change to happen within the organization. Silos between divisions which is frustrating to deal with.

Deal with the silos between divisions. Explain why you make the decisions you make. You will gain more support if you do. The staff - faculty division is getting larger. The staff support and often times do the work of faculty and upper management. Reward them for it.

Great students; extremely disorganized.

Former Employee - Instructor  in  Omaha, NE (US)
    Former Employee - Instructor in Omaha, NE (US)

I worked at Creighton University as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Loved the overall feel of the university; students and faculty were friendly and welcoming. The campus itself is beautiful in any season.

Cons

The office I worked in was extremely disorganized. It took over a week to get some sort of ID, and until that time, I had asked every day about someone helping me get my issue resolved. No one in my office seemed remotely aware of the fact that for my first two weeks of work, none of my forms were being pushed through and I wasn't given any extra help despite this. My entire experienced would be represented by those first two weeks. Constant disorganization.

Give people the resources they actually need when starting a new job in a timely manner.

It's a good place to start when it comes to interning

I have been working at Creighton University

Pros

friendly staff, always there to help, good training

Cons

There is nothing bad I have to say

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great school student job

I have been working at Creighton University

Pros

Easy on campus access. Flexible hours for a student schedule. Great people. interact with prospective students from all over the country.

Cons

Many students do not take their work study program seriously.

Worthless Department

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE (US)

I have been working at Creighton University full-time for more than a year

Pros

No micromanagement, large personal office, quiet environment, ability to work independently, interaction with medical students, ok health insurance

Cons

no direction, the department is costing the univeristy tons of money and the university refuses to do anything about it, low pay, horrible management, invisible administrator

the upper management in the university needs to open their eyes to the money sucking department that they are keeping a float

Right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Omaha, NE (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Omaha, NE (US)

I have been working at Creighton University full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Love working with students and staff; most faculty are great too. Depending on department you are in hours can be flexible which is another perk.

Cons

NO communication between management & staff; very top heavy, too many chefs making the soup. Raises are non-existent or so small (1-2%) that if you work here for more than a couple of years you are paid less than the new person just hired.

LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES!! Quit paying millions of dollars for an 'expert opinion'; take advantage of the talent you have on campus and those that are invested in seeing CU be successful. And for Pete's sake give someone besides upper management a raise!

A crapshoot with respect to satisfaction; not up to image

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE (US)

I worked at Creighton University full-time

Pros

Being a part of a university that gives a great education to students
    Interaction with students is usually positive
    Beautiful physical environment, i.e., campus
    Opportunities to advance one's own education
    Free tuition for sons & daughters of CU employees
    When your supervisor and coworkers have good people skills, working there is great

Cons

The oft-used phrase "Creighton Family" reminds me of John Bradshaw's books, especially "Family Secrets: What You Don't Know CAN Hurt You"
    Small departments (few subordinates per supervisor) means people may be afraid to speak up even with constructive suggestions
    Some supervisory intimidation leads office staff to stress out
    Complaining about your boss (for legitimate reasons) yields only retaliation
    Authoritarian management gets carried away sometimes, such as onerous performance evaluation system that is a distraction from rather than a stimulant to doing one's job
    You're likelier to be happier working in an academic (except professional schools) than administrative department, especially as a faculty member - they're treated better

Since you are a Christian university, read and heed Matthew Chapter 7 and use it as the basis to revise your workplace policies

I love it here.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Omaha, NE (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Omaha, NE (US)

I have been working at Creighton University full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sense of community and work life balance.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons of working at Creighton. It is a great place.

Research

I have been working at Creighton University part-time

Pros

flexible hours, good pay, everything

Cons

nothing, no downsides to deal with

Great school, small community

Current Employee - Assistant Professor  in  Omaha, NE (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Omaha, NE (US)

I have been working at Creighton University full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great salary, kids get free tuition

Cons

None at the time because I really like the school

Worked for Creighton University? Contribute to the Community!