D&B

D&B Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

D&B President & CEO Robert Carrigan

Robert Carrigan

Pros
  • Smart and collaborative people trying to do the right thing, decent work life balance(in 21 reviews)

• D&B had one of best work life balances which I have experienced in my career :)(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult(in 23 reviews)

• Senior management too focused on reaching their numbers(in 15 reviews)

Biz that's trapped in the past

ProsNot many - work from home so you don't have to deal with incompetent supervisors

ConsClearly upper management has no understanding of modern work environments or how to innovate. Too busy fixing what's broken instead of building better.

Advice to Senior ManagementRun for the gates

Great opportunity and earnings potential, supportive management, typical stress in sales role.

Sales (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsBest in class company and products, good mix of teamwork and personal autonomy, leadership is quality with mix of management styles, uncapped earnings if you commit to best practices and focus on activity, ability to help companies with consultative approach.

ConsSome micromanagement, as with any sales role, metrics are biggest focus, hard to move into new positions, base salary is lower than other similar jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider creating an environment with more potential for movement and opportunity throughout departments. By evaluating individual performance, work ethic and strengths, talent would be uncovered.

Business, Quality, financial analyst and Market Research Analyst

ProsGood process
    Can Learn new fields
    Fast Growth

ConsMore work pressure and less salary
    Working environment is not good
    Cant avail the leaves eligible for

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Improving but long road ahead

Senior Product Director (Current Employee)

ProsWork-life balance, really nice and well-intentioned people, decent pay and benefits. The new CEO, Bob Carrigan, is great and you can already see a seismic shift in the approach to a lot of things. He's done away with much of the hierarchy that has plagued the company for years.

ConsWe are in transition between the old world and the new. Unfortunately, we need to contend with a lot of old baggage that continues to drag things down. That all said, I'm hopeful that things will continue to improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep fighting the good fight and don't give in to quarterly street pressures.

political

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

Pros- good learning curve and experience

Cons- only hired pretty ladies and therefore office politics makes it a stiffling environment to work in

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to the employees for once

Great people but too many managers

Software Developer (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsD&B had one of best work life balances which I have experienced in my career :)
    They realise that not everything is good and seem to be trying to make them better
    Some great people are employed, in ability and also just nice people

ConsMany managers. I was once reporting the same item to two PMs, a team/scrum lead, and also a program manager.
    This gives a sense of management perhaps being disorganised, and so project priority shifts and changes all of the time.
    Dealing with old/obsolete technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps to take a break from hiring managers for a short while.

Job was AMAZING, then slowly declined

NCAT Sales Associate (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ (US)

ProsPay, decent salary, outstanding commission, bonus and spliffs.

ConsSlow and steady decline of commission and bonus structure.

On the way to extinction

Senior Project Director (Former Employee) Short Hills, NJ (US)

ProsSmart and collaborative people trying to do the right thing, decent work life balance

ConsWeak management with no real vision and strategy replaced by yearly layoff programs masked as efficiency program. Constant change in top management

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a consistent strategy and approach, develop a consultative approach versus selling software

Worst place ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou get subsidized cafeteria food

ConsIt will be the biggest career mistake you make

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit counting your stock options and do something of value

Too many changes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay, flexibility, work life balance

ConsDifficult to learn, management is constantly changing and turning over

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!