D&B

D&B Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

D&B President & CEO Robert Carrigan

Robert Carrigan

Pros
  • Smart and collaborative people trying to do the right thing, decent work life balance(in 21 reviews)

• D&B had one of best work life balances which I have experienced in my career :)(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult(in 23 reviews)

• Senior management too focused on reaching their numbers(in 15 reviews)

An excellent Project team experience. It was the best organized & managed PMO I have ever experienced.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Short Hills, NJ (US)

ProsClearly stated goals and mission statement.

ConsProjects need to keep focused on critical objectives and less influenced by short term politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should emulate the connection that Sara Mathew had with the rank and file employees.

Good company to work with, considering the domain and technology.

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsSmall sized, but rapidly growing IT division gives a very good exposure and opportunity. New technology. Product based. A very very good domain, which gives a lot of opportunity to work with data and the presentation of it.

ConsLeave policy - only LOP in probation of first 6 months. But depends on the project u land on. Some projects are still legacy systems.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove work environment and support as you do now.

Good challenge if you want to take it on

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsGreat people, good HR department.Very good work lifebalance.Fun team night outs . management will give you extra responsibility if you ask for it.

ConsSmall office in Dublin which results in limited amount of job opportunities.Salary in some areas below industry standard.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good

Sales (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ (US)

ProsGreat people and very respected brand name.

ConsSenior management and the sales force are stuck in an endless cycle of forecasting

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the impediments to the sales force being successful

Hot and cold

ProsGreat benefits, good compensation packages

ConsAnnual financial flexibility is arbitrary and often yields investment decisions that are short sighted. Additionally, significant talent has been allowed to leave the business for short term expense reasons that could have been leveraged for greater shareholder and Customer benefit

DINOSAUR - Too Big Data to Fail

Sales Trainer (Current Employee) Center Valley, PA (US)

ProsStronghold on the Risk Mgmt and Commercial Credit space, decent comprehensive major medical

ConsPersnickety high-school culture,, Operational deficiencies, manual and antiquated internal process, legacy systems, disparate decentralized reporting, leadership is uninformed and inept, uses financial flexibility to justify turnover and expense cuts and the field says they can't demo the software because it runs slower than a 28K modem.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in more leadership from the outside, MaxCV is just the first overbudget project if you want to be ready for IoT, we have to build automated SB SaaS models, Ops is broken, Pricing is a laughable mess and stop the insanity, a decade of failure in new commercial customer acquistion alone has led to turnover of 120+ pp, and might as well migrate DNBi and SRM to force.com, they are eating your lunch with DDC neway.

2 years at D&B India

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGreat respectable globally reputed company. Not too many companies around on which books have been written.

ConsIndian arm was not in the best of condition when I was associated with the company. Also, the BU I was working in was led by people unworthy of leadership positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease assess the people you are putting in charge

Great people, poor management

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsA great team of people on the ground. Office culture if very good.

ConsNo leadership, vision or strategy from senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop chasing the share price and start running the company.

Career Opportunities

ProsRapid career opportunities with a work environment you want to be at each day.

ConsSalary growth is based on an internal rule set that is not conducive to career growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeeping the best of the best...salaries should be in line with Market Value!

Big Mistake!

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Short Hills, NJ (US)

ProsYou get to work for a well-recognized name. HQ is near the Short Hills Mall so it makes Christmas shopping a little easier. It's probably a good place to go if you have a cog-like job and you're 3-5 years away from retirement. I don't think there's anyone there past 5:00, so you definitely get home in time for dinner.

Cons-- Soooo many layers to get ANYTHING done. You need approval after approval and meeting after meeting just to get something that should take 10 minutes done.
    -- I was warned when I was hired that they have an annual re-org. They weren't kidding. It's like clockwork.
    -- I was there for 1 year and had 4 different managers, the only one that was somewhat qualified left the company.
    -- The atmosphere in Short Hills is like a morgue. It makes the Office Space office look like Mardis Gras!
    -- ZERO energy or excitement about the products, customers, mobility, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know data is essentially boring, but you really need to pay attention to just how depressing it is in your company. You also need to really look into your management layer as most of them have no idea what they are doing and are doing jobs for which they have no previous qualifications (e.g., Finance people doing Marketing, Sales people doing Operations, etc.).

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!