Daikin North America

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Passionate team, leadership very down to earth, plenty of room for growth.

Applications Development Technician (Former Employee) Hanover, MA (US)

ProsThere is definitely a lot of room for growth for Daikin America. Managers provide a lot of opportunity for personal and professional growth. The product line is interesting, and the industries that Daikin serves are varied - making the work interesting and varied. Company takes training seriously,

ConsA slightly less tech-savvy population made it challenging to use information technology to our best advantage. Also, Daikin uses Lotus Notes for their email client - which was a little frustrating at times. Some teams are small, so although there is long term job stability and potential, short term prospects seem less exciting. There is also a reluctance to hire people, which led to some overwork and stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in better information technology. Be more willing to hire people.

Not great. Management does not know how to properly utilize experienced people.

Technical (Former Employee) Decatur, AL (US)

ProsGreat benefits, especially medical and 401K..

ConsMicromanagement abounds. Training is the same on-line "stuff" every year. Personal growth is not really available. Management dwells on "fluff" instead of important planning, customers and projects. IT Department definitely needs an upgrade.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet away from the old-time trends and protocol. It is a Japanese company, but you are in the USA with mainly American workers.

Stuck in time

Engineerer (Current Employee) Decatur, AL (US)

ProsGreat benefits, small company feel, good pay

ConsPolicies are stuck in 1990, slow moving bureaucracy for the size company, long hours the norm, no upward mobility, no structured career path

Advice to Senior ManagementNew blood. Most of the management has been there for 15-20 years and want to do everything the way it has always been done. Rock the boat change things up.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

(UK) Woking Office

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice colleagues. No micro management.

ConsManagement is non-existent. Do not expect any support what so ever. The first 3 days I started I had no computer, no phone, no software installed. It was only when I decided to rummage around through filing cabinets I came across Daikins dedicated IT helpdesk number. 3 hours later I had it all setup and running. It's the most inefficient operation I've ever experienced. On top of all this, the 'manager's' simply delegate jobs to other people as they either 1) do not understand it themselves or 2) do not want to understand it themselves. They then expect you to make the processes more efficient but they do not bother to take the time in analyzing the weaknesses themselves and fairly quantify issues with a view to resolving them. On top of all this, I witnessed 3 engineers leave in 2 months and I was the 3rd to fill the position I had (2 before me were "let-go" - all this within 6 months). It was simply comical to work there. Worst place I have ever worked.

Roller coaster ride

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

ProsFriendly people. Nicely furnished. Benefits are good.

ConsSome inept co-workers performing below expectations still keep their jobs because Managers are too afraid to confront them. Lack of personal recognition. HR? -Don't even know who they are . Not a female-friendly company and they pay females less for same positions held by men. Lack of investment in technology.

Was a great place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people want to do the right things to make the company great. The atmosphere changed over time and it became more political.

ConsSenior leadership prevented the company from growing. They forced many good people out of the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people that actually do the work. Take a bottom up approach instead of top down.

Good team to work with

Intern In Production Engineering (Former Employee) Ostend (Belgium)

ProsPeople are serious and caring. I was an intern during a very stressful time for the team but everyone was well-organised enough to still be able to help me with my work.

ConsNo one seemed hugely ambitious or innovative. I was a bit disappointed with people's attitude to change. But then again, it was at an extremely busy time.

Never a dull moment

Regional Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsA powerhouse in our industry. We are the global leader and THE force to be reckoned with..!!

ConsTurbulent times due to our own success. The acquisition of the largest North American company into the largest Global company has been challenging

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communication channels open. Involve teams earlier in decision process

Great company to work with

ProsGreat benefits, easy and lenient

ConsHorrible accounting department and customer service

Advice to Senior ManagementReview ethical skills to Accounting Department

Hard to get on board

ProsFrom what I was told, the benfits are amazing, especially health

ConsDaikin's business procedures could use some fine tuning

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't REQUIRE 3 outstanding references from past employers. Take into account a person's hard work and efforts while working at Daikin as a temp

Worked for Daikin North America? Contribute to the Community!