Deloitte

3.5 6,194 reviews

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

(1,256 ratings)

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance(in 423 reviews)

• Great place to start off your career to learn a lot of skills(in 143 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance(in 1082 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate(in 218 reviews)

6,194 Employee Reviews

Business Technology Analyst

ProsDeloitte has a very open work culture, excellent mentoring and training programs and amazing leaders to work closely with and gain industry experience.

ConsThe benefits like in any consulting firm takes a hit because of the revenue model. The work within projects is quite hectic to explore multiple opportunities across different domains and parallel service lines

Good for the Bold and Ruthless

ProsGreat learning opportunities, young group of people mostly with optimistic working styles. Good career progression if you can handle the pressure. Access to Partners from an early stage.

ConsNo work life balance. Support from the business can be thin, especially during busy season.
    Unless you're cut out for the work and lifestyle, this environment will be punishing.
    Generally underpaid, however training and having the name of the firm on your resume does make up for it in the short term.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease pay bands. Consider changing workflow to enable better work/life balance.

Disappointing

Staff Accountant (Former Employee) Sydney

Pros* Work-life balance
    * Met some great people
    * Learnt and got required training to get the hell out of Deloitte

Cons* Too much politics at Deloitte
    * Overlooked on certain promotional opportunities because I do not kiss bottom's
    * A lot of people getting promoted who aren't actually skilled, but just good at kissing bottom's and rubbing partner's egos
    * Unequal opportunity when you see a staff promoted every six months in National Finance, from assistant accountant to financial controller of Risk and doesn't know anything and falls flat on her face, cries because the partner abuses her for her lack of knowledge and reporting incorrect numbers.
    * Harsh reality, the performance reviews mean nothing, partner's already choose who they will promote a few months before the performance reviews even finalise
    * Varying salaries even on different staff levels, some senior consultants earn as much as a manager.
    * CA Program has been changed and no longer provides the choices it used to.
    * Due to tough times in financial services, a lot of staff are being 'pushed out' using methods of natural attritions, no promotions, perform them out - ugly truth!!!!

Advice to Senior Management* Get rid of certain partners, alternate your internal partners the way you alternate your audit partners.
    * Long standing staff with complaints against them should be reviewed
    * National Finance directors/partner's are useless.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Variety

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Melbourne

ProsVariety
    Training programs
    Selection of quality team members

ConsAdmin
    Ability to focus
    Longer term projects

Advice to Senior ManagementLess admin

Deloitte Sydney - A Technology division that actually works as one

Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) Sydney

ProsResponsibilities shared. On the job training available allowing cross skilling

ConsTechnology division still very male dominated

Great culture, equal opportunity employer but a lot of politics to deal with

Consulting Manager (Current Employee) Sydney

ProsExposure to clients and business environments is fantastic. Deloitte is not seen as a great pay master but at least 2-3 years of experience at Deloitte is great on the CV. Paid parental leave is significant for Manager and above. Deloitte is highly respected in the industry, so the business card will take you places.

ConsA hell lot of politics to deal with, especially between Partners. You need to have alignment to key senior folks who will watch out for you and take care of you. If you are unlucky to be in a position where you are "orphaned" it is hard to navigate the organisation. One has to spend a lot of time building relationships, watching one's back and dealing with the politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter mentoring opportunities to create a cross service line, "holistic" experience for the candidate and make sure they are recognised for the contribution they are making in terms of their willingness to work and their attitude, NOT their utilisation alone.

Horrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood brand name on CV. Good for starting your career after uni.

ConsWorse consulting firm for lateral hires. Never ever start your career with this one if you are a lateral hire. Go somewhere else!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop stepping on peoples throats. It is not talking you anywhere.

Good

ProsLots of talented people working at the firm. Global office and reach is attractive

ConsPay needs revision. Not comparable to boutiques and raises are marginal.

A great place to learn

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Sydney

ProsHigh performance culture
    Focus on employee development
    Team culture
    Young employee base
    All in all a perfect place to start a career in finance

ConsPoor pay relative to market
    To much focus on signals culture
    No employee ownership before partner level but this is common in accounting firms

Advice to Senior ManagementDitch D.Academy - I found it to be a waste of time but that is just my humble opinion.
    Otherwise doing a pretty good job.

Good

Analyst (Current Employee) Perth, Western Australia

ProsGreat culture, very performance driven

ConsRigid promotion structure highly dependent on headoffice

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!