Deloitte

3.5 6,246 reviews

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

(1,272 ratings)

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance (in 425 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience (in 146 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance (in 1093 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate (in 221 reviews)

More Highlights
6,246 Employee Reviews

Poor

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Melbourne

ProsGood branding on your resume

ConsLong work hours, low pay relative to the other of the big 4, generally inflexible regarding switching teams

Neutral OK, not as good from the inside

Consulting Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Sydney

ProsThe brand on your CV, building relationships

ConsToo much drama and politics

Advice to Senior ManagementYou were almost there when I joined. You have been doing worse ever since.

Workplace that gives the opportunity to thrive however remuneration could be better. Scope of work limited at times.

Melbourne (Current Employee)

ProsPeople, experience, household name clients

ConsRemuneration, project work, expectation of contribution to firm building, unreasonable metrics especially at junior levels

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Spin City

Director (Former Employee) Sydney

ProsThe clients were very interesting
    Made some great friends
    I was satisfied with my income

ConsBullying culture - time sheets, performance reviews, KPIs etc
    Employees who lack substance and know how to spin are promoted and paid more.
    Employees who are technically proficient are treated with disrespect.
    There is a push for work to go to Hydrabad in India with various centres in different states taking ownership to get the work out. This is at the expense of clients and the staff who care who are trying to sort out all the issues.
    It is not about what you know or do but who you know.
    Very poor payers - staff ratings and pay meetings are all about how little Deloitte pays.
    It is all about profit per unit - the management of provisions and write- offs to make partners look good in their pay review period - march to may - you try being there during this time and you will see how stressed partners are. The pressure comes from everywhere - especially from very highly paid partners who do not have client bases and have nothing else to do.
    The staff and partners use and micromanage Yammer (Deloitte Social Media) and Smartnet (Deloitte pipeline of new Work) to score brownie points.

To all clients and staff - run for your life

Advice to Senior ManagementDo something about the Spin or the Firm will implode

Awesome, but what you are getting into

Tax Analyst (Former Employee) Melbourne

Pros- internal technical and soft skills training was good
    - opportunities can be excellent
    - internal systems (eg IT, filing, HR, secretarial) are outstanding or mostly outstanding
    - genuine collegiate and teamwork culture
    - transparency & consistency in remuneration
    - a firm genuiniely interested in challenging itself and open to change

Cons- broken promises
    - long hours
    - culture can be immature / unprofessional because high proportion of very young employees

Advice to Senior Management- keep up the work on culture
    - don't tell lies

Management consulting - great for experience but let down by poor partners in Brisbane

Management Consultant (Former Employee) Brisbane

ProsDeloitte's management consultancy area provided a great way to expand my skill base quickly and provide opportunities earlier in my career that would have not been received else where.

Deloitte is excellent and managing their brand, managing knowledge and managing the careers of their people. Would not have left if not for the experience with a few partners in Brisbane.

ConsThe experience and opportunities afforded to you are completely determined by your relationships with the partners in your local office. Overall Deloitte has some excellent partners but my experience was soured by the now former partners in the Brisbane office. Senior management was aware of the cultural issues that existed, which was clearly shown through 360 feedback surveys and feedback by the directors, but was unwilling to take any strong action to rectify the situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease due-dilligence of new partners .

Not bad

Prosgood, fun co-workers
    opportunity to progress if you stick around

Consbad work/life balance
    management have lots of chat, but no action
    pay doesn't match effort

Advice to Senior Managementgood at recruiting the best, now need to work on retaining them

Deloitte

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Sydney

ProsGood culture generally, work with some great, talented people on a mix of different projects. Learn quickly, great for someone who likes to work hard and learn fast. Resources and infrastructure great.

ConsHierarchy and politics can limit work and learning opportunities for talented juniors, especially when there is excess staff and (higher ranking) junior managers are falling short of their personal billable hour targets. Essentially, being a cog in a hierarchy, a junior must move with the pace of the organisation or seek to exit and move outside of it - large organisations don't have the agility/flexibility to accommodate differences in learning/work effectiveness, although they try

Advice to Senior ManagementSee cons

Great culture, great people, average pay

Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) Perth, Western Australia

ProsThe people and the culture were both truly fantastic. The team I was with were very friendly and helped me settle in and start being productive from day one. The work was the highlight - varied and interesting. There are also some nice small perks, such as free fruit, tea/coffee, Friday afternoon drinks, etc. Nothing major, but better than nothing.

ConsThe pay is mediocre - I could earn more at most other places. Also, the expected hours are long; 8:30-5:30 is just about the shortest day you'll work.

Chartered reputation location clients travel

Consultant II (Former Employee) Sydney

ProsPeople, work, hours, social events

ConsPolitics politics politics politics politics

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!