Delphi

Delphi Reviews

Updated Mar 30, 2014

Delphi President, CEO, COO, and Director Rodney O'Neal

Rodney O'Neal

Pros:
  • "Work life balance , learning depending upon the project you land up"
    in 26 reviews
  • "Good work environment, no pressure, good for new ideas and experiment, work standards on par with global standards"
    in 14 reviews
Cons:
  • "Chapter 11 headcount reductions of experienced people went too far and execution is failing"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Upper management seemed to be rather cold and uncaring"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Positive experience.

Intern (Former Employee)
Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Delphi as an intern for less than a year

ProsFreedom to contributes ideas. Work life balance. Carefree working environment. Team working projects.

ConsSalary is average. Promotions is there but growth is small. Work can be quite standard thus might be bored at times.

Product Development Engineer

Product Engineer (Former Employee)
Rochester, NY (US)

I worked at Delphi as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGood people. Good atmosphere. Jobs got done but there was no room for growth and programs to fluorish

ConsBad salary. Bad food. Bad Mood. Bad Place. I don't know why I'm writing this because I shouldn't have to.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Delphi Internship Passive Safety

I have been working at Delphi

Pros- Good Intern program
- Hand On experience in the automotive industry
- Friendly Co-Workers

Cons- Average Age of employees is old
- The work environment is not very competitive

Systemically unethical.

I have been working at Delphi full-time

ProsLoving home for people of mediocre education with poor grammar.

ConsSystemically unethical. Very top-down, poor management.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving already been bankrupt, time to clean up your integrity issues with management and handling of subordinates. Inadequate oversight down the chain. Instead of part of the solution HR is also part of the problem.

better don't join in delphi india, Join if u r not ambitious..

Advanced Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Delphi full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBetter Work life balance.. mostly bcz not much work

ConsNothing attractive not good atmosphere, good technologies are there but very very below average employee's dont even know basics so learning curve will be almost zero. counter parts wont trust you if you do awesome work also (from their experience). max you can learn some junk tools.
if i compare from my past experiences, nothing good.. managers earning/enjoying like anything.. HR dept is very very worse, no clear vision, no technology experts etc.

Advice to Senior Managementif no better work force nothing you can do ultimately..

Good company to work for, and good opportunities to learn.

Development Team Leader (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Delphi full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood technical work, good opportunities. excellent test/analysis facilities.

Conslittle experience brought in from outside, lots of graduates make up the work force and technical experience limited to in house training. little in the way of employees benefits, and could do with spending more on social/welfare areas to keep the workforce happy.

Advice to Senior Managementsplash out a little to keep employees feeling valued.

A company with a lot of opportunity for you to make a real impact if you choose to.

I have been working at Delphi full-time

ProsHigh number of graduates so very good work environment. Lots of opportunity for experience across different engineering functions.

ConsSome old school management style.

Advice to Senior ManagementShakeup the old school management style. Give employees more empowerment and flexibility to their working hours. This can only contribute to increased satisfaction with work.

Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Delphi

Prosgood place to work,study and learn

Conspay is a little less than market rate

Total disregard for career management, treats people like disposable assets.

Customs & Trade Compliance Process Leader EMEA (Former Employee)
Bascharage (Luxembourg)

I worked at Delphi full-time for more than 3 years

ProsInternational experience, nice team, great expertise and learning opportunity. Six-sigma potential. Large supply chain leads to interesting case-handling.

ConsHR management is shoddy at best. Annual evaluations are designed to fit company goals (performance prize one month, bad evaluation the next)
Team leaders are there for management, not for their teams and you touself, as a teamleader, are expected to butcher your team as you get butchered. Dog eat dog world. Uninterested top level leadershhip..

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening and do not keep silent or fail to respond. Honor people who leave as contributors who move on. Do not use FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) as a way to manage your business.

DCS-India salary

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Delphi full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood work environment, no pressure, good for new ideas and experiment, work standards on par with global standards.

ConsNo platform for salary range for each designation.(engrs may get more than asst manager)
lot of hierarchy levels. professional growth is very limited, downtrend of global culture

Advice to Senior Managementdefine salary structure

Worked for Delphi? Contribute to the Community!

Delphi Videos

Delphi – Why Work for Us?

Company Stats: • 160,000 people globally • Operating in 32 countries with major operations in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Luxembourg, Mexico, Poland and the U.S. • Driving Global Innovation in Close… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Delphi reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Delphi CEO Rodney O'Neal. All 305 reviews are posted anonymously by Delphi employees.