Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Reviews in Atlanta, GA US

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Delta Air Lines CEO and Director Richard H. Anderson

Richard H. Anderson

Pros
  • Flight Benefits- Every employee gets standby travel with discounts on confirmed travel (in 127 reviews)

• The benefits are great, of you have a language or are willing to fly as lead the shifts are good (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Advancement rate is extremely slow, you will be part time for years before full time is available (in 18 reviews)

• The airline industry isn't what it used to be (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights
210 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

One of the best companies I have ever worked for in my life.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsCommitment to customers, employees and investors is reinforced daily by determined employees to provide the best experience to their passengers despite the challenges of unpredictability inherrent in this industry. I received ongoing training and support from management which allowed me to succeed in my position. I was continually given opportunities to advance. I would work at Delta again in a heart beat if I could find a position where I live currently. Delta employees are wonderful. Oh, and the benefits are fantastic.

ConsI moved and my office was too far to commute or I would still be working for Delta.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your employees, Keep Climbing.

One of The best companies you can work for

Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGood salary, good environment, friendly, exceptional city ATL

ConsYou might start at a shop before going to Line Maintenance

Excellent Work Place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsFlight Benefits, Professional Environment, Great place to work. Work Life Balance is just awesome

ConsLess salary, but compensated by the flight benefits

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Delta is a great place to work

Finance Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat people, interesting industry, free flight benefits and opportunity to work a flex schedule

ConsLow salary because they are a premiere employer in the area, mediocre health benefits with lots of out of pocket costs, and flight benefits are not what they use to be because there are fewer and fewer flights. You can barely use the flight benefits because you cant make the plane, especially with a family. Also, there is very little room for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter health and flight benefits

Great company to work for!

Managing Director (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsLove the company and the culture, Fair pay, Excellent travel benefits, involved leadership, lots of upward potential.

ConsIt;s the airline industry and it's subject to lot of economic shocks. Good times may turn on a dime.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to the employees.

Alot of benefits....

Ramp Agent (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

Prosyou get pay raises every year, as well as an abundance of discounts with other companies. They are always looking to promote from within....You fly free as well as your immediate family(spouse,parents,etc..). easy to pick up overtime if in hub station

ConsIts hard to transfer to other cites unless its a hub station.

good

Airline Pilot (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

Prosgood ppl at delta Air Lines

Consits at the airport in Atlanta

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more pilots at the airport.

Simply being here daily has been a great learning experience however the Co-op program is not organized or exciting.

Industrial Engineering Co-Op (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat benefits and a lot of exposure to clients, suppliers and upper management in TechOps.

ConsSlow paced environment and roles are very specific and sometimes redundant.

An "ok" company

Senior Analyst, Revenue Management (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

Pros- Travel privileges - first class upgrades at no cost when available
    - very relaxed working environment on a nice campus setting
    - standard 45 - 50 hr workweek

Cons- upward mobility is very limited
    - salaries are very low for the comparable job. even within the airline industry, DAL is low paying.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile it is always a good idea to focus on your frontline employees, please do not forget that you have a skilled workforce in HQ.

I've been an employee for 20 years.

Frontline Leader (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsIt's a financial strong company with a great leadership team that expresses forward thinking and promotional movement from within the company. If you are motivated to transfer, you're opportunities are endless. The airline industry can be incredibly fickle, however Delta has managed to stand out among the competition. I'm so proud to work for Delta.

ConsLocal management often dictates the attitudes amongst the employees. The merger is still not a smooth process that most leaders choose to ignore. Not everyone is on board with Delta policies and expectations and that can bring entire team down.

Worked for Delta Air Lines? Contribute to the Community!