Deutsche Bank

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.4 1,122 reviews

Deutsche Bank Co-Chairmen & CEO Jürgen Fitschen & Anshu Jain

Jürgen Fitschen & Anshu Jain

Pros
  • Good work-life balance and a global footprint help one explore the corners of the world(in 102 reviews)

• Change is the only constant - a highly dynamic work environment(in 63 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance is crap and if you want to transfer between teams forget it(in 40 reviews)

• It's very much a grind and long hours and can get quite confrontational(in 45 reviews)

1,122 Employee Reviews

Good work culture

ProsMNC with international level of work culture regardless of the office location. Good benefits and future prospects.

ConsToo many internal processes for promotions

Banking leaders

Managing Director (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsGood work-life balance and a global footprint help one explore the corners of the world.

ConsOld school beliefs and resistance to change have dampened the growth of the bank outside European Union.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis time to expand in the right verticals across USA, specially the west coast and in India and China with a different perspective is now.

Good place to work in India

ProsBest salary range in India

ConsMiddle management, Inadequate growth opportunities

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place for a first banking experience.

Communications (Former Employee)

ProsProfessional environment with good work-life balance. Management was approachable and open to new ideas.

ConsI had the feeling that the German culture was very present, and that it was difficult to grow if this is not your own culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace diversity.

If you like long hours it's the place to be, but more importantly if you want to learn the financial business it's here.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExposure to financial industry is endless. If you are motivated, focused and a determine you can learn so much. There are always opportunities to contribute and learn. Colleagues are always available to answer questions. But understanding how and when to present questions is critical.

ConsFor some long hours. Personally, I loved my job!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinued training to new staff.

Solid place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prospeople are good, cafeteria is awesome. They are always looking to improve

ConsInefficiencies in the system, it takes a while to get up and running

Former DB employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits, a supportive corporate culture, and a real commitment to corporate philanthropy and citizenship. I loved working there.

ConsAmerican and -German culture differences.

Strong Leadership, Open culture

Vice President (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsNon-hirearcial, Strong vision, informal work environment

ConsHighly matrixed, very slow in decisions

not so great environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood benefits - longer vacation for associates. 6 months of maternity leave, which is the longest i heard on the street. base salary is competitive. reasonably smart jr. level people.

Conspoor work life balance, leadership culture is bad. not so knowledgeable Jr. level managers. training was almost zero. not so great bonus. poor internal mobility structure. unresponsive middle level managers.

Cumbersome

Project Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsNice Cafeteria. Wall Street Location. Broker/Dealer Trading Desk people were very knowledgeable about the products they trade on a daily basis.

ConsLack of communication and/or commitment. Rates IT had a very damaged reputation for Not understanding technology, and I couldn't fix that. Everyone afraid to lose their jobs, and won't commit to understanding in-house technology. No SME-Subject Matter Experts. Back stabbing - will take credit for your work, verbal abuses from those less knowledgeable about technology, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Managers should be in charge of the hiring process - Not employees. Employees will NOT Hire qualified people who may pose a threat to their position. Ineffective managers have high turnaround of consultants due to lack of personal insecurity surrounding knowledge-base. DB needs a "Centralized" IT Management Group to ensure individual departments meet criteria "Before" UAT Testing can begin, such as Base-lining and Unit-Testing. These will ensure successful implementation 1st time around, as well as Subject Matter Experts for each in-house proprietary platform in use today.

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!