Deutsche Bank Reviews

3.3
1,210 Reviews

Deutsche Bank Co-Chairmen & CEO Jürgen Fitschen & Anshu Jain
Jürgen Fitschen & Anshu Jain

Pros
  • Good work-life balance and a global footprint help one explore the corners of the world (in 106 reviews)

• Change is the only constant - a highly dynamic work environment (in 67 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance; morale could go down at times (in 45 reviews)

• a culture of long hours where they aren't required (in 60 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing experience and lots of actions.

Former Employee - IMAC Operations Manager  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - IMAC Operations Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Deutsche Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lots of people to meet with great opportunity to grow. Visited many offices in the US and all the workers are very friendly and helpful.

Cons

So many managements and changes that the support team have a hard time following. Recently assigned team leads are a joke. Instead of mentoring and provide supporting for their team member, they are nothing but manager's puppies.

Recent deskside outsourced management does not not have a clue how to run the business. Please bring back the old management team.

DB...

Former Employee - Associate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Deutsche Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Big organization that provides good comps and benifit

Cons

You usually get noticed when there is problem but not achievement

Lots of back and forwards restructure

Overall, very positive experience as an intern here (Corporate Banking & Securities) - enjoyed the rotational aspect

Former Employee - CB&S Markets  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - CB&S Markets in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Deutsche Bank as an intern for less than a year

Pros

rotational period before finding a full time desk, lots of mentorship opportunities, very respected bank

Cons

they run a lean shop and that means every person is doing a lot of work and can be rather stressful at times (even more so than at other banks probably)

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

fixed income

I worked at Deutsche Bank for more than a year

Pros

the bank has excellent product platform in Brazil with good funding and smart co workers. compensation is adherent to market. the bank has a strong client base.

Cons

Brazil is not one of the main hubs of the bank so certain businesses might not get the attention one would wish it got. also, the bank is fast to change its strategy and adjust to the market which is a negative aspect for clients looking for relationship banks.

Fine company

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Deutsche Bank as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Excellent espri de core. Great people

Cons

Political correctness towad some India IT subcontractors and employees.

Demand real excellence. Stop getting conned.

Passion to preform.

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Lisbon (Portugal)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Lisbon (Portugal)

I worked at Deutsche Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

In my experience and for all the years that I worked for Db I got to feel that is as the following things in its favor: Very well balanced, Chinese Walls, security, e learning, investments creator.

Cons

In my experience and for all the years that I worked for Db I got to feel that is as the following things that need to be addressed. Development of new product that as interaction with the front desk ( customer first line ), internal mobility and more investment on technical formation.

Keep doing what is already established and please Create more challenges like MindStorm.

Attention to detail. People friendly company. Some management and procedures a bit stiff.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I worked at Deutsche Bank as an intern

Pros

Good work environment, great people. Efficient, German style. Very stable, risk management is good.

Cons

Work efficiency is affected by the lengthy regulations and internal compliances.

Should allow more flexibility and case-sensitive solutions.

It was great experience

I worked at Deutsche Bank

Pros

it is a global and diverse place to work in.

Cons

No cons, maybe there should be more taking in the percentage of the recruitment

Very good place

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President - Technology  in  Saint Petersburg (Russia)
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President - Technology in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I have been working at Deutsche Bank full-time

Pros

This is place where technology meets and finance. We build vast majority of technology to the bank including connectivity, pricing, risk, data warehousing. On a business there is fx, fixed income, money markets, options - so all verity of financial instruments are for you. If you enjoy finance and (server side) technology it would be the best place to work in St. Petersburg.
    Company provides good opportunities for trainings including all soft of soft skills, technology skills and participating in relevant meetings.
    For graduates there is amazing Java School which not only teaches with advanced (and demanded in real world) tricks in Java but also provides jobs with amazing compensations.

Cons

Getting promoted to managerial positions might be tricky in some teams (however is relatively easy in others)
    Big distance to the actual business built by organisation

If you could do one thing do this: close the gap between business and IT organisation

DB had a great graduate training program

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Vice President in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at Deutsche Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

DB has a great graduate training program, with very structured training material and classes with rotations on various desks and great people who manage the whole program. Lots of smart and very capable people working in the bank.

Cons

Sometimes there are some limitations on the IT side of things in terms of infrastructure investment and sometimes there appears to be a lot of internal competitions between people for business etc - but that may be expected of any bank

I think having more personal growth would be very beneficial with courses for personal training, development and growth; management programs etc;

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!