Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Dollar Tree President, CEO, and Director Bob Sasser

Bob Sasser

Pros
  • Easy to work with other employees because there arent that many but enough that you can request off if need be (in 12 reviews)

• As a part time employee there is a great deal of flexibility for scheduling (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Also the pay isnt that great, depending on what minimum wage is in your state (in 41 reviews)

• I feel as though the company or just the local upper management (unsure which it is really (in 35 reviews)

More Highlights

Assistant Manager

ProsExcellent work environment. Great benefits after 6 months of employment,.

ConsWork-life balance, schedueling , at night work.

Can be as good as you want it to be.

District Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

Pros5 day work week
    Lots of upper mgt support

ConsBad customers, they treat the associates like trash

Advice to Senior ManagementMore employee benefits

store managers can treat employees bad and get away with it. They make the sales that is all the upper management see!

Dollar Tree Cashier (Current Employee) Universal City, TX (US)

Prosit is a very fun job with the chance to grow, friendly customers its like a new family for the most part

Consif you get a bad manager you speak up and then you pay the price upper management dont want to hear anything all they see is $$$$ so follow the chane of command and be HEARD!!

Advice to Senior ManagementTREAT PEOPLE THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WE ARE ALL HUMANS

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

nNce job to work at

ProsSome associates get more hours than others.
    Easy work to do.
    No pressure on the job.

ConsHave to be FRIENDS or FAVORITE with the manager to advance and get promoted within the store right away. Even with no prior experience about the job. To me the manager's being unprofessional when they have their favorites.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should check into the managers who have their favorites and take notice what is going on.

not too fond

Dollar Tree Cashier (Current Employee) Kennewick, WA (US)

Proslayed back, training is easy

Consthere is no way to move up, wages dont increase for amount of time working there, and the district manager is really rude

Responsible for assisting with the complete operations of assigned store,

Dollar Tree (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA (US)

ProsAssists with evaluating, recruiting, hiring, training, motivating and counseling of TEAM DOLLAR associates.

ConsAssists with all store functions including scheduling, ordering, freight processing and all day-to-day store activities as directed.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust be your self

No care for employees

Dollar Tree Cashier (Former Employee) Mansfield, NJ (US)

ProsThe customers and actually getting hours to work

Consthe breaks are short, managers are lazy and do nothing at all except smoke and talk to other assistant managers,managers yell at employees for having return customers, get threatened with loss of job if you dont stop being friendly to customers, give pay raises to only certain workers (their friends) every year, rude to customers, would get revenge on customers by ringing up extra products while they were not paying attention.

Advice to Senior ManagementSecond guess the people you allow to be manager and instead look at the smaller people who actually care about the business and furthering it by having a good customer base and good customer service instead of just worrying about getting the job done!

Wonderful Experience and Great Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat group of people. The benefit packages are nice. Training is key priority and that is a great way to help your team succeed.

ConsPromotions are a little harder to come by. The corporate office is located a little out of the way and can be difficult getting to and from work with traffic.

I enjoy working with my crew and the customers are mostly pleasant.

Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) Sarasota, FL (US)

ProsWe have the most organized and clean store in the area. The managers are always helpful and great about explaining processes.

ConsThe customers that simply do not believe everything is $1 (or less).

....

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

Prosthey offer flexible hours. at least at my store

Consupper management wants to cut staffing hours to boost bottom line

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow managers to add hours if the store is making adequate sales. At minimum hour stores, not adding enough hours makes processing freight in 48 hours impossible!!! Freight teams should be included in minimum hour stores.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!