Domino's

Domino's Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Domino's President, CEO, and Director J. Patrick Doyle

J. Patrick Doyle

Pros:
  • "Fairly flexible hours, and not so many you can't have a life or another job"
    in 29 reviews
  • "schedule is flexible and people are fun to work with-be careful of a disk boss"
    in 13 reviews
Cons:
  • "Unsteady paycheck, too much competition, put a lot of wear and tear on your car"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Minimum wage with VERY few salary increases"
    in 24 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

reasonable work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Domino's full-time for more than a year

Prosenjoyable, good team , keeps you busy

Conslow pay even in management. if you are a driver you are better off driving the company car for a fixed hourly rate than driving your own car for a lower rate plus a per piece rate as the fuel and maintainence cost will suck out any extra you think you are making

Advice to Senior Managementkeep raking in the profit

Pretty good for what it was.

Dominos Delivery Driver (Former Employee)
Ballarat

I worked at Domino's part-time for more than a year

ProsThe social aspects were good, easy to make friends/colleagues. Were considerate amd helpful when I fell ill, and had to take 3 weeks off because of it.

ConsPay not exactly competitive, erratic hours. There was some bullying/teasing/ribbing, and I would have to put that down to personality clashes and cultural differences.

Good Company

I have been working at Domino's

ProsVery good to work for

Consnone that I can think of

Small company vibe is not an excuse for overwork and lack of professionalism.

Analyst Programmer (Current Employee)
Brisbane

I have been working at Domino's full-time for less than a year

ProsFree pizza. People are generally friendly. Lots of work to do - it's not boring. The company has an invigorating culture.

ConsExcessive unpaid overtime. Cramped office (too small) working with substandard equipment. Below market rates. Very difficult to get budget approved even for minor expenses. They are a 'run on empty' type of company, trying to be super efficient. But why would any above average performer want to work longer hours while getting less money?

Also, war cries are creepy.

Advice to Senior ManagementDish out some coin to get better staff; the results will pay for the cost.

Phone man and bakery officer

Phone Man (Current Employee)
Sydney

I have been working at Domino's part-time for more than a year

ProsGood experience, working on phones and making dough for pizza

ConsShort shifts, could be longer

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

delivery pizza and making pizza

Diver (Former Employee)
Sydney

I worked at Domino's

Proseasy job, drive own car to delivery pizza in a area, if lucky can get great tips.

Consstressful, low pay and not enough shifts

Advice to Senior Managementraise the pay for senior stuff please.

A great place to work with great people.

I have been working at Domino's full-time for more than 10 years

ProsDominos really care about it's TM's and wants its customers to have a wonderful experience. this company is so much fun...

ConsIt is a very fast paced environment and can be stressful when they are understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to the TM's and and train managers on how to handle employees

Decent company for young people getting started in the world

General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Domino's full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFranchisee is very good to employees. Always follows labor laws.

ConsNot the highest pay, but if you work to become a GM you can make decent money.

Advice to Senior ManagementMandatory 50+ kills a man

Ridiculously easy for the money

Dominos Delivery Driver (Current Employee)
Traverse City, MI (US)

I have been working at Domino's full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFairly flexible hours, and not so many you can't have a life or another job. Good pay (hourly, plus a portion of the delivery fee, plus tips). Simple things are expected, sharp people won't have a problem. Cash daily can be a big help. I love the variety: working inside/outside, listening to my own music and driving my own car, interacting with mostly happy customers.

ConsThis job will kill your car. Do NOT drive a brand-new car. You become a magnet for scratches, dents, etc (even if you're a good driver). Also, plan on LOTS of miles driven. I typically drive 20,000 miles a year, and have know drivers that did more like 35,000 a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've got a great company, good products, and a great outlook. Listen to your people. When you add too many products to the menu, our customers have a hard time reading the tiny print. Store-level employees have some great ideas, but despite your best efforts don't feel free to share them.

Take the commercial with a smashed pizza stuck to the top of the box in the inaugural commercial for CEO J. Patrick Doyle: "We'll fix this". But you didn't. The problem isn't careless drivers, it's the pathetically thin pizza boxes, and the floppy delivery bags. Years ago the bottoms were firm with an induction system (heat wave). It kept pizza hot, and NOT smooshed. This is one example of what front-line employees see. You've had MBA's that deliver pizza for you, delivery drivers with more than a decade of experience, store managers with three decades.

All-in-all... a great place to work. Keep it that way.

Great College Job

Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee)
Friendswood, TX (US)

I worked at Domino's full-time for less than a year

ProsFlexible Hours. High tips in this town

ConsHave to rack up mileage on your own vehicle. Pay for your own gas even though its somewhat re-imbursed. Late hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nice to your under-lings. When I was there the area manager came in and was a complete... your know what.... to everyone in the store. Not effective at changing a stores appearance or success.

Worked for Domino's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Domino's reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Domino's CEO J. Patrick Doyle. All 479 reviews are posted anonymously by Domino's employees.