Domino's Reviews

Updated 28 October 2014
3.4

Domino's President, CEO, and Director J. Patrick Doyle
J. Patrick Doyle

Pros
  • Great co-workers, Normally Flexible Hours, Can be a fun atmosphere to work in (in 44 reviews)

• At the store I worked at the people there where easy to work with and helpfully (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • The wear and tear on a person's vehicle can offset the benefits (in 19 reviews)

• Despicable corporate greed while you pay minimum wage to your employees and BELOW (in 31 reviews)

More Highlights

good experience, crappy management and pay

Current Employee - Domino's Pizza in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Domino's Pizza in Melbourne

I have been working at Domino's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

gives you good experience, fun environment and staff are pretty fun depending on store. work doesnt get boring because theres always something to do

Cons

management wasnt very good, pay would be delayed sometimes and i could get pretty bad shift times. also the pay was crappy even though i was experienced

Hardworking team, fun environment, but overworked and underpaid

Former Employee - Analyst Programmer in Brisbane
    Former Employee - Analyst Programmer in Brisbane

I worked at Domino's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Smart people, hardworking with good ideas, good leadership. The software quality was very good, project management was very good. Expectations were high but realistic; the team are very skilled at what they do. The work was interesting and fun - a good challenge. Free lunch (from Domino's menu) every day.

Cons

Expectations are high, in terms of working hours. Encouraged to work long hours, not forced but pressed. The salary was well below market rate at the time. A number of people came and left.

The culture is very aggressive (sports like, there's a 'war cry') to create some unity and team spirit. It is successful but odd and not for everyone.

The hiring process was extremely tedious, took months and multiple interviews.

Increase professionalism - encouraging people to work long hours doesn't make sense. Increase salaries - hard to do in a very competitive industry but the company does well.

reasonable work

I worked at Domino's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

enjoyable, good team , keeps you busy

Cons

low pay even in management. if you are a driver you are better off driving the company car for a fixed hourly rate than driving your own car for a lower rate plus a per piece rate as the fuel and maintainence cost will suck out any extra you think you are making

keep raking in the profit

Good Company

I have been working at Domino's

Pros

Very good to work for

Cons

none that I can think of

Small company vibe is not an excuse for overwork and lack of professionalism.

Current Employee - Analyst Programmer in Brisbane
    Current Employee - Analyst Programmer in Brisbane

I have been working at Domino's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free pizza. People are generally friendly. Lots of work to do - it's not boring. The company has an invigorating culture.

Cons

Excessive unpaid overtime. Cramped office (too small) working with substandard equipment. Below market rates. Very difficult to get budget approved even for minor expenses. They are a 'run on empty' type of company, trying to be super efficient. But why would any above average performer want to work longer hours while getting less money?

Also, war cries are creepy.

Dish out some coin to get better staff; the results will pay for the cost.

Phone man and bakery officer

Current Employee - Phone Man in Sydney
    Current Employee - Phone Man in Sydney

I have been working at Domino's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good experience, working on phones and making dough for pizza

Cons

Short shifts, could be longer

None

delivery pizza and making pizza

Former Employee - Diver in Sydney
    Former Employee - Diver in Sydney

I worked at Domino's

Pros

easy job, drive own car to delivery pizza in a area, if lucky can get great tips.

Cons

stressful, low pay and not enough shifts

raise the pay for senior stuff please.

Amazing career opportunities. No life outside of work.

Former Employee - General Manager in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - General Manager in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Domino's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you take your job seriously and don't mind diving head first you will succeed. If you solely want to focus on a career this is definitely a job to look into. You get out what you put in. No effort no reward. Great effort amazing rewards. There are endless routes you can take in the business world and Domino's gives you the tools you need to succeed. Just don't expect it to be easy by any means.

Cons

If you want to have a life outside of work this is not a good job/position to have. Holidays and weekends off will become practically non existent. Phone will be going off at all times of operation while on the clock or not. You will never have a guaranteed day off. Scheduled times off are far from your actual time off and that's on top of not being allowed to leave before 10 pm on weekends and rush on weekdays anywhere from 7-10 pm.

Not everyone is able to be Domino's Domino's Domino's 24/7. Burning out your employees to reach #1 is not a good work ethic there needs to be a balance. If you are riding employees 24/7 it will burn out any person from the best to the worst; from the hardest workers to the laziest. Keep in mind pressure starts from the top and works it's way down the chain. It is a great company and the leaders have great potential. Balance is key.

Great part time job with huge potential

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Woodbury, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Woodbury, MN (US)

I worked at Domino's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get what you put into it. I worked 30-40 hours a week and my efforts were certainly recognized. Within three months of working there, I was promoted to Assistant Manager. The GM told me that if I kept up the same pace, in a few years I would have my own store. It was an exciting opportunity and idea, but I was 18 and moving away for college soon. This is a great opportunity for a first job or for a career. As a result of this, I had a wide range of co-workers. For a short time, I was the only girl at our store, but I worked with a range of personalities that were ages 16 through 65. Really, a great group of guys.
    I loved only seeing the customer for 30 seconds, when they finally received their order. High volume works well for me, others maybe not so much. I gained a huge variety of skills from this line of work including getting from A to B and back VERY quickly.

Cons

As with most food service, the tips are hit or miss. I was thankfully located a the Woodbury, Minnesota store which is a growing, rich suburb of the Twin Cities, making my income pretty steady. There are plenty of horror stories in the news about delivery drivers being robbed, their cars being stolen, broken into, etc. Usually, this is in the big cities that are known for high crime rates, (Chicago, New York, L.A.) so choose your neighborhood wisely.
    Working here beat the crap out of my car. I quickly learned how to change my own oil as well as other basic car maintenance for good and bad weather. By the time I moved away, my honda was covered in dents, dings, scratches and had plenty of close calls. The compensation for miles is not good at all, especially with how high gas can spike sometimes.

Companies like Domino's need to take a stand to raise minimum wage and tipped wage. In some states/areas, tipped wages are drastically lower than minimum wage. In Minnesota, there is no difference between tipped and minimum wage, which is the only reason I initially took the job. Think about how many great opportunities are being missed, because people can't live on $2.00 an hour.

delivery driver

Former Employee - Driver in Canton, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Driver in Canton, GA (US)

I worked at Domino's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people I worked with were amazing, the hours were pretty decent.

Cons

The tips could be really crappy sometimes.