Dr Pepper Snapple Group

www.drpeppersnapplegroup.com
Employer Engaged

I regret I stayed this long.

Current Employee - Route Audit Cashier in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Route Audit Cashier in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are great (day 1) and PTO

Cons

No room for growth, no promoting from within, salary isn't competitive, unfair management, no work life balance, too much work and not enough employees.

Value you your hardworking employees.

Solid place to work with decent pay.

Current Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great team work environment and team sharing. Great Work life balance with local autonomy to control your destiny and opportunities.

Cons

Senior leadership is questionable at times. Also HQ team is very focused in their small universe or department vs. seeing the big picture.

Ensure new hires have bottling experience over a masters degree. Experience is more valuable for the up and coming.

Good company

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

Union at my location which equaled great benifits and pay

Cons

Management was poor at every level

Replace poor managers as soon as possible. Work with employees not a us vs them approach.

DPSG was once a great place to be, now just like every other CPG compnay

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time

Pros

Good learning about business from the ground up.

Cons

Agendas very by areas of orginization

Be fair to all areas of organization not just headquarters.

Good. Depending on the role you have.

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Exposure to seniour leadership. Flexibility. You will learn continous improvement. We live it, breath it!!

Cons

No many tracks for development and promotion. Sales and Finance are where all the opportunities are. Benefits are not competitive when compared to peer companies. Salary is below average, health insurance and 401K below average. Perks are okay if you work on the Marketing or Sales side. Strategy and Senior Leadership direction is lacking.

Put a strategy in place. Fix the route to market. It is currently our biggerst impediment to growth.

Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, don't work here!

Current Employee - Part Time Merchandiser in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Part Time Merchandiser in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, constantly changing work environment and job location

Cons

Low pay, rude customers and grocery store managers, heavy repetitive lifting, management doesn't care about their employees

You are always advertising for new employees on internet job sites but the best way to get new hires is in the field. Your employees interact with potential new hires. But we have nothing good to say and advise them not to work for DPSG.

As a driver Work you to death! 16 hrs a day! Pay not equal to hrs worked. Don't think they deserve 1 star

Current Employee - Route Driver in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Route Driver in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

To get driver experience to get a better job. This place will kill you! Overworked, little pay!

Cons

16 hr days 5- 6 days a week = $600 paycheck = sucks! Racism!

Treat your employers right and give pay raise

5 years of a warehouse associate that provide hard work,time management,and pure skills

Former Employee - Loader in South Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Loader in South Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I believe i can be the backbone of the company and provide excellence of a worker

Cons

Working unorganized as team that leads to confusion and stress

You can expect alot of me as a worker. I love challenges and enjoy my work that im giving

Merchandiser

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. Decent starting wage. Mileage compensation between assignments on route. Regular training offered to keep employees current and informed.

Cons

Lots of productivity pressure compared to competition often making for regular long hours. Personal life is dependent on available personnel to cover assigned territory effecting days off and vacations which will be cancelled even if scheduled months in advance. No wage reviews or increase from hiring date for time with the company. Management support of employees in the workplace is considered secondary.

The work - life balance with the company for the merchandising position is terrible. Employees in this position are constantly being squeezed for more hours to reduce staffing costs. Management needs to re-evaluate the plus minus of pushing it's employees beyond healthy limits to maintain good employer, employee relationship. An improvement in the wage structure needs to made to maintain growth incentive for employees.

Profitable but stripped

Current Employee - Manager in Avenel, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Avenel, NJ (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company is continuously profitable and bonuses pay out in full every year. Most of this comes from the Rapid Continuous Improvement projects rather than actual growth.

Some of the bennies are good. They give everyone 2 weeks' vacation front loaded. There's no "earning" then taking it later. You take it in the same year you are earning it, so technically you could take 2 weeks' vacation the first week of January even though you haven't "earned" it all yet. You get 3 weeks at 5 years and 4 weeks at 10 years. The next step is much later, something like 25 years to get the 5th week and it tops out there.

There are 12 paid holidays. The 401k match is dollar for dollar up to 5%. The pension is gone, but they give you 3% of you pay into your 401k every March instead. This is in addition to the regular weekly match. You are immediately vested in the 401k. There is no wait period for health benefits or anything else.

Cons

They've eliminated the Capital Engineering team and put little money into infrastructure now. Benefits used to be much better but now are quite expensive. Management level and above pays about twice as much in premiums for health insurance than hourly workers. It's good for hourly workers since it makes it affordable, but if you are entry-level management, it's quite burdensome.

It's gotten to the point where people are afraid to go on short term disability (for an operation, etc) for fear their job will be eliminated while they're out. There is a culture of continuous improvement. Whether you're there 5 years or 5 months, you're only as good as the latest thing you've done. It keeps people on their toes, but can lead to a culture of constant fear.

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Photos