Dr Pepper Snapple Group

www.drpeppersnapplegroup.com

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014
Dr Pepper Snapple Group – Albuquerque – “Dr Pepper Snapple Group--Seven Up of Albuquerque”

Dr Pepper Snapple Group President and CEO Larry D. Young

Larry D. Young

Pros
  • Benefits are good they start from day 1 (in 9 reviews)

• Great benefits package if you choose to enroll, available on day 1 (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is the exact inverse of what you would like to see in a company (in 10 reviews)

• Trouble with supervisors and upper management (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Account Manager

Account Manager (Current Employee) Harvey, IL (US)

ProsGreat people to work with. Fun environment and great recognition for top performers as well. There was also fun incentives that motivated people to perform.

ConsPoor Mid-level managers. They lack leadership skills. It seemed like the friends of the boss or those who had been there the longest got the promotion. That does not always mean they are best for the position.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to those who go and get degrees and want to progress within the company before they leave, like I did.

High Stress Environment

Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) Plano, TX (US)

Prosgood pay and opportunity to advnace

Conshorrible work life balance and hours

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to employees

Great Experience

Account Sales Manager (Former Employee) Somerset, KY (US)

ProsThe money is there, you just have to go and earn it. Good salesmen will make it and move up. I loved the fact that I got to go about my day without constant supervision over my shoulder. This job offered me an excellent sales experience, and I highly recommend it for driven, motivated salesmen.

ConsThe company is still young and has its growing pains. Because of this, upper management seems to make some questionable decisions. One that I don't understand is how they let the competitors distribute their flagship brand Dr Pepper. I understand that they have a contract that was in place before the company came to, and I understand that the cost would be high to compensate the extra volume, but the brand doesn't receive it's justice. Pepsi and Coke give DP little to no love compared to their own flagship. Not a great long term business decision...

Advice to Senior ManagementMake decisions that will move the company forward, not hinder it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dr Pepper Snapple Group review

ProsEasy commute - located in West Plano. Good working environment.

ConsAdvancement. Company does not promote from within.

Laid Off Week before Christmas

Delivery Driver (Former Employee) Northlake, IL (US)

ProsNot many at this present time of the company.

ConsGreat times during the Cadbury reign but after the sell off things went down hill fast. Instead of a pop company, we became a 5S, 6S, Continuous Improvement, find ways to save money company instead. We were no longer being innovative or trying to strengthen our core brands we just came up with bad products and tried to sell them with mega marketing and a sales force hamstrung with polishing crap.
    Management is unprofessional and has a master/slave relationship with the union workforce. Tons of backstabbing going on with the workers and managers, as well as thievery. Loyalty has gone out the backdoor because everyone is in a look out for #1 mentality. The worst company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll of your processes to get the most return on investment for the shareholders is great but don't forget we are a pop company. These are short term processes and in the long run you will have to sell pop to remain viable. Or just do everyone a favor and sell it! And our Core Values should be relevant all the time, not just during annual review time.

Managers getting 20k bonuses, Analysts and below - not even a X-mas card

Analyst (Current Employee) Walnut Creek, CA (US)

ProsNone, there is no education in this company, technical or otherwise.

Cons-Horrible management, many with degrees not related to their positions
    -too many foreigners in management positions.
    -Probably the lowest pay of any fortune 500 company
    -Blames decline of company on a declining industry rather than moronic management.

Advice to Senior ManagementNobody likes you.

Not worth the pay

Machine Operator (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsDiscounted soda
    Insurance
    Off on the weekends
    Whould be a great company to work for if they paid more.

ConsCan not live off salary. Do not understand why a company as large as DPSG pays their employees so little compared to other beverage manufacturers.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the wealth.

admin assistant

ProsDecent pay, flexible hours, 25 cents soft drinks, covered parking

ConsNo advancement, company doesn't care about lower level employees, mgrs bully people and the co is aware of it, no bonus, no stock purchase for anyone other than high level mgrs

Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people. Favorable brand awareness. Diversity of brands outside of CSD segment.

Cons- Little or no direction given by Sr. Mgt
    - Banking on "re-energizing" CSD's is contrary to how both consumers AND competitors see category
    - Depending on dept. antiquated view of how to treat employees.
    - Poor work life balance, weak HR department, tremendous stress

Advice to Senior ManagementLack of long term vision makes it clear that the company is being run for short term & until Sr. level management can retire and leave the company a prime candidate for a takeover.

Good just for short time only.

Account Sales Manager (Current Employee) Norcross, GA (US)

Prosyou can make a little money

ConsUnprofessional/unorganized not a great career builder.

Advice to Senior ManagementNa

Worked for Dr Pepper Snapple Group? Contribute to the Community!