DuPont

DuPont Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

DuPont Chairman & CEO Ellen J. Kullman

Ellen J. Kullman

Pros
  • Good work-life balance when there is no high priority activity going on(in 51 reviews)

• Great core values and respect for people(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • DuPont emphasizes respect for people at a high level but in reality the follow through is just not there(in 9 reviews)

• Below average rate of project progression due to deliberate, data driven, decision making(in 10 reviews)

Great people, great values

Financial Analysis Intern (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE (US)

ProsThe people at DuPont really practice what they preach when it comes to the core values which is great to see in such a large, and established corporation. The work was slow at times, but everyone was so helpful and willing to talk with me so I could get a more broad sense of the company and different functions.

ConsWork was slow and boring.

Great Employer

Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

ProsFriendly, open work environment. Co-workers and supervisors were great.

ConsIf there can be more interesting stuff.

GREAT company culture

Manufacturing Technology Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsOne of the main focuses are not only making a profit and meeting goals, but respecting each other and creating a positive work environment. Interns get very competitive pay. Engineers seem to have a great work-life balance here, no crazy hours.

ConsInterns do not get involved in meatier projects, which is unfortunate. Possibly because of security of information, or believing that interns cannot handle more? I don't know.

Advice to Senior ManagementInterns are only a few classes shy of being qualified engineers, please don't be afraid to give them some responsibility.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Procurement Operations

Procurement Operations (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsAmazing facilities, very good Transport option- both pick and drop from home. Very good location with all possible amenities provided to employees.

ConsConfined to only one shift. But spread out for various time zones. Hopefully make it a global support centre all of them working for a european or indian timings would be preferable.

DuPont is a massive, complex international company with a rich history of product innovation and safety performance.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE (US)

ProsGood compensation and benefits. Many opportunities for growth because of the variety of businesses. Lots of variety in the company portfolio.

ConsOur part of DuPont's businesses is being 'spun off' and we are hemorrhaging talent and experience. Lack of communication does not help in high-stress scenarios, and we are in a holding pattern.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunities for work at home or telecommuting to save money, instead of farming out American jobs to other countries.

Conservative is code word for churn

Business Consultant (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE (US)

ProsStrong company culture centered on core values, with emphasis on ethics and safety. The team members who I work with are passionate, logical, and helpful.

ConsComparatively decent work-life balance and medical benefits. Leadership seems to be driven by wall street expectations than blazing a new trail to define their own destiny.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees could use more help with drawing up the right scope of decision and power that optimizes decision making without the need for meetings after meetings to prepare the discussion with senior leaders who in the end would like to hand-off the decision.

Integrated Ops

Business Process Specialist (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE (US)

Prospay, 401k match, work from home,

Consslow, slow, slow. great people but extremely slow to move forward with anything.

Very good if hired full-time, contractors are 2nd clas

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost of your co-workers are nice, friendly and easy to get along with, whether they were temporary, contractors or full-time. There were a couple of not so polite or respectful.

ConsVery strict rules: eg could get fired if drive in not buckled-up or in parking isle if drive to through a backside place to the one in front. Also some ladies did not like the fact that transvestite guys used their restrooms.

Reliability Engineer

ProsNon-stressful Environment; a lot of learning opportunity;

ConsEverything takes a long time to be completed; work is not always challenging;

Great Expectations

ProsGood pay, benefits and culture. Met my expectations when I joined two years ago.

ConsNo career plans for support group members who are not managers (they don't have CDPs!). Promotions depend on how many hats you're wearing, and I mean multi-tasking in every sense of the word, unless you start kissing manager's ___. I am yet to witness if core values actually work, but i think I've been waiting long enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN to your employees. Keep an open mind.

Worked for DuPont? Contribute to the Community!