DynCorp International

DynCorp International Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

DynCorp International Chairman & CEO Steven F. Gaffney

Steven F. Gaffney

Pros
  • Good pay even though you are in a war zone(in 24 reviews)

• I was able to move into a management position very quickly and enjoyed a good salary and benefits(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not know what is going on or how to run the program(in 11 reviews)

• Being away from home, but that's expected when signing up(in 6 reviews)

Walking on egg shells, very unstable

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

ProsBeen here a long time and make good salary.
    Big campaign to promote their ethics and culture.
    I am trusted and respected for my skills and knowledge for the most part, which is as I expect to get anywhere, as I highly skilled and have 2.5 decades of expertise.

ConsExtremely unstable; employees live in culture of fear and exhaustion. Rounds of lay offs every year if you are not a union employee working a specific contract. Funding for various projects is always hard to come by even for regular much needed maintenance.
    2 years of zero merit pay increases across the board and benefits reduced.
    AWFUL work hours on call 24x7 for weeks at a time. Some weekends worked continuously.
    Very top down organizational chain of command with a strong reaction to employee's voicing questions or criticism. Not a collaborative culture.
    Very few opportunities for advancement.
    The promotion of the DI Start as their ethics and culture is superficial. SR management does not act it out.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake employees feel valued with even a tiny pay increase. Stop the executive and senior management perks. Stop trying to trim the corporate overhead jobs, cutting benefits, and constantly rearranging the reporting structure. So much change is not making it better, only creating doubt and fear. Create opportunities for employees to grow their skill and value.

Kind of ok.

ProsDecent pay. Pay on time.

ConsIn Afghanistan. Very, very poor program management.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Great opportunity for prior military

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe benefits and the work environment

Consshort contract away from home

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

operation different types of equipment according to work order [ tmr].

Heavy Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

Prosgood ,pay system is ok

Consyou miss home,family and friends.

Advice to Senior Managementupgrade

Love this company.

ProsThe company is full of intelligent, helpful, team players.

ConsThe company has made benefit cuts to compete with this poor economy. I hope once the economy turns around the company will remember that the employees gave up benefits in bad time hoping to have them returned with good times.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember to coach and mentor your employees, they are an investment.

EL SALVADOR CSL NAVAIR/GSE CFTs AUDIT needed Records, tool-control, PMs need QA checks Complete/Maint/safety IAW-NAVAIR.

QA Insp U S Comm/Airframes MRO E S Intl Airport (Current Employee) San Salvador (El Salvador)

ProsDynCorp Intl CFTs NAVAIRGSE Maint/Support CSL-1 EL SALVADOR was good in the early years when the team was fresh in 2001.

ConsProblem is that the same CFT has been on site for 13yrs and the maintenance, slacking with no expert QA/oversight.

Advice to Senior ManagementSurprise Secretly Audit the site from Corporates Higher Echelon of experts, to many friends in lower network leak AUDITS to their buddy network.

HR

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

ProsNice people, compensation is decent, good work-life , no personal growth

ConsLow employee moral, no raises in several years..at least let employees wear jeans for moral, leadership is old school, benefits USED to be good, not anymore. Office culture is boring compared to new trendier companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on employee moral with little things that go a long way.

It provided me with the ability to grow and learn while transitioning from the military to the civilian sector.

Recruiting Manager (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunity for promotion is there if you show that you are worthy.

ConsThe company tends to slightly under pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ignore Employees or Managers that do not fitting into the team environment or tend to cause trouble by doing unethical things. Those people need to be held accountable immediately.

Best work environment in terms of safety

Water Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) Kabul (Afghanistan)

ProsGreat human resources department which was responsive to employees needs especially when it concerned their safety, salaries, movements and working relations.

ConsTime off was limited 30 days annually. Working at 12 hours a day ,7 days a week was stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview company policy especially in terms of R&R.

This is a horrible copmany.

ProsThe pay is ok but dont ever expect a raise or promotion.

ConsThey have horrible management and they business is declining.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!