DynCorp International

DynCorp International Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Not yet rated.

S. Gordon Walsh

Pros
  • Good pay even though you are in a war zone(in 24 reviews)

• I was able to move into a management position very quickly and enjoyed a good salary and benefits(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not know what is going on or how to run the program(in 11 reviews)

• Being away from home, but that's expected when signing up(in 6 reviews)

my experience has change me a lot in financial and my career

General Labor/Warehouseman (Former Employee) Kabul (Afghanistan)

ProsThey are caring in everything,my advice is to work more in the same company to serve for a better tomorrow

Consi did not experience any challenge

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat achievement require great perservearence

Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor

Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) Kabul (Afghanistan)

ProsGood pay, good benefits, good bunch of people to work with

ConsSome management does not know there job, buddy system for promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to your employees, fix the promotion system

Overall experience was pleasant and exactly what was expected.

ProsGot paid on time. Uniforms were provided and we had most specialized tools to perform all facets of aircraft maintenance.

ConsBeing away from home, but that's expected when signing up.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Review

Director of Pricing (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

ProsGaffney's vision, leadership, mentoring. Completely different company since Cerberus bought us.

Cons"It's not my job"; "It's the COE's fault", "COE's do not support us" and like statements from middle management and below that tarnish relationships.
    Common statements within BATs and COEs.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't compound bad decision made several years ago and perpetuate it. It might be better to snap a chalk line and start over.

Project Controls

Project Controls (Current Employee) Kabul (Afghanistan)

ProsThe job is satisfing and a good chance to work in on an international project in Afghanistan. The pay is good and the foreign earned income exclusion is a bonus. You have opportunities to visit other countries during your R&Rs.

ConsIt's a difficult time for families being apart 11 months a year. You can only be back in the USA for 35 days or less per year.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more influence on training and mentorship programs.

Great opportunity to do some highly challenging work with an awesome team.

Adviser (Former Employee) Kabul (Afghanistan)

ProsPay was always on time. Great travel benefits. Afforded the leeway to be dynamic in the performance of my duties.

ConsHR support could be much better. HQs seemed to focus on HQs issues versus the mission that was providing them the revenue.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on supporting what is happening with the revenue earners and how to build a leaner HQ.

Long hours, good pay

Senior Accountant (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

Prosgreat people who are dedicated

Conslong hours that extend into home life

Advice to Senior Managementflex time means flex time, not take your laptop home after working 12 hours

good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe pay is great and you get to travel

ConsCompany values are not as preached

Best paycheck you'll see in Afghanistan

PSS (Former Employee) `Alījān (Afghanistan)

ProsGreat pay, company is very regimented and safety conscious, there's a procedure for every little thing.

Cons12-hour work days 7-days a week gets old FAST. Safety is often waived to accomplish a task, but if something goes wrong, it's your fault, even if they told you to do it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to allow expats the same rights as FNs. An FNs word is gold, and if they say an expat did something to them, we're guilty until proven innocent. Also, try to get an idea of what's going on in the field. Rules that you come up with at Corporate often don't apply in the field.

Great opportunity to see the world and experience other cultures

Contract Manager (Current Employee) Khandah Low (Afghanistan)

ProsI was able to move into a management position very quickly and enjoyed a good salary and benefits. There are lots of opportunity for advancement and to learn new job skills. I also was able to travel to places I had never imagined that I would ever get to see.

ConsThe hours are long and some of the management don't have the people skills needed to manage their staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to listen to your employees and understand their concerns.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!