DynCorp International

Updated 20 November 2014
Updated 20 November 2014
3.4

James Geisler

Pros
  • Good pay compared to some of the other companies (in 28 reviews)

• Hours of operations, Great people to work with, "By the book" maintenance (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, Logistics(parts/materials) Living Accomodations (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management does not communicate effectively so issues constantly arise (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

good company

Current Employee - Material Control Specialist in Afgani-Doshi (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Material Control Specialist in Afgani-Doshi (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

pay is good ,good benefits

Cons

better give ,training for with new empp

better

Excellent

Current Employee - Quality and Safety Manager in Fort Bliss, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Quality and Safety Manager in Fort Bliss, TX (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment, benefits package and overall all their employees

Cons

Even though it is a contract, it is great working for this great company

Outstanding People, Outstanding Mission, Outstanding Accomplishments

Former Employee - Project Lead in `Alījān (Afghanistan)
    Former Employee - Project Lead in `Alījān (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Company support and assistance. Training was a minimum, but we were heading into a combat zone as civilians and a very fluid work environment. I will never be able to express my gratitude to the management and support personnel of DynCorp.

Cons

support for family in the states, especially for spouses. minimum understanding of the tax implications of promotion through the DynCorp system.

good

Current Employee - Training Manager in Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Training Manager in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is a challenge to work with the military, good opportunity, good salaries

Cons

Dealing with the military and government

I experienced with DynCorp Intl. as like familiar with our co-employees.

Former Employee - Electrician in Kandahar (Iran)
    Former Employee - Electrician in Kandahar (Iran)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I like here Kandahar US ARMY providings equal with Soldiers. Vacation in every 90 days. I appointed as an Electrician and after one year I become a Assistant Electrical Inspector. Always our company give us various trainings and provide the certificates.

Cons

I experienced work with our bosses and co-employees friendlier and happily. And office staff also good co-operate with all of employees. Company have everyday safety classes in the mornings and evenings.

DynCorp Intl. have good values in kandahar. I knows our company and HR have good conduct with employees.

Great

Former Employee - Aircraft Mechanic (Electrical) in Fort Campbell, KY (US)
    Former Employee - Aircraft Mechanic (Electrical) in Fort Campbell, KY (US)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, great benefits, 401k, vacation time, flexible, team oriented.

Cons

A bit of micro managing

More emphasis on individual and team accomplishments.

Well and most appreciated environment when i worked for the three years and a half

Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Herat (Afghanistan)
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Herat (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Am looking at working in a challenging environment to expertise my duties in my field of a forklift operator

Cons

Working under new management and a different atmosphere not being q war zone like when i worked with Dyncorp International llc

Safety first in our line of duty nobody would like to loose a hand, finger or leg when in in line of duty.Respect and dignity in regards of race or colour when are working to meet one goal for the betterment of the company

Satisfying customer mission; Learned a lot; frustrating corp politics

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working out of Fort Worth office provided good sr. leadership visibility. Very patriotic company and does a great job recognizing veterans and their contractors operating in harms way. Programs are not very technically complex but the missions are unique and can't help but provoke a strong sense of patriotism. Program locations around the world provide interesting travel opportunities (Afghanistan, Iraq, GCC states) for those who enjoy frequent travel. The former CEO did a good job creating an intentional culture and reshaping the mindset of some leaders. Have opportunities to wear many hats if you are motivated. Like most places, your experience will largely be shaped by your boss and immediate peers.

Cons

Constant redirection is frustrating and makes it difficult to get anything done. Often seemed like just when started to get traction, the direction would change. Reinvent the same wheel over again in every different color... Leadership was slow to make strategic decisions; No raises for last 3 years...although understandable given the financial pressures.
    Although much of old boys club has been weeded out, some leaders still promote and reward unprofessional, incompetent, and/or hostile behavior, which often isn't addressed until something blows up. Very little work-life balance...everything is needed and needed now mindset, just so it can sit around and languish (for months, even years) waiting for senior leadership sign off. Virtually no automation...surprising for a company this large. Very poor communication...the oldest/largest "start up" I've worked for.

Upper management has a tendency to shoot the messenger so they miss out on the truth from the people who care, and promote the political animals with CYA mindsets instead. Est by example a culture that advocates and rewards truth vs. political expedience. Create formalized succession programs/career development.... Address employee concerns re: company health head on so you don't lose the good people to the frequent layoffs....pull the layoff band aide off at once vs. frequent quarterly/semi-annual mass layoffs that hurt morale.

Watch Your Back

Former Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Former Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The pay was excellent. When I got paid on time I like seeing that large check. I also met some really nice people

Cons

Getting paid every 28 days. Afghanistan- Sometimes you didn't get paid or there was a mistake on your check. If you were lucky, the would fix it 28 days later, or 56 days later, or 84 days later. Is that even legal? Lot of back stabbing. Team lead, site superviser, TI are the jobs people fight for.
    Poor leader ship and poor support. Ole boy network is alive as well

If it walks like a duck and smells like smoke.... well you know the rest

Contract based company

I have been working at DynCorp International

Pros

Good support and team togetherness

Cons

loaded w/ executive managment w/ little mid/senior management

DynCorp International Photos