DynCorp International

DynCorp International Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Not yet rated.

S. Gordon Walsh

Pros
  • Good pay even though you are in a war zone (in 25 reviews)

• Hours of operations, Great people to work with, "By the book" maintenance (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not know what is going on or how to run the program (in 11 reviews)

• Being away from home, but that's expected when signing up (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

It provided me with the ability to grow and learn while transitioning from the military to the civilian sector.

Recruiting Manager (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunity for promotion is there if you show that you are worthy.

ConsThe company tends to slightly under pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ignore Employees or Managers that do not fitting into the team environment or tend to cause trouble by doing unethical things. Those people need to be held accountable immediately.

Did not provide a timely response to a hazmat health issue

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsIt is an international company, perhaps the adventure to other countries, cultures, however the market is changing, expect a reduction in positions overall.

ConsLack of response from headquarters, even after I emailed the CEO about the issue. I requested a change of work area from local management, that was denied. It was a health hazard to all workers, including other military groups, and contract company employees. I heard in the aftermath, people have issues talking, are coughing, have headaches. Why do large corporation, supposedly experts in the field lack adequate procedures to prevent future health issues that their employees may experience. Not my idea of a company with great values, and the values they say is there operational foundation.

No training in my field of IT. Corporate headquarters was not timely in IT issues, in adding support to overseas base. The management does not have the skill or the knowledge to adequately create an efficient and effective IT service level. No training in my field of IT. Corporate headquarters was not timely in IT issues, in adding support to overseas base. The IT management, locally and at the headquarters, does not have the skill or the knowledge to adequately create an efficient and effective IT service level.

Advice to Senior ManagementI advised the management, never heard back. The CEO was replaced, however I doubt it was due to my email. Does management read this.... I doubt it.

Workers make companies money, why allow future suffering from health issues?

Best work environment in terms of safety

Water Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) Kabul (Afghanistan)

ProsGreat human resources department which was responsive to employees needs especially when it concerned their safety, salaries, movements and working relations.

ConsTime off was limited 30 days annually. Working at 12 hours a day ,7 days a week was stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview company policy especially in terms of R&R.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

PMO offices do not work well with their subordinates.

Mentor (Current Employee) Kabul (Afghanistan)

ProsThe pay is OK.
    Because of a Twenty (20) word minumim I need to make up additional pro items. I wish I could make something up.

ConsA PMO office that feels that the employees in the field work for them and not the other way. PTO is not very good.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach your PMO office how business works. Do not let your ego determine who is fired. The ego in the PMO office lost thousands of dollars in profit, erased goodwill with teh customer and any future customer input will prevent a follow on contract.

Good experience, some communication was lacking

DMT Specialist (Former Employee) McLean, VA (US)

Prosthe location was easily accessable. People were pleasant to work with

ConsCommunication of plans for duration of project were lacking

Not as good as it sounds

Heavy Wheel Mechanic (Current Employee) Fort Bliss, TX (US)

ProsThe pay is still higher than most positions in el paso of the same skill set.

Consas far as contractor work goes, the pay is on the low end. Provided benefits will cost you a third of your pay check. Supervision is fifty fifty on getting a competent supervisor or not. Will get laid off soon after hire due to poor hiring schedules.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out who are your best assets, and do not lay them off, especially when they have more time working for you than others recently hired for the same position.

Hire competent leads to do the job. The lead should be able to handle all tasks assigned to them, and not bend the rules for coworkers they are friends with.

Very disappointed with the there process at DIFZ, if your a US citizen

Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) Kabul (Afghanistan)

ProsA great opportunity to develop work in different areas of the company

ConsManagement needs more leadership skills and people skills before making judgement calls on a business/personal matters.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be more aware of the policy and procedures they put in place for the company and employees not just a certain race or group of people. Management needs to be aware of the political games of there Managers they have on the ground instead of investigating the matter on there own.

A company with no sense of direction

Finance (Current Employee)

ProsThe lower level of management and their staff are very good hard working people.
    Compensation is good
    Benefits are Ok
    Challenging tasks

ConsManagement has no sense of direction
    Too many changes in organization structure
    Too many VP’s & Sr. Directors
    Poor training for new hires
    Very poor HR department it is all about protecting the company but not the employee
    Too many complaints never addressed
    Poor employee moral
    Favoritism
    No merit increase for the last 3 years
    Constant increasing benefit cost
    Reduced 401K company match
    The business is decreasing and poor business development
    Do not care about employee’s wellbeing or their life outside of work the company is demanding more hours.
    Directors and up are very demanding and very good at blaming others

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to clean house, take care of your hard working people

Interesting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis company is known for quick hire.

ConsThey hire from all over the world. This may cause some problems if you are not accustomed to working with foreigners.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter screening of who you put in charge.

Good people horrible management

Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

ProsGreat group of people to work with who share knowledge and help you as much as possible.

ConsUpper management does not communicate effectively so issues constantly arise

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!