DynCorp International

DynCorp International Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Not yet rated.

S. Gordon Walsh

Pros
  • Good pay even though you are in a war zone (in 25 reviews)

• Hours of operations, Great people to work with, "By the book" maintenance (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not know what is going on or how to run the program (in 11 reviews)

• Being away from home, but that's expected when signing up (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Best paycheck you'll see in Afghanistan

PSS (Former Employee) `Alījān (Afghanistan)

ProsGreat pay, company is very regimented and safety conscious, there's a procedure for every little thing.

Cons12-hour work days 7-days a week gets old FAST. Safety is often waived to accomplish a task, but if something goes wrong, it's your fault, even if they told you to do it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to allow expats the same rights as FNs. An FNs word is gold, and if they say an expat did something to them, we're guilty until proven innocent. Also, try to get an idea of what's going on in the field. Rules that you come up with at Corporate often don't apply in the field.

This is a horrible copmany.

ProsThe pay is ok but dont ever expect a raise or promotion.

ConsThey have horrible management and they business is declining.

Favoritism, Racism and Management incompetence.

Materials Control Specialist (Former Employee) Kandahar (Iran)

ProsOnly the pay was good but not on Par with other companies doing defense contacting

ConsI worked for them for 2 years until April 2014 I worked in Kandahar and Camp Leatherneck.
    I found a lot of Racism , A lot of favoritism, a lot of incompetence especially among management.
    They had a policy of anti- American hiring quota's and practices.
    They strived for 80% Foreign nationals and 20 % Americans. I found that to be unacceptable since they were billing the US government for that and the US taxpayer had to foot the bill.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet Rid of your racism, get rid of your favoritism, Hire Americans first and offer Americans some better living conditions and better pay. Most of all put people in management that are qualified and have college degrees.
    and don't tell me I am a liar because I was there and saw it first hand.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No room for advancement for women

Logistics (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsWorker bees are ok to work with

ConsNo room for advancement for women. No training. Key positions filled by friends and family, not qualified personnel. Job postings are rigged, only opened for 1 day or closed and reopened so the people who applied the first time are no longer in the running. HR is a JOKE, no educational background or training to even be in HR.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about look at people who have been with the program for the total number of years and not just in the same payroll company before deciding who has longevity or not.

Good people horrible management

Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

ProsGreat group of people to work with who share knowledge and help you as much as possible.

ConsUpper management does not communicate effectively so issues constantly arise

Defense Contracting is contracting

Senior Accountant (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

ProsThere are opportunities for advancement if you are ambitious, smart and willing to work hard. Decent benefits.

ConsGovernment contractors experienced massive growth during the Bush years and now the cycle has turned. Currently in 2014 this is a very challenged sector with downsizing occurring on an ongoing basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementInformation and knowledge is very compartmentalized and difficult to obtain, creating an inefficient work environment and often inconsistent results. A greater emphasis should be placed on leveraging the knowledge of SMEs who can greatly reduce the learning curve for more inexperienced or temporary staff.

Great company to work for oversea

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay even though you are in a war zone

ConsWar zone makes it a little scary

Lack of good communication

Munitions (Current Employee)

ProsThe benefits offered are good for overseas.

ConsWorking for retired military, stuck in their old ways. Long hours. Generally 2 days off a month.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnforce code of ethics. Complaints go up and nothing is ever done to abusers.

It's all about the Click!

Supply Tech (Former Employee) Baghdad (Iraq)

ProsThe money is great in IRAQ living quarters is great for where you have to live. Food is great because it cost you nothing and you don't have to buy, cook or clean up.

ConsTime off is when you are not busy (rarely) you may get a day off. Policies are always good until they don't work for management. Training there is none, Benefits are what you sign up for.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people, they do the work you just jump to whatever another manager thinks who doesn't do any of the work. One day a week off keeps your employees sharper, rested and better able to cope with the unknown.

Promotion is hard to come for foreign Nationals and they are equally knowledgeable as expatriots

Billeting Coordinator (Former Employee) Kandahar (Iran)

ProsExperience and exposure is great

ConsLong working hours and temporary living quarters

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider promotions interms of work achievement and knowledge but not who is who

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!