DynCorp International

Updated 29 October 2014
Updated 29 October 2014
3.3

James Geisler

Pros
  • Good pay compared to some of the other companies (in 28 reviews)

• Hours of operations, Great people to work with, "By the book" maintenance (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, Logistics(parts/materials) Living Accomodations (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management does not communicate effectively so issues constantly arise (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Inept leadership

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, some opportunity if you are former military and know how to be a political animal.

Cons

Top leadership is fluid, 3 CEOs in 4 years, layoffs are frequent, no pay raises no matter how well you perform, "You get to keep your job"

Why bother, they wouldn't listen.

End of contract review

I have been working at DynCorp International

Pros

A Large company with varying job opportunities in the defense industry

Cons

A very later he company that often loses sight of its employees

Make sure to think of employees as individuals and not as part of a number on a profit scale

Good company to work for.

Former Employee - Power Generation Mechanic in `Alījān (Afghanistan)
    Former Employee - Power Generation Mechanic in `Alījān (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

As a foreign national working for an international company, it was a good overall experience. Lots of learning areas on the job. International work exposure. New cultures. Fantastic.

Cons

Poor pay for foreign nationals (FN) employees. Obvious difference in the treatment of US citizens and FN especially those from africa. Long hours of the job.

Give more job opportunities to Foreign Nationals from Africa.

Disappointed

I worked at DynCorp International full-time

Pros

Pay and benefits are above average.

Cons

Senior Management is totally out of touch with the workforce. Employee ideas are not given any consideration, and people work out of fear of losing their job. Management has a "pass the buck" mentality and "good old boy" network mentality.

Need to value and appreciate the value of employees. Remove the managing by fear element and hold yourselves accountable instead of pointing fingers when things don't go as planned. Embrace the team concept that is preached but not practiced!

Defense contractor with little to no concern for employee base.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly diverse- good representation of international employees and veterans.

Cons

Constantly changing/ reducing benefits without warning. Company claims to be veteran friendly but its really just a marketing ploy aimed at securing contracts. There is very limited room for advancement outside your prescribed initial duties and the company's reputation still suffers from past transgretions. It feels filthy.

Quit trimming already limited benefits. Focus efforts- quit attempting to fill every need of the federal gov't and specialize, preferably outside of defense.

Working for DynCorp

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A great learning experience working on various government contracts.

Cons

Poor management, poor HR department, low employee morale, constant layoffs, costly benefits, not even average pay, long hours, no overtime paid, and they do NOT follow the DI STAR that they claim is so important.

Learn how to treat your employees. Learn to listen and take action when needed. Learn to solve employee issues.

Monitor Escort

I have been working at DynCorp International

Pros

Great! Opportunity. You get to travel the world. And you meet new and different cultures of people.

Cons

Being away from Loved Ones.

Moving to the positive

Former Employee - Quality Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Quality Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

My direct report and management team were professional and very team oriented. Corporate seems intent on building a company built on true professionalism and rooting out the "buddy system" systemic in overseas contracting.

My experience with the company was overall very positive

Cons

Many departments lacked continuous improvement input from their front line personnel. Many of my friends from other departments experienced a far courser work life from their senior management team.

More emphasis on education, experience, skill, aptitude, and attitude during hiring.

Excilerating

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Huntsville, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in Huntsville, AL (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

No two days are ever the same. Since this company has locations all around the world. There is always something happening, 24/7. The opportunity for growth is excellent. The general overhead is low, so everyone wears many hats. I am learning something new everyday. I love interacting with people all over the world. I get to work with true american heroes. The ethics are top notch. There is a social contract that is signed and followed to the letter. This definitely makes for a very pleasant work atmosphere. The leadership training is relevant immediately to our managers, not just something they can use in the future. I love it here.

Cons

You need to be available 24/7, 365. They keep the overhead low, but this creates a bottleneck sometime to get something processed. Some of the software applications need to be updated and more user friendly.

Offer the bonuses to everyone, not just managers. This is truly a team environment. Everyone on the team needs to be rewarded, not just the managers.

Got to do the job I had in the USAF for a civilian company.

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor

Pros

Good pay, can do the same job you had in the military.

Cons

Qatar sort of sucks, and not having SOFA status as a civilian in Qatar makes you a 2nd class citizen with no equal rights who are regarded as gods by the police.

Don't be "my daddy", I am a grown man. Micromanagement sucks.

DynCorp International Photos