Eaton

Eaton Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Eaton CEO & Chairman Sandy Cutler

Sandy Cutler

Pros
  • Reasonable benefits, work life balance depending on team, reasonable compensation(in 41 reviews)

• The company offers opportunities for advancement, and will promote from within(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of Over-time is an expectation of employment, so work life balance is not supported(in 17 reviews)

• If employees are working such long hours they at least need time away with their families(in 10 reviews)

good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH (US)

Prospretty average, no real pros or cons

Consno real pros or cons

Good entry level professional development with a global manufacturer in operations engineering.

Operations Engineering (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC (US)

ProsGreat company focus on values and business processes. Good benefits and room for professional growth.

ConsBusinesses are generally understaffed, and you are asked to perform multiple jobs with no pay increase.

Solid employer for my early career

Sales (Former Employee) Highland, IL (US)

Pros- Managers drive to support career development for those that want to move up
    - Good support from Upper Management on new products and upgrades
    - Office culture was good, most employees got along and worked well together

Cons- Lots of turnover
    - Work/Life Balance can become an issue in most departments because of understaffing
    - Financial pressures aren't driven to all departments (Ops vs Sales)

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on building the internal team rather than looking outside for upper management roles.
    Although the corporate pressures are high, celebrate employee accomplishments better.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

ProsThe industry is great. (Power drives the nation and the world. Eaton is at the forefront of power management and quality.) The people are dependable. The pay and benefits are highly competitive.

ConsEaton was founded by an accountant and that still drives most of the business policies. That can be infuriating at the end of the month when you have to ship everything, or how Q1 and Q4 activities are routinely shuddered despite million dollar surplus cash flow -- but Wall Street loves it.

I have learned a ton from Eaton.

Ops Technician (Current Employee) Parma, OH (US)

ProsThe pay is great, but opportunities are limited.

ConsManagement does not listen to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within more rather than hiring outside of the company.

Great Company to Work For!

Project Manager (Former Employee) Arden, NC (US)

ProsGood People, great training, global reach

ConsComplicated advancement, lots of office politics, compensation was, at best, only market rate, lots of acquisitions shaking up corporate structure

Advice to Senior ManagementSee through politics, find objective measures of ability, promote high performers

Great Employer

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Van Wert, OH (US)

ProsGreat benefits, working conditions, leadership, and values!

ConsLocations are typically in very rural areas

Working at Eaton

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC (US)

ProsGreat atmosphere. Great work life balance.

ConsContract workers generally switch out yearly.

Good place to start a career with a decent leadership development program and cross business assignment opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood culture and ethics in the U.S. but it gets a bit more blurred as you move overseas. Compensation above market.

ConsSlow decision making and missed opportunities in fast paced market such as China. Senior mgmt mostly from overseas without intimate understanding of local needs and know-how to develop relationships

Advice to Senior ManagementHitting numbers are important and we all know that, but don't forget it's the people that help hit the numbers. Treat those people well and understand what they really need. Otherwise you are driving good people to your competitors.

Excellent Company to work for.

Cash Applications Specialist (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH (US)

ProsThe company offers opportunities for advancement, and will promote from within. The company is always hiring and there are plenty of opportunities to move around within the company. Senior management is excellent and very helpful when needed.

ConsMuch overtime required for this position, jobs being sent overseas to Pune, India, contractors are compensated poorly for the amount of work they are expected to complete.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider keeping more jobs in the US.

Worked for Eaton? Contribute to the Community!