Eaton

Eaton Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2014

Eaton CEO & Chairman Sandy Cutler

Sandy Cutler

Pros:
  • "Reasonable benefits, work life balance depending on team, reasonable compensation"
    in 35 reviews
  • "Good educational program and lots of opportunities to move up the company with some sacrifices"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "Lots of Over-time is an expectation of employment, so work life balance is not supported"
    in 13 reviews
  • "If employees are working such long hours they at least need time away with their families"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Lots of opportunity for development

I have been working at Eaton full-time for more than 5 years

ProsProcess driven, global company with a successful record of financial performance and strong growth through acquisitions. Many opportunities for career advancement, with mature talent management processes and good relocation policy. You will likely work with many very smart, driven, capable professionals, who will further contribute to your learning and development. Outstanding CEO.

ConsMany processes and requirements from large corporate structure can be burdensome for the businesses and plants, and sometimes you encounter people who execute processes for the sake of the process without considering the cost/benefit equation.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on creating more diversity and inclusion in the workforce and management team.

Eaton is a dynamic place to work- great people, opportunities for growth and development, and values everyone supports.

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee)
Cleveland, OH (US)

I have been working at Eaton full-time for more than a year

ProsEaton has a values-based culture and builds its reputation on doing business right. Our people are our greatest asset and it shows. You have to be at work at least 40-50 hours a week and it makes such a difference in your quality of life when you truly enjoy being around your coworkers. I have made some lifelong friendships and professional connections while being at Eaton, and those are invaluable for me. Everyone is really happy and enjoys what they do. We hire really great people!

ConsCompensation and benefits are slightly above market value, but you might be able to get a higher-paying job somewhere else. I think the benefits, work-life balance, values, opportunities for growth, and corporate culture is what keeps people here. Eaton has a traditional culture. It isn't a start-up tech company and doesn't have all the bells and whistles that might come with a trendy new company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to continue to maintain internal equity and reward accomplishments more frequently.

Great Team work experience and strong HR system

Asia Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee)
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at Eaton full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat place for HR people with a lots real practice

ConsWork-life balance issue, need to work more on it

Company with good entry-level opportunities

Cleveland, OH (US)

I have been working at Eaton full-time for less than a year

ProsEaton offers development programs in multiple functions like engineering, HR, finance, IT, and others, and these are rotational programs that provide a good start to a career. There is a heavy emphasis on professional development and getting to know the company and the leadership. My experience has been very positive so far.

ConsEaton is in the engineering and manufacturing industry, and as such isn't exactly an innovative or fast-moving company.

Large, safe, conservative, fortune 500 company that pays the bills.

Senior Control Systems Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Eaton full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI worked as an electrical engineer. Average to good compensation. Employee concerns are taken seriously. Serious effort is made to keep employees happy.

ConsYour typical bureaucratic problems with large companies. HR, supply chain, IT, purchasing, environmental & health, all make it really difficult to get actual work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a serious and realistic look at your safety policy. Is it actually improving the company?

Good employer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Eaton full-time

ProsGood place to work most of the time

ConsMicro management is excessive Hard to get work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your employees do their jobs.

Innovation Center - Good place to work

Engineer (Current Employee)
Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at Eaton full-time for less than a year

ProsEasy going company, nice working environment, pretty happy with salary and bonus, hours are ok, new building seems cool, great colleagues, open doors everywhere, good treatmen from management, trainings

ConsSlow ordering of stuff, distance from Prague, sometimes difficult to get clear directions, bad canteen

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us freedom to work on stuff like couple of hours a week, discuss more career oportunities

Eaton Review

Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee)
Euclid, OH (US)

I worked at Eaton full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe work was very interesting and I liked what I did.

ConsSome of the internal auditors weren't interested in improving production, but just making notches on their records.

Eaton/ Project Management

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)
Asheville, NC (US)

I have been working at Eaton full-time for less than a year

ProsEaton has a very unique company culture that is unmatched. The work environment is very 'laxed and training is nontraditional. You get actual experience. The hire the people not the position, which makes a great difference. I feel very comfortable in the workplace, it's a business casual environment. You get to interview for promotions, rather than waiting to get one.

ConsWe sit often, that 's not great for your help, you also deal with several customers, distributors who all have several different personalities so you cannot allow your emotions to get involved with the job. Must stay with the company at least 1-2 year before being considered for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementI enjoyed the way that my particular managed runs our team, he allows things to happen as they should with training, and allows hands on experience, and allows his employees to work within their on own environment to do what is best and the most productive for them. Every manager doesn't have this style so they should be aware of micromanagement. Also more of an investment in internal promotion and making sure employees are aware of advancement opportunity.

Nice

GM Marketing (Former Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I worked at Eaton full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWorld class products VEry Aggressive go to market

ConsNeeds cohesion of all personnel to achieve strtegic goals

Worked for Eaton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eaton reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Eaton CEO Sandy Cutler. All 384 reviews are posted anonymously by Eaton employees.