Ebix

Ebix Reviews in Atlanta, GA US

Updated Jul 09, 2014

Ebix Chairman, President, and CEO Robin Raina

Robin Raina

Pros
  • Company Culture is adequetly balanced with work - life balance(in 3 reviews)

• work life balance, good working environment and culture(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Difficult to maintain Work/Life Balance(in 5 reviews)

• And it doesn't include the Senior Management listed on their website(in 7 reviews)

13 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

not bad for what it was

Sales (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat people to work with. Robin is easy to work with once you realize what he is about.
    Decent pay.

Consmy immediate boss was poor
    sometimes felt there was no focus
    very little room for growth.
    Office politics seems more important than moving the company forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementA quote comes to mind: If both of us agree all the time one of us isnt necessary"

Beware- Employees leave Ebix due to poor management, lack of career growth opportunities, and low compensation.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsOne of the pros of working with Ebix is that there are some truly talented employees. Unfortunately, most of them are with the company through acquisitions Ebix makes and they end up leaving once they realize that working for Ebix means that there is no longer room for career growth, raises, etc.

ConsExecutives and people in leadership roles are incapable of making decisions or presenting a clear direction for the company- much less all of the divisions and products that fall under Ebix. The company is constantly making acquisitions but never spends money on R&D, proper staffing, or Marketing. This leads to a lot of frustration internally and an extremely high turnover rate. Also, the office culture in Sandy Springs is terrible. Employees are forced to 'sign in' and 'sign out' like Kindergarteners and management is more focused on whether you are sitting at your desk (god forbid you go to lunch or the bathroom!) than they are about whether you are getting work done and meeting/exceeding your goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementNurture the talent that you have instead of constantly hiring from the outside. Hire better leadership. Have better communication with employees regarding the status of the company, earnings, new products rolling out, etc. Everyone is always in the dark unless a press release is issued. Spend money on R&D & hire more people for product development. The current product offering across the board is stagnant and needs a refresh. Hire more people in Marketing & a VP of Marketing to lead them. There are literally 3 people working in Marketing which makes absolutely NO sense for a company the size of Ebix.

Enjoyable work experience

Office (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsWorking with this company for over a decade, I have learned tons from the industry. I have also developed a great working relationship with current and former employees. The atmosphere is very laid back and fun and the benefits are great!

ConsCompany needs a little more room for growth

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is always key!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Strong Company Positioned To Change How Technology Works in the Insurance and Health Markets

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsDynamic opportunities to work on cutting edge technology for clients who make up the worlds largest insurance/health and financial players. If you want it, any opportunity is there for you. You need to have the skills and the energy to get after it. Great benefits package and one of the only companies I have worked for who actually know about the benefits they provide and are always looking at ways to enhance them and keep the costs down.

ConsCompany is spread out which makes communications internally a challange.

Customers - Run for the hills! Are you getting the feeling that Ebix is pulling a ponzi scheme? Go with your gut.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsI'll get back to you on this...

ConsVery secretive management. Only Raina and his close circle know anything about whats happening with the company. And it doesn't include the Senior Management listed on their website. Being investigated by several governmental bodies, and for good reason. Goldman pulled out of it's acquisition after doing due diligence. Customers are slowly figuring out that its' all a house of cards on a windy day.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou do not instill trust

A Sales Person's Nightmare

Sales (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsWork with some great people, but they all eventually leave.

ConsProduct development is non-existent. There is no development road map. Product updates are reactionary and fail due to lack of technical resources. Sales people have to sell poor systems. Customer service & support is extremely understaffed.

Sales people will have their commission withheld because CEO "feels like it" and commission plans change mid-stream only to avoid having to pay commission to those lucky enough to close deals. The good sales people leave and the bad sales people stay.

New client system implementations frequently fail. When customer cancel their contract, commission is also cancelled.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize this is a software company and not just a stock-play.

A Unique Company

Director (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsBenefits were OK. The existing customer base has a lot of opportunity.

Cons- No budget is provided to departments.
    - Acquired companies are used as basically "run-off" business and no additional investment is provided for growth.
    - Cannot get approval for salary increases for great resources let alone others.
    - Sales compensation is taken away without discussion.
    - The CEO and VP of HR basically run every decision in the entire company. There is no upper management to run the product and tech vision of the company as a whole or any other corporate vision.
    - Communication between departments is weak.
    - Providing HR with constructive criticism upsets HR instead of helping them change the corporate culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the poor performance of the stock, why is the board not looking to replace the CEO? This company needs new upper management, corporate restructuring with an actual management team and consolidation.

A top employee who was betrayed at the very end

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

Pros- Good people (but most are leaving since they realize there isn't much of a future for them)
    - Flexible schedule (at least there was some form of it when I left)

Cons- HR really doesn't give the sense they care about the employees and their only focus is on the company bottom line. They would rather walk around and make sure people were "clocking in and clocking out at certain times" instead of making sure employee morale was where it was supposd to be.
    - Managers will say they have your back but when push comes to shove true colors appear
    - Zero cost of living raises of any kind and even a promotion doesn't guarantee a change in compensation
    - Very little investment in product development

Advice to Senior ManagementStop worrying about how many pennies can be saved by having to approve every roll of paper towels and instead invest in your products and more importantly your employees.

Not a great company for employees

Technical Lead (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsProcess oriented company with great potential to grow

ConsLot of red tape. Arrogant and stingy senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave to listen to employees concerns once in a while

So much wasted potential...

(Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsVery difficult to think of any.

Cons- Overall sense that leadership does not care about their employees
    - Lack of formal performance review program
    - Extremely difficult for anyone to receive a pay increase, even top-tier performers
    - No opportunities for training/development. The company does not offer tuition reimbursement and will not pay for any training that may help you to better perform in your role.
    - HR seems more concerned about monitoring employees' work schedules (professional employees, mind you), "teaching them a lesson" and carrying out the personal whims of specific executives than it is about actually attempting to improve the dismal level of morale, or representing and supporting employee interests.
    - Shady (at best) if not downright unscrupulous business practices

All of the above factors lead to truly good employees leaving the organization (which apparently does not concern leadership one bit since the typical response is something equivalent to "don't let the door hit you on your way out"). When this occurs, the vacant position is often not back filled, which means the remaining employees take on more work - of course, without additional pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest HR obtain employee feedback via a survey but I have absolutely no reason to believe they would do anything with the responses except make excuses and blame the employees themselves.

Worked for Ebix? Contribute to the Community!