Echo Global Logistics

Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner

Doug Waggoner

Pros
  • Echo Dallas has a great work environment for someone who wants to work hard and play hard (in 19 reviews)

• kickball team on thursdays, softball team on tuesdays, beer fridays and happy hours regularly (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible commission structure, low salary (in 11 reviews)

• Base Salary sucks and it takes a while to build business (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

I love it!

Carrier Sales Representative (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsFun , young company. Lots of events to keep employees engaged and active within the company. Great opportunity to make friends and learn about logistics and it's an environment that's growing fast, we are always adding new team members and bringing people in. Great recruiting process and training, I feel like I have learned a lot and I've only been here 2 months. I came from a bank environment and the attitude and culture here is contagious.

ConsGetting started is rough, but what do you expect? I do everything I was trained to do but don't always book a load (Echo speak for closing a deal) and sometimes it's hard to get started, but there are many successful people here who assure me they started the same way and had a difficult time at the beginning so I'm going to true them and stay after it. Hours can be rough too but I'm working with young people my age so it's hard to complain.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to paint a realistic expectation of the job during the interview process by getting more time to talk to current employees and get questions answered.

Inside Sales (Carrier Sales Rep)

Carrier Sales Representative (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat for right out of College, or if you are absolutely desperate. Base is $35k across the board, which comes out to minimum wage after the hours they force you to work. There are a few bright stars among the regional leaders. Young and funish for a minute, until you have to pay rent.

ConsThe company seems to value production, above all else. You will be forced to work 12+ hrs every day, plus a Saturday shift, which you won't be compensated for. They'll tell you that it's an "opportunity" to sell more. But we all know it's just to squeeze you. Soon that $35k is minimum wage and it takes most 8-12 months to "break through" to actual commission earnings. You will see a few examples of people that have broken through on the teams, but they typically make $50k for 12+hr days.

If you'd like to advance, there's a long line, expect 3+ years before you get promoted. If you ask to transfer to another department, HR will remind you that is the job you signed up for etc. Lots of bullying and shoddy people in the company that make trust an issue at all levels.

It's tough when people steal your sales, but when it happens multiple times weekly and the managers defend the people doing the stealing, it's a concern. If you confront the person, they cry foul to the manager which will only earn you a bad mark. Whiny, complainy, young, and entitled. It's scary.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople in charge of training have no leadership qualities, but are really great at being boss'. Hopefully things change, the long hours and conditions are pretty terrible and the constant mistrust among the peons that make the money happen towards "leadership" is unsettling. There was a kind of mass exodus when I left. Lots of grumblings of poor management being the issue. Worth looking into to avoid lawsuits and bad reviews such as this one. Good Luck.

All around great place to work!

Carrier Sales (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGreat culture, fun environment, company is willing to change and is not afraid to try new things.

ConsSome long work hours depending on circumstances throughout the day.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Echo Dallas - A Young Thrilling&Exhausting Atmosphere

Client Sales Representative (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsIf you are missing college/high school, then Echo is the place for you!!!!!!!
    Work hard, play hard is Echo's Motto.
    When you exceed Echo's expectations your efforts will be praised tremendously!!
    If you ask for help at Echo, you will have numerous people willing and able to assist you!

ConsAngry customers, high school drama, some coworkers/customers sound like doochebagz on the phone, I am getting fat sitting at my desk all day, our manager feeds us too much, predator pray environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit feeding me...just kidding. I LOVE FOOD & MY MANAGER!!!!!! <3

My experience at Echo has been wonderful!

Client Sales Representative (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsThe work atmosphere at Echo Dallas is awesome. This is a young energetic company to work for - the supervisors as well as Branch Manager at Dallas continues to give you the resources you need to succeed as well as encourages you and makes sure you're recognized when you’re hard work is noticed.

ConsIn any job - finding your way in a company is challenging at first. Echo has made this transition easy!

Growing and Grew out

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNon Public Company - and was fun place to work. Company used to provide small bonus. It used to be a really good environment.

ConsWent Public. No longer a good balance. No good work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue peopls

Great to start out in sales, but the company is constantly looking for ways to pay you less.

Client Sales Representative (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

Prosgreat training program
    great people
    young start up feel

Consconstantly cutting comissions down
    base or comission, not both

Get what you put in.

Client Sales Representative (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

Prosif you work hard and stick with it, good things will come. great people. great atmosphere. days fly by. it will teach you tons of skills. work with people in various industries large and small which will help for future interviews anywhere.

Constakes a while and hard work to get to commission. holidays and taking days off is kind of hard because everyone has own book.

Advice to Senior Managementlarger base, or more perks for when you are starting

Great place to learn a lot about managing your day.

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsOpportunity to increase your pay with hard work.

ConsBranch atmosphere can be a little hectic at times

Advice to Senior ManagementShare updates more quickly, teach more about our enterprise capabilities.

Fun fast pace

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsLots of room for growth

ConsImmature co workers more interested in social aspects of job

Advice to Senior ManagementMore mature employee hires

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!