Edelman

Edelman Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Edelman President and CEO Richard W. Edelman

Richard W. Edelman

Pros
  • Lots of resources available to employees and good work-life balance culture(in 50 reviews)

• Many smart people to work with on a diverse portfolio of projects(in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely high work pressure means that work life balance is adversely impacted(in 109 reviews)

• Long hours; org structure difficult to understand/navigate(in 89 reviews)

Strong work ethic, lots of potential for growth

Account Director (Current Employee) Sydney

ProsThe network is amazing and the opportunities to work with big global teams is awesome. The very high standard or work is also rewarding

ConsSome teams are on the small side so working at Edelman can be tough for those not working autonomously.

Great internship experience

Intern (Former Employee) Amsterdam (Netherlands)

ProsGreat work life balance, good company values, learning environment

ConsCompensation is relatively low compared to industry average

Corporate Practice Intern

Corporate Practice (Former Employee) Beijing, Beijing (China)

Prosthe best platform at which you can get in touch with world-class clients and get first-class training

Conshard working and huge pressure

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good agency environment; business is booming in Seattle

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsBreadth of clientele to meet your interests; employee benefits; new Seattle office location coming in November 2014; strong growth in Seattle market/office across disciplines and practice areas; salaries tend to be competitive within the agency market; company values and vision

ConsSeattle parking (if you drive to work) can be $11-$13/day; work-life balance can be difficult based on client demands and workload, at times

Great people

Intern (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsI have developed so many great skills in the short time I have been working here. The name definitely carries great status and reputation. The people I work with bring so much to the table on a daily basis.

ConsThe quality of work should be more recognized. Billing is way too important.

Great people to work with/for

Associate Executive (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsYou learn something new every day from co-workers and supervisors.

ConsAt times, the supervisors are doing a billion things that they can't really teach/train the people working under them.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep motivating peers and increase training on digital.

Loving the global mobility program

Manager (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsWe can have a real conversation about global positions esp region jobs, transfers, secondments etc

Opportunity to work on global clients and contribute to local brands.

ConsHours are long but the office is fairly social so at least i feel like i am hanging with friends.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould love more visibility from the new HR lead
    Work life integration (Blue Skies Friday is a good new idea but let's keep it going)
    Start of real career pathing conversation

Simply the Best

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsIndependence means freedom from the financial pressures put on agencies in holding companies; Richard Edelman's game-changing leadership; you will go to work each day surrounded by the smartest people in the industry, at all levels.

ConsThe pace and size will not be for everyone. It is big, fast and extremely smart -- you have to be on your toes at all times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep setting the bar high and pushing the industry forward.

Fantastic to work for

Vice President (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsLearn many skills, provided challenges and career growth opportunities, very social, made wonderful friends

ConsLong hours, great if you are single but a challenge if you are in a relationship or wanting a family

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp junior and senior members find a way to achieve true work-life balance (work one day a week from home or build up staff on teams)

Fabulous opportunities--with high expectations

Senior Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsIncredible work. Challenging client assignments and the resources to the the best work possible. People are very talented and many make great mentors, especially for mid & senior career. For people who fit the culture, the "entrepreneurial spirit" is real. The firm provides resources necessary to make good ideas happen.

ConsNeed to set your own boundaries because the firm will always push for better work. Some of the internal financial structure can make collaboration difficult, but individual relationships always trump the official policies.

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!