Education Management Corporation

Updated 19 September 2014
Updated 19 September 2014
2.4

Edward H. West

Pros
  • Great people to work with and there are opportunities to move up here and there (in 13 reviews)

• They compensate you fairly and have good benefits for employees, 401K match, insurance, wellness programs (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance for this company is not ideal for people with a family (in 14 reviews)

• There is no job security there and you would be stupid to take a job there at this point in time (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

every one is need education

Former Employee - Admissions Manager  in  Melbourne
    Former Employee - Admissions Manager in Melbourne

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time

Pros

education is very important part of your life if education is not come in every signal person that person will be a trained education

Cons

there is no down side in work of education

watch out i am coming

LOVE working for this company!! Best job I've ever had! Great training, great management, great pay and benefits!!!!!

Current Employee - High School Representative
    Current Employee - High School Representative

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management, Training, Hours, Work-LIfe Balances, PTO, Pay, Benefits

Cons

I have nothing bad to say.

Keep up the good work!!

It was good while it lasted.

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I enjoyed being part of enthusiastic teams who clearly saw the benefits of the education offered at the EDMC family of schools. Benefits were good and salaries were above average.

Cons

Changes made in the past few years to the benefits package actually punished their more loyal, long-term employees. It was like a slap in the face. Then you get laid off with not even a hint of warning. After 15+ years of service, I feel very disrespected. The severance package was decent but it doesn't help you deal with the emotional effects of losing a job at which you spent the majority of your adult life.

The company has become too unstable. You never know when the ax is going to fall. The atmosphere has become very tense. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Yes, we should be primarily about the students. But you also need to treat your employees with more respect and care.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sadly, a sinking ship

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The amazing work the students created - they had such talent and passion. Certain teams had great people, a lot were there 10+ years for good reason. Benefits were great. Continuing education opportunities for employees and their immediate family.

Cons

Slow adoption to new technologies. Closed minded to new process improvements. Morale was bad and the culture didn't foster the creative education we were supporting.

Remember why you are there - for the students - and focus on them.

My experience was a positive growing and learning experience.

Current Employee - National Admissions Advisor  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - National Admissions Advisor in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It is a position you can be proud of. You will be changing lives for a living, and there is no job beyond that in which is satisfying.

Cons

Meeting Expectations, sometimes can be a little nerve-racking.

Great overall experience! Allowed the opportunity to help others in pursuing their educational goals!

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not micro managed, fulfilling and rewarding work. Amazing work environment, many minor perks of the job. Job title assigned carries a lot of "weight" in the professional world

Cons

"What have you done for me lately" attitude from the management. "Pushed" to accomplish start goals...sometimes beyond what is best for the student

Remember exactly what the staff has to go through with each individual student

Admissions Representative

I worked at Education Management Corporation

Pros

co-workers, cafe, compensation, my manager, veterans

Cons

dialing, mundane work, boredom, compliance

Telemarketing

Former Employee - Admissions Representative  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time

Pros

Bonded with many of my co-workers.

Cons

Felt like I was selling insurance half the time.

I would not recommend this work environment to my Worst Enemy

Current Employee - Admissions Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Pros

This company Used to have great benefits then started reducing them with higher cost out of the employee pocket with less coverage overall.

Cons

Team Managers play favorites and do more playing and horsing around than work. Look out!! Company consistently cutting back costs on everything,,, Stay away High Stress

More extensive and clarification of training on changes and time to adjust before penalizing the employee.. Team managers need to be more professional and stop acting like children. They should be an example and be more willing to assist . Be flexible if lifestyle changes for the employee if needs changed to different shifts and hours to work.

Company grew too fast

Former Employee - High School Representative  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - High School Representative in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Loved the family work balance and the team.

Cons

Grew to fast. Unfortunately there will be more layoffs

Give people the option to move at their expense. Take into consideration employee performance not just where they live.

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!