Eide Bailly

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jerry A. Topp

Balance

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boise, ID (US)

ProsThe firm is very flexible and open to work life balance discussions.
    Partners are great people to work for.
    I wide range of industries.

ConsYou will travel which for single people may be a good thing, but if you have a family it may be a strain.
    Pay is a bit lower then you can get in private accounting.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou seem to be loosing a lot of people because of salary. But you are also loosing a lot of staff that want to start a family and feel like the job cannot fit there life style. If this is true or not I do not know but maybe a dialogue is needed and changes need to be made.

Well rounded, positive, balanced audit experience

Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee) Boise, ID (US)

ProsWork/Life balanceand flexibility are excellent. Diversity of industries is a huge plus. Working on multiple different clients accross many different field gives you a wealth of experience. The firm culture is great, and I truly enjoy the people I work with.

ConsNo real negatives. Busy season is busy season, but managable. Health insurance is a little on the expensive side.

Very pleasant work environment, but lacking exposure to more dynamic clients

Associate (Current Employee) Fargo, ND (US)

ProsVery laid back with decent compensation and benefits.
    Great opportunity to get exposure to many different industries and employers in the middle market throughout the Western United States.

ConsExpensive family health insurance.
    Long hours during busy season.
    A little bit too comfortable with the status quo. "If it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality.
    You have to stay with the company for a long time in order to truly reap the financial reward for your work.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome room for growth in margins instead of just revenue through a greater focus on operational efficiency.
    I would personally prefer a compensation system that offers more immediate benefit for hard work, rather than one that requires a long-term committment in order to see financial reward. Annual raises and long term vesting of the profit sharing program doesn't allow much mobility. I'm aware of why this is designed this way, but it's time to embrace the mobile workforce of the 21st century.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIn the Colorado offices, the leadership promoted work-life balance. They allowed flexibility in your schedule to fit in work and personal commitments. The company offers a lot of technology training sessions continually through out the year. The company offers a lot of tax technical training as well.

ConsThe clients are generally small to medium-sized, closely held businesses, so there isn't a whole lot of variety or challenge to the work.

Working for this firm was the downfall of my career.

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK (US)

ProsFlexibility, compensation, and great benefits.

ConsThis firm does a very poor job of developing people. Other departments and offices do not work well together.

Advice to Senior ManagementOut with the old and in with the new.

Great training and help from mentors

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood culture and great management

ConsTax season hours can be tedious

Love this place!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK (US)

ProsSupportive management with tons of room for advancement. Partners are very approachable and actually treat the staff very well. They care about work like balance and family is really important to the firm as a whole.

Training is great with the opportunity to work on lots of different clients.

ConsSome travel required.... and the pay scale could increase a little.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Great sales and marketing to get you through the door but falls short of expectations.

Tax (Current Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsGood work life balance and peer culture helpful and supportive.

ConsGrowth is primarily through acquiring small firms and sole practitioner firms. That says everything about the type of work and clients you will "grow and develop" your career on. Lack of coaching, training and development, 360 feedback program is anonymous and "country club" mentality . Pay scale could increase a little and benefits are not the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to create a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged and diversity is respected and valued. Need to promote flexibility through action and not just talk.

Great company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work/life balance and wonderful staff.

ConsWould benefit from being in more states across the nation.

Great Employer

Senior Tax Associate (Current Employee) Boulder, CO (US)

ProsLots of room for advancement. Eide Bailly has a great firm culture and the Partners are very approachable.

ConsNothing comes to mind at the moment

Worked for Eide Bailly? Contribute to the Community!