ADM
www.adm.com Decatur, IL 5000+ Employees

Company very disrespectful of its employees-do not go to work there!!!

Accountant (Current Employee)
Decatur, IL (US)

I have been working at ADM

Proswork/family life ok. Benefits are so/so. I am however now on husbands CAT insurance and it is far better

ConsIf it is 1st 2 weeks of the month expect to work very late nights and will never be able to have any time off during that period. Management thinks it is above everyone. laid off very good employees and left ones that play on the internet all day. Also left ones that get by with doing as little as possible. One guy that got laid off was the first one to get there and the last one to leave every night. Have the stupid goals that have to be revised every year. Your promotions and pay raises are based on these goals. Last year even after the lousy 3% raise was given I was told to make changes to my goals. Now how can that be a goal Treat their clerks or anyone without a degree like they are peons.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat you employees with some respect. You claim to be a team so act like it. Don't lay off good hard workers and if you do have to lay people off, it shouldn't be left up to the employees upper supervior to make that kind of decision. If they don't care for a person that is the ones that got the ax. It should have been done by Seniority. The way you handled things it was not a lay off it was the firing of people.

Mundane

Commodity Merchandising Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at ADM

Pros: I don't have anything against the company. It is just a fairly basic job that got old very quickly. But if you want a stress… Cons: -Very Mundane. I had done basically everything task I would ever do on the job within the first couple weeks. -Work… Advice to Senior Management: -Give your interns more work to do. The majority of the day I… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

ADM was ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ADM

Pros: At the time a lot of oppotunites for personal and… Cons: Layoffs that affected 1,200 employess. More

There are newer reviews on ADM.

Worked for ADM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADM reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ADM CEO Pat Woertz. All reviews posted anonymously by ADM employees.