ADTRAN
www.adtran.com Huntsville, AL 1000 to 5000 Employees

a small company with a rural mentality

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Huntsville, AL (US)

I worked at ADTRAN

ProsLarge offices. Cafeteria is decent.

ConsThe company although being in technology and a high growth sector is very conservative in terms of its investment policy. Projects are undertaken and are pursued half heartedly. Has a small under funded engineering team spread too thin across multiple sectors. Management looks to spread its feet in every possible sector without adequate investment. Has outdated technology in several areas. Future isn't too bright based on the technology roadmap for the organization, already facing intense competition in several areas.

Also if you move to Huntsville, remember this is the only telecom company for hundreds of miles. Better to rent than to buy property here. There is not much going on in HSV.

Very nice work place. No unnecessary politics

HARDWARE DESIGN ENGINEER-1 (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at ADTRAN

Pros: Great team to work with. Cons: Not many opportunities to travel on work. Advice to Senior Management: Keep up good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Just like life. Employment here at ADTRAN has had it's ups and downs

Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at ADTRAN

Pros: Friendly people, good benefits and low turnover Cons: Below average compensation and long hours in certain sectors of… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure new senior level manager don't shove their prior company cultures down on existing employees. Also in your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on ADTRAN.

Worked for ADTRAN? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADTRAN reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ADTRAN CEO Thomas R. Stanton. All reviews posted anonymously by ADTRAN employees.