There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

Management and leadership of the company's domestic and international security services offerings

Former Employee - Senior Director
Former Employee - Senior Director

I worked at AECOM full-time

Pros

AECOM is a good company with great diversity in the global marketplace. They have a very strong body of assets that can contribute from across the company's portfolio to meet contract requirements.

Cons

As with any large company, the size of AECOM is also its negative. Decisions, direction, and requests must go through an exhaustive process for approval. Such process can add to the overhead and schedule of any project.

856 Other Employee Reviews for AECOM (View Most Recent)

Downhill ride...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at AECOM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits were decent and the people in the trenches were great! If the economy turns around, the good people left at AECOM will have the opportunity to do more great things again, as they did before they were sold by another good company.

Cons

After the "buy-out", numbers became much more important than people. Oh, there's a business to be run, but appreciation and recognition for our experience, knowledge, and potential went downhill quickly.

Good luck! When business is down, it is still best to treat employees with respect. We (the employees) all want the best for our clients AND each other.

Character building, very frustrating with few up shots

Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I worked at AECOM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people working with me were all amazing and the relationships thta i built are long lasting.

Cons

Management and ethos from America was very frustrating and quite limiting in terms of prospects, not a valued employee in sight.

Walk the talk in house.