AECOM
www.aecom.com Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

You're Just A Number

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Arlington, VA (US)

I worked at AECOM full-time for more than 5 years

ProsConvenient location near public transportation, cool staff, friends, steady paycheck, gym in building. Have I reached the 20 word minimum yet?

ConsShare some of the downsides of working at AECOM? "Soul-crushing" and "you're just a number" are the most accurate descriptions of AECOM. When I was laid off last year during one of their many rounds of lay-offs, my manager wasn't even present.

I was with a former operating company that just celebrated its 100th anniversary. Post-merger and after months of mind-games, bending over backwards in the name of "AECOM values", and countless wasted hours spent on pointless "team-building" meetings, I was let go. When AECOM fires you, you have 15 minutes to vacate the premises, and you can't say goodbye to anyone unless they're near your desk. Some random HR representative, that you've never met hovers near you until you leave. If you don't leave within 15 minutes, security is summoned.. And to me, a company that treats you that way when you leave never really cared that you were there in the first place. Employees who were with the previous operating company, some for 20+ years, were just unceremoniously discarded. It's heartbreaking.

At AECOM, you are a number, not a valued employee with a personality and experience. Just a number.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to management? Read these reviews.

My Career with AECOM is Great!

Department Manager (Current Employee)
Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Broad range of project types and locations provide good opportunites - especially for entry level and mobile emloyees. Appropriate pay and very good benefits package.… Cons: Publicly-owned company means the focus on financial results seems to overide employee satisfaction. A little heavy in the executive offices with lots of… Advice to Senior Management: Please recognize the current morale issues and subsequent employee retention problems. We are losing good staff and their experience due to the perceived morale issues, and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

positive overall experience

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: work environment that offers carrier opportunities Cons: very large company currently in the process of restructuring Advice to Senior Management: client focus should be the main strategy driver Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on AECOM.

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AECOM reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AECOM CEO Michael S. Burke. All reviews posted anonymously by AECOM employees.