There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

Speachless

Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at AECOM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Better than being unemployed but just.

Cons

everything else including lack of focus on expertise

fire yourselves

858 Other Employee Reviews for AECOM (View Most Recent)

Your Reward for Hard Work, and Bringing in More Work: Nothing - Profits go to Los Angeles

I have been working at AECOM full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Some good people who were here before we got bought up. We don't have to vaccum or clean the toliets (yet)

Cons

Since being taken over by the global giant, EVERYTHING is more difficult. Opening a job, managing a job, getting approvals, hiring people, getting IT help (non-existent).

The hypocrisy of upper management: the money spent on internal PR, (the latest being so called "Next Gen") and there is nothing for bonuses, when we are in the hottest economy in North America, and our competitors are getting well rewarded.

Cut the shallow marketing, which only appeals to those who have drunk the koolaid. Nobody else is buying it. and concentrate on treating people fairly and honestly. If you don't think that matters, then why are so many people leaving? Maybe your obsession with catering to the shareholders isn't going to make much of a company in the long run. Your employees have no faith in "AECOM".

The wolves are snapping for your throat

I have been working at AECOM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Big company that has offices globally

Cons

Brutal indiscriminate company where everyone is out to get each other in order to survive. I think being a gazelle on the Serengeti would be easier than to navigate the provincial offices, business groups and cliques. Team building and goal building are thrown to the wind. It is a struggle to find work for 100% billability requirement set on the technical staff. Im tired of fighting just to get work within my own company.

The glass ceiling is starting to hurt my head...

Wake up the gravy train wont last with the way you mismanage midlevel staff and projects. There isnt anyone I know of that approves of your greed and gross mismanagement.

There are newer employer reviews for AECOM