Speachless

Current Employee - Engineer  in  New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Better than being unemployed but just.

Cons

everything else including lack of focus on expertise

fire yourselves

Other Reviews for AECOM

Worse than I Imagined or Ever Expected

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large, world-class interesting projects. Not much else. I guess I have to keep typing to get my 20 words.

Cons

Low or no raises but CEO gets 20% per year. They run engineers ragged into the ground. Lays off staff when stock price falls and keeps remaining staff afraid for their jobs. Took a great mid-sized engineering company and ruined it. Took local IT and replaced it with a call center (same for HR). Agrees to impossible schedules then expects engineers to give up their personal lives to get the job done.

Bite me! I'm outta here.

Your Reward for Hard Work, and Bringing in More Work: Nothing - Profits go to Los Angeles

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Some good people who were here before we got bought up. We don't have to vaccum or clean the toliets (yet)

Cons

Since being taken over by the global giant, EVERYTHING is more difficult. Opening a job, managing a job, getting approvals, hiring people, getting IT help (non-existent).

The hypocrisy of upper management: the money spent on internal PR, (the latest being so called "Next Gen") and there is nothing for bonuses, when we are in the hottest economy in North America, and our competitors are getting well rewarded.

Cut the shallow marketing, which only appeals to those who have drunk the koolaid. Nobody else is buying it. and concentrate on treating people fairly and honestly. If you don't think that matters, then why are so many people leaving? Maybe your obsession with catering to the shareholders isn't going to make much of a company in the long run. Your employees have no faith in "AECOM".

There are newer employer reviews for AECOM.

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!