AECOM
www.aecom.com Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Getting worst before it gets better!!

Project Engineer (Former Employee)
Arlington, VA (US)

I worked at AECOM full-time for more than 5 years

ProsMega projects and good benefits.

ConsThe middle management promotes among themselves even if it does not make sense. Why will promote a person that have not won any work for the office, why? They have to many young middle management people with no experience or connections. Everywhere that I go is the same thing, you win projects because you prove yourselves as competent and experienced on matter not because you are the president of such and such association or because you know the president of this other association and go golfing with him. AECOM middle management does not have the know how therefore they can't win.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the nonsense and start hiring seasoned experienced people and please let go of the top salaried people (it is killing the morale).

Excellent Projects

I have been working at AECOM

Pros: Sustainable Projects that make a difference to human lives Cons: Matrix system of reporting has many shortcoming Advice to Senior Management: Reporting structure needs to be reviewed More

Good People and Interesting Projects - New Management is a Problem

Environmental Scientist (Current Employee)
Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Opportunities to work on very interesting projects and get good… Cons: If you aren't a project manager you have little long term… Advice to Senior Management: Focus more on retaining talent than making your financial goals… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AECOM.

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AECOM reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AECOM CEO Michael S. Burke. All reviews posted anonymously by AECOM employees.